Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Top comments
Hardly a scam when point 1 in their terms explains how they work, point 2 describes how payment works, points 3-5 describe billing cycles and membership payments after free trials and further points after that advise how you may cancel.

They might not be the best institution out there but at least read the terms before you sign up to something!!
8 Comments
Hardly a scam when point 1 in their terms explains how they work, point 2 describes how payment works, points 3-5 describe billing cycles and membership payments after free trials and further points after that advise how you may cancel.

They might not be the best institution out there but at least read the terms before you sign up to something!!
T&c seem clear; nothing obviously hidden.
Scam or not, Paypal has good buyer protection. Worth trying to claim it back from them while explaining the situation.
unreality04/07/2020 01:28

Scam or not, Paypal has good buyer protection. Worth trying to claim it …Scam or not, Paypal has good buyer protection. Worth trying to claim it back from them while explaining the situation.

PayPal has two items of buyer protection: SNAD & INR, none of which would seem appropriate.
I don't see a scam. I just see forgetfulness....
I thing they make it quite clear I was looking at a trial but saw renewal price and decided no just in case I was forgetful or had trouble cancelling it waslot to pay.
"really wish I googled a bit before doing so."

That was the second thing to do. First thing; as others say; would be to check offer T's & C's before committing to anything. Especially a 'trial' offer. Shall we just chalk this one up to "leaping before looking" QCSF?

You're not the first and certainly won't be the last to do this so don't beat yourself up about it. I take it when you say you've Emailed your 'situation' to them, you mean you're trying to get a refund? I guess; from Shaw's POV; they've fulfilled the contract you signed up to. Why not then do the course you intended to do? I know you didn't want to pay but you have now, so get your money's worth..

Of course, if you do manage to get a refund then please let us know. It's good to hear a happy ending.
@QCSF what was the timeframe between you setting up the PayPal debit permission to the date SA took the first debit?
Post a comment
@
    Text