Groups

sharing pc files with a laptop

Hi please could you tell me the easiest way to share my pc files and internet with my laptop,

I currently have a virgin media v+ box which runs into my pc (cabled by a virgin media router) I also have a Wii which would be handy if I could also set this up to the internet)

should I purchase a wireless router? and if so what one? and will the laptop still be able to see the files on my computer?

thanks in advance

cheers.

11 Comments

Hi,
    Sharing files and internet should be easy enough, firstly is your laptop already wireless capable / poss has a wireless card already?
    See this thread for suggested Wireless routers: ]Virgin Routers Just make sure they'll work with cable.
    Hope this helps.

Original Poster

Hi the link doesn't seem to be working for me,

Original Poster

my laptop has a Dell™ Wireless 1390 802.11b/g Mini-Card - Europe

Ok, sorry about the link: hotukdeals.com/ite…med
    just copy that and paste to a new page.
    Sounds like your laptop will be fine then.

Original Poster

thanks for your help.

Original Poster

Is there much difference between the svp TP-Link 54Mbps Wireless Router for £16.57 or the pc world Belkin F5D7230UK4 Wireless DSL Routers at £39.99. except for the price

If I was happy to spend the money the Belkin would be my choice, just cause they're a better known name to me and they have: "Warranty - Belkin Lifetime Warranty ".
    Other than that price would win me over

Banned

ring virgin and ask for a wireless router. They should send you one for free. wii and laptop can then connect wirelessly.

Original Poster

brilliant, first call ntl second call belkin, thanks for all your help.,

Banned

rosecaitlin;1478341

brilliant, first call ntl second call belkin, thanks for all your help.,

If Virgin DO sent out free wireless routers as suggested, then his advice is sound. Not sure where you get the "call Belkin" bit from?

Probably best not to get sarcastic when you are asking for help!

Original Poster

guv;1478359

If Virgin DO sent out free wireless routers as suggested, then his advice … If Virgin DO sent out free wireless routers as suggested, then his advice is sound. Not sure where you get the "call Belkin" bit from?Probably best not to get sarcastic when you are asking for help!

sorry call belkin was a mistype, I meant to type will get the belkin, I didn't mean to be sarcastic at all apologies if it came across that way. .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…35
      2. Xbox One S or Xbox One X89
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1328
      4. How to cancel Sky subscription22

See more discussions