Shaving Cream Recommendations

Found 18th Nov 2017
Anyone got a recommendations? Currently I'm using "Dirty - Shave Creme by Lush" (£10.95 - 225ml tub). Been looking at the Taylors of Bond Street products on Amazon along with the Proraso brand options. Anyone got experience of either or being able to compare with the Lush product.

Many thanks in advance.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments
The shaving cream of Taylor's are decent but would recommend either of these -

mrporter.com/en-…v=2

aesop.com/uk/…ave

Aesop stuff is really good and I actually prefer the oil to cream these days.
This does it for me. Tried loads but this is really good stuff... I won't use any other now.
Maybe worth a shot for you.
Proraso Pre And Post Shave Cream
Original Poster
Rednirah3 h, 24 m ago

The shaving cream of Taylor's are decent but would recommend either of …The shaving cream of Taylor's are decent but would recommend either of these - https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/malin_and_goetz/vitamin-e-shaving-cream--250ml/529215?ppv=2https://www.aesop.com/uk/c/skin/shaveAesop stuff is really good and I actually prefer the oil to cream these days.

steve.t2 h, 48 m ago

This does it for me. Tried loads but this is really good stuff... I won't …This does it for me. Tried loads but this is really good stuff... I won't use any other now.Maybe worth a shot for you.Proraso Pre And Post Shave Cream

Many thanks for both your suggestions. On the Prorasa one, I had been looking at that one myself, mixed reviews about using it on it's own. Is it not meant to be used before using the Prorasa (or any other) shaving soap as another layer? The reviews I had been reading myself most all seem to use as just a base product, as do the instructions read, made me wonder if it could be used just on it's own like the Lush one I use.
cecilmcroberts31 m ago

Many thanks for both your suggestions. On the Prorasa one, I had been …Many thanks for both your suggestions. On the Prorasa one, I had been looking at that one myself, mixed reviews about using it on it's own. Is it not meant to be used before using the Prorasa (or any other) shaving soap as another layer? The reviews I had been reading myself most all seem to use as just a base product, as do the instructions read, made me wonder if it could be used just on it's own like the Lush one I use.

I use it for both shaving and then after shave balm.... works a treat. Massive saving if you can get hold of the 500g container.
Original Poster
steve.t17 m ago

I use it for both shaving and then after shave balm.... works a treat. …I use it for both shaving and then after shave balm.... works a treat. Massive saving if you can get hold of the 500g container.

Great, thanks for the reply. Amazon have the 100ml for £6.20 (sensitive skin version)
I'm a fan of Taylor of old bond Street.
Nuage shaving oil isn't bad at all if your away and want to travel light.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions