Sharing via messenger problem huawei 30 pro

Posted 22nd Mar
Hi everyone from a while I can't share links via messenger. Any ideas whats wrong?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Do you mean the copy link and then paste?

Its due to an android upgrade and its stupid
Edited by: "Douglas_Birks" 22nd Mar
I can paste and send links in messages on my p30 pro, and i have the latest 10.0.0.186 release, maybe a bit more detail may help narrow down the issue
Douglas_Birks22/03/2020 16:29

Do you mean the copy link and then paste?Its due to an android upgrade and …Do you mean the copy link and then paste?Its due to an android upgrade and its stupid

Yes exactly this kind of problem and only with messenger
a666andy22/03/2020 20:51

I can paste and send links in messages on my p30 pro, and i have the …I can paste and send links in messages on my p30 pro, and i have the latest 10.0.0.186 release, maybe a bit more detail may help narrow down the issue

When you click on a deal, you press the share tag and this pops up
40166040-G5MlK.jpgThere is no copy link (even if I scroll right it's not an option)
I'm on 10.0.0.180, I can send via messenger but say for an sms can't
Douglas_Birks23/03/2020 05:11

When you click on a deal, you press the share tag and this pops up [Image] …When you click on a deal, you press the share tag and this pops up [Image] There is no copy link (even if I scroll right it's not an option)I'm on 10.0.0.180, I can send via messenger but say for an sms can't

Now I'm really lost lol

Presuming this is the app you're both talking about, I just installed it and tried, if I select messages or WhatsApp it pastes the link into the message.

If you just want the link, from there you can select / highlight the link and you get the normal cut, copy, paste option pop up.

Worst case, click the dots in top right corner and open in browser and copy from the address bar?

Edit - just realised messenger is Facebook.... I don't use it but the above will work for copying the link if desperate.
Edited by: "a666andy" 23rd Mar
a666andy23/03/2020 06:40

Now I'm really lost lolPresuming this is the app you're both talking …Now I'm really lost lolPresuming this is the app you're both talking about, I just installed it and tried, if I select messages or WhatsApp it pastes the link into the message.If you just want the link, from there you can select / highlight the link and you get the normal cut, copy, paste option pop up.Worst case, click the dots in top right corner and open in browser and copy from the address bar?Edit - just realised messenger is Facebook.... I don't use it but the above will work for copying the link if desperate.

Yeah there is work around it, but it's annoying and worse than before... Do you have a copy link option on the same page as my screen shot
Douglas_Birks23/03/2020 07:35

Yeah there is work around it, but it's annoying and worse than before... …Yeah there is work around it, but it's annoying and worse than before... Do you have a copy link option on the same page as my screen shot

No copy link in the pop up window for me either. I only use the website on the phone so copy the address bar if sharing a link but then send via a message anyway.
Douglas_Birks23/03/2020 07:35

Yeah there is work around it, but it's annoying and worse than before... …Yeah there is work around it, but it's annoying and worse than before... Do you have a copy link option on the same page as my screen shot

OK quick look and on the play store is an app called copy link to clipboard, install that and you get a copy link option in the pop up box.

Hope that helps
a666andy23/03/2020 08:05

OK quick look and on the play store is an app called copy link to …OK quick look and on the play store is an app called copy link to clipboard, install that and you get a copy link option in the pop up box.Hope that helps

Will give it a try, thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants