Sharing amazon prime?

Posted 11th Dec 2019
So I need to set up amazon accounts for both my mum and my daughter (15). However they both have their own debit cards that I want to link to each of their accounts.

Seems to me if I want to share prime then I have to set up an adult account for mum and a teen account for daughter and link both to my payment details then add their cards to my account? I’m not worried about either of them using my payment cards by mistake.

However I don’t want to see what they purchase and vice versa. Can’t see a way round this with a teen account but it is the same with a linked adult account?

My other choice is to set one adult account up in mum’s name linked to mine and both of them use that login with their respective payment cards. Mum is fine with this as my daughter is very sensible.

Am I missing a different way of doing it? And will we all be able to see each other’s purchases?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
You create a digital wallet linking all accounts, that’s the only think linking the accounts. You can’t see what each other order or view under your own account.
alankfc0211/12/2019 19:27

You create a digital wallet linking all accounts, that’s the only think l …You create a digital wallet linking all accounts, that’s the only think linking the accounts. You can’t see what each other order or view under your own account.

Thanks - but I think if it’s a teen account then you get sent every order to authorise. I suspect the only way round that is to give them an adult account to share under my mums name
deleted1447778
Are they both going to use prime video, if they share one account they won't have their own prime video account with their own watch status.
Edited by: "deleted1447778" 11th Dec 2019
deleted144777811/12/2019 21:23

Are they both going to use prime video, if they share one account they …Are they both going to use prime video, if they share one account they won't have their own prime video account with their own watch status.

No, neither of them will use prime video.
when I inquired with Amazon the other week about adding my son's onto the account so they could benefit from Prime Delivery I was informed.that I could only have one other adult on the account at the same address, and my children (16 and 14) wouldn't be able to access the prime benefits!!!

Nothing mentioned about Teenager accounts or anything!!
discobob12/12/2019 12:03

when I inquired with Amazon the other week about adding my son's onto the …when I inquired with Amazon the other week about adding my son's onto the account so they could benefit from Prime Delivery I was informed.that I could only have one other adult on the account at the same address, and my children (16 and 14) wouldn't be able to access the prime benefits!!!Nothing mentioned about Teenager accounts or anything!!

Yep I’ve just found out they only offer Teen accounts on Amazon.com not co.uk. Shame as they make a lot of sense!
on a side note I share my brothers amazon account and a VERY weird thing happened last week..I tried alexa for a few days( not overly impressed so stopped using) and at six pm one day i heard my brothers voice coming through my tablet as he said 'alexa, notifications'. !!!! is this normal? i quickly disabled my alexa as the thought of us listening to eachother ask alexa questions was/is terrifying..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions