Groups

sharwoods/Uncel Bens/Lloyd Grossmans

All there bottle sauces are awful, I don't expect there "Sweet and sour" to taste anything like it does in East Asia but at least let it be palatable.

I only stick to a few sauces now, I wish I had the time to make all the sauces for my meats/pastas/grains myself but I don't :-(

31 Comments

Pasta sauce is super quick to make ill pm you recipe if you like takes all of 5 minutes. I really dont like jarred sauces except for sweet and sour lol. I love sharwoods kung po, I cant make it myself but I find all the others taste awful

shame.

Banned

mmm i love the lloyd grossman ones

Original Poster

hunter82;4330348

Pasta sauce is super quick to make ill pm you recipe if you like takes … Pasta sauce is super quick to make ill pm you recipe if you like takes all of 5 minutes. I really dont like jarred sauces except for sweet and sour lol. I love sharwoods kung po, I cant make it myself but I find all the others taste awful

if you like thanks or even post ITT (in this thread)
    MinstrelMan;4330352

shame.

Shame: dishonor: bring shame or dishonor upon; "he dishonored his family by committing a serious crime"
    caraluvskittens;4330386

mmm i love the lloyd grossman ones

I expect alot of people on this forum who live by them and to be a staple in there diets. thankfully I got taste and standard, I reckon about 85% of people would not even be-able to distinguse between Japanese and Chinese food.

Sources? :?

Naeem786;4330419

Sources? :?

sources come in bottles, sauces come in jars :thumbsup:

BG1, you have only changed half your OP...............now change the other half .... :roll:

Job done :thumbsup:

All bottled sauces are gross and overpriced, i spend a day every now and then knocking up big pans full and freeze in little tubs. Some excellent sauce cookbooks out there cheap.

kungfu;4330503

All bottled sauces are gross and overpriced, i spend a day every now and … All bottled sauces are gross and overpriced, i spend a day every now and then knocking up big pans full and freeze in little tubs. Some excellent sauce cookbooks out there cheap.

yes....the internet.

Really easy basic tomato "source"

Fry an onion, a red pepper and some shrooms in a little olive oil, add a crushed garlic clove, some basil, a tin of chopped tomatoes and a carton of pasata... toss in cooked pasta...

cheap as chips and easy as pie

Original Poster

kungfu;4330503

All bottled sauces are gross and overpriced, i spend a day every now and … All bottled sauces are gross and overpriced, i spend a day every now and then knocking up big pans full and freeze in little tubs. Some excellent sauce cookbooks out there cheap.

hm might have to doo that, I'm using Pesto now,which is slightly better, cant beat home made sauces though.

'greed, most jarred sources are nasty.

However I do like Sharwood's 'Kung Po' source. It's good for stir fries.

Banned

''I expect alot of people on this forum who live by them and to be a staple in there diets. thankfully I got taste and standard, I reckon about 85% of people would not even be-able to distinguse between Japanese and Chinese food.''

Just because i like one jar of sauce doesnt mean i dont eat anything else and live by them!!!

Banned

shocking use of English ITT

ODB_69;4330591

shocking use of English ITT

Not sure who is worse.....

JFK - Stir FRIES
    BG1 - SOURCES

The winner is ..............

acecatcher3;4330518

yes....the internet.

the internet doesnt fit neatly on my cookbook shelf and isnt readable on the bog tho, and no way am i gonna start taking the laptop when i have a dump, thats a step too far imo

No One.
    Everyone loses.

A real simple one, chop and fry a large onion and 1 large clove of crushed garlic, stir in a little tom puree and add some mixed dried herbs, bung in some chopped tomatoes and about 1/2 pint of veg stock heat up then blend. Yummy. I make big batches too and freeze

kungfu;4330670

the internet doesnt fit neatly on my cookbook shelf and isnt readable on … the internet doesnt fit neatly on my cookbook shelf and isnt readable on the bog tho, and no way am i gonna start taking the laptop when i have a dump, thats a step too far imo

lol true!!

black gerbil1;4330407

I expect alot of people on this forum who live by them and to be a staple … I expect alot of people on this forum who live by them and to be a staple in there diets. thankfully I got taste and standard, I reckon about 85% of people would not even be-able to distinguse between Japanese and Chinese food.

But at least they can spell at an adult level

Original Poster

teambintip;4330854

But at least they can spell at an adult level

im guessing I was right then

black gerbil1;4330914

im guessing I was right then

I'm more concerned with reality than pretending to give a **** about pasta sauce

Original Poster

^touched a nerve I sea.

black gerbil1;4331160

^touched a nerve I sea.

Not sure what you mean, but then i have difficulty understanding a child's point of view so..........

BG1, has your xbox died as you have not been on for a while

teambintip;4331579

Not sure what you mean, but then i have difficulty understanding a … Not sure what you mean, but then i have difficulty understanding a child's point of view so..........

:w00t:

Original Poster

no strike, I just aint been on for so long, been busy mate

black gerbil1;4334755

no strike, I just aint been on for so long, been busy mate

cue the stain.............................................................................................................................................cue the stain

Banned

skusey;4336451

cue the … cue the stain.............................................................................................................................................cue the stain

Troll much?

ODB_69;4336585

Troll much?

not enough:thumbsup:
    lick much?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions