Shark Pet Repair? North East England/Newcastle

Posted 23rd Oct
Have a 6 week old Shark Pet that was involved in an accident in the home (stairs) and having spoke to Shark, they only offer service on in warranty machines that are faulty not damaged.

Having asked around on local Facebook Groups in our area (Newcastle) we are unable to find anyone that can offer a repair. Basically the machine tumbled down the stairs by accident and the ball joint that connects the base to the upright has broken.

If anyone has a solution, as it's an expensive machine sitting there collecting dust ;-)
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Surely if it's sitting there collecting dust, it must still be working?
13 Comments
Argh nightmare. I would contact Shark again and see if you get put through to someone else. I called the other week after my 2 year old models cable got damaged after it sucked up the cable when I ran over it. I told them this and they still sent a replacement motor unit out. All I had to pay was delivery and it arrived 2 days later, I was very impressed. It was an American guy I spoke to. I’ll see if I can find the number incase you called a different one. Good luck
0800 862 0453
Surely if it's sitting there collecting dust, it must still be working?
MiniMissyMoo23/10/2019 07:20

Argh nightmare. I would contact Shark again and see if you get put through …Argh nightmare. I would contact Shark again and see if you get put through to someone else. I called the other week after my 2 year old models cable got damaged after it sucked up the cable when I ran over it. I told them this and they still sent a replacement motor unit out. All I had to pay was delivery and it arrived 2 days later, I was very impressed. It was an American guy I spoke to. I’ll see if I can find the number incase you called a different one. Good luck

I did the same last year ours was out of warranty when the motor went. Phoned Shark up and wasn't expecting much but they were great sent a new replacement out just paid the p&p had it in a couple of days very friendly and helpful company .
@gibblesuk Where did you buy it from?
Edited by: "Tjl694" 23rd Oct
furbars23/10/2019 08:53

I did the same last year ours was out of warranty when the motor went. …I did the same last year ours was out of warranty when the motor went. Phoned Shark up and wasn't expecting much but they were great sent a new replacement out just paid the p&p had it in a couple of days very friendly and helpful company .

I agree, I’ve always read they have good customer service but didn’t have to use it until then. They used to show adverts with a model falling down the stairs and surviving so the op could joke about that to them Hopefully they’ll get a replacement part if they call again.
Can you post a picture, just to understand the exact part required as I got my Pet repaired myself after sourcing the parts.
Phone again, don't mention the fall, say it's wear and tear!
AL1S0N23/10/2019 21:45

Phone again, don't mention the fall, say it's wear and tear!

Or call Very, they have a responsibility if an item they sold has broken so soon after buying
Such a responsive grateful op
Tjl69423/10/2019 22:33

Or call Very, they have a responsibility if an item they sold has broken …Or call Very, they have a responsibility if an item they sold has broken so soon after buying

Not for neglect where op let it fall down the stairs
If you can't source a broken part, electrical good such as vacuum cleaners are often made out of ABS plastic, which, in some cases can be welded back together and re-enforced using acetone, which dissolves ABS. Plastic castings are often marked on the inside to identify the plastic for recycling.

I recently repaired the joints in the neck of my turbo brush head on my 10 year old Samsung cylinder vac, which had snapped off in two places, using acetone and some putty I made from dissolving scrap ABS in acetone, it was a very thin plastic tube and unlikely adhesive would have held up to the abuse it gets. I've also used acetone to reattach the neck of a heavy desk fan a couple of times, the second time is was dropped it snapped off in a different place, and the first repair was still solid.
Edited by: "melted" 26th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants