Sharing Xbox Gold problems

Posted 22nd Dec 2019
Can anyone help or tell me where I’m going wrong?
I have two Xbox’s and I’m trying to share the gold onto my sons, I added my account onto his and made that my home Xbox and then did the same for his account on my Xbox.
Every-time he goes to play a game it keeps telling him to buy gold and won’t let any online games start.
I’m not sure whether I have done something wrong setting it up.
Any help would be great, thank you!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Try these steps worked for me sharing gold
This also might help,

Set 1 Xbox as the home Xbox and anyone can play on that Xbox without you needing to sign in, on the 2nd Xbox you log in as normal and you both can play same game at same time.
If they want to play on the non home Xbox then you need to be logged in.
Hope that makes sense.
englands2822/12/2019 12:31

Try these steps worked for me sharing gold

I tried these steps and It’s still not letting me, not sure what is going on unless they have changed something now.
On the second Xbox do I need my account to be signed in as well?
If your home box is downstairs you don’t need to log on for the kids to play, if you want to play with the kids and say your other box is upstairs you would need to go upstairs and sign in, they won’t be able to play upstairs against you downstairs. It has to be the other way around. That’s how mine is.
Just thought the other way they can play on the upstairs if for you to be signed in while they play upstairs. You can’t been signed in up and downstairs at the same time.
I have a similar problem - you can only be signed in on one XBox and regardless of whether it is your home or not if you are using one your son can't use Gold privileges on the other (or Gamepass for that matter). You can get a month of Gold for free if he hasn't already used the trial (or create a dummy GT to get a free month) - assuming that still works.
Don’t set the 2nd Xbox as his home leave it empty, he has to play on the console that has your home on it and you log onto the other xbox as normal..
Ar460rn22/12/2019 16:39

I have a similar problem - you can only be signed in on one XBox and …I have a similar problem - you can only be signed in on one XBox and regardless of whether it is your home or not if you are using one your son can't use Gold privileges on the other (or Gamepass for that matter). You can get a month of Gold for free if he hasn't already used the trial (or create a dummy GT to get a free month) - assuming that still works.

That’s wrong... I have my daughters Xbox as my home she uses my gold and game pass and I can log into either of my other xboxes with my account at the same time and share my gold and play together... it’s user error on your part..
If it's the same as playstation, I set my kids playstation as my home console. They can play all my ps plus games and online on that using their accounts. My second playstation isn't set up as anybody's home console. I can play online and my ps plus games on that but their accounts cannot. So my home console is used by them on their accounts, my second console is only used by me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions