Sharing ps4 plus with family

Found 7th Jun
Hi,

Can anyone help? I have a ps plus account on my ps4. My daughter wants to play Fortnite online in her own profile as her.

Is there a way to share my online account with her so she can play as herself or do we need to buy her her own subscription?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskPS4
14 Comments
Activate your account as primary, then anyone on that ps4 can play online, i think
Fortnite doesn’t require psn plus btw
Tried that but still asks for her to sign up with an email every time she true to log on.
Fortnite does not need psn plus to play online, as she wants to play online, you can create a new account for her, or she can play on yours. However you cant have 2 profiles on one account
Edited by: "shadowfall" 7th Jun
Do i need to sign her up with a different email address?
TheRatedSeller18 m ago

Fortnite doesn’t require psn plus btw

Doesn't it?
Snakeyes6461 h, 1 m ago

Doesn't it?

No, I don’t have psn plus and can play online perfectly
Xbox or ps4 neither needs to have a paid online account for fortnight it is truly a free game
TheRatedSeller45 m ago

No, I don’t have psn plus and can play online perfectly

Cool I didn't even realise that.
jonmmill3 h, 52 m ago

Tried that but still asks for her to sign up with an email every time she …Tried that but still asks for her to sign up with an email every time she true to log on.

When making users on a PlayStation 4. They need to have it linked to an email address to use online services. This would be to access the store, speak to friends and play games online.

If your daughter's account is a basic (guest) account on your system. Which doesn't have an email address tied too it. This would be the reason she can not access online services.

Log into her account and try access the store. If it asks for her to sign up or enter an email address. It's because of the above.

PlayStation plus is shared to everyone on the same console if the following is met.

The account with ps+ is set to primary on the console. This will share game licences as well as subscriptions to other users on the same system.
Edited by: "kos1c" 7th Jun
Create new user, then she can have her own profile. She will need just an email address to open one. When she play other games she will have her own trophies and achievements.
shadowfall15 h, 13 m ago

Activate your account as primary, then anyone on that ps4 can play online, …Activate your account as primary, then anyone on that ps4 can play online, i think

Wrong you need your account on her ps4 set as the primary and then sign in on your own ps4 and use as normal.
kos1c16 h, 14 m ago

When making users on a PlayStation 4. They need to have it linked to an …When making users on a PlayStation 4. They need to have it linked to an email address to use online services. This would be to access the store, speak to friends and play games online. If your daughter's account is a basic (guest) account on your system. Which doesn't have an email address tied too it. This would be the reason she can not access online services. Log into her account and try access the store. If it asks for her to sign up or enter an email address. It's because of the above. PlayStation plus is shared to everyone on the same console if the following is met. The account with ps+ is set to primary on the console. This will share game licences as well as subscriptions to other users on the same system.

This doesn't work for me - it used to work, but since I upgraded my hard drive, I have the primary account linked to PS+ but any other account it wont let me use online, pretty sure it specifically says only one account per membership.
Bigfootpete32 m ago

This doesn't work for me - it used to work, but since I upgraded my hard …This doesn't work for me - it used to work, but since I upgraded my hard drive, I have the primary account linked to PS+ but any other account it wont let me use online, pretty sure it specifically says only one account per membership.

Remove the primary setting and re enable it. Had this issue before, but that solved it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants