Shenmue 3 question ??

Posted 28th Dec 2019
when selling my herbs to the guy in shop (tao something) you can see the amount then it just vanishes and I'm back to the start (whatever i went in with)
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
What vanishes? The herbs? The money?

Are you selling a full set? You can't sell them individually. Go to sell, then press herbs, then highlight/go to a full set, then press right on to another section of the menu and it shows some bottles. Select the one that you want to sell (the one with the most valueobviously), then press Triangle and it will ask you to confirm. Then press the arrow to yes. Very convoluted.
Are you pressing the correct button?
How much do you want for them?
ra78629/12/2019 04:29

What vanishes? The herbs? The money?Are you selling a full set? You can't …What vanishes? The herbs? The money?Are you selling a full set? You can't sell them individually. Go to sell, then press herbs, then highlight/go to a full set, then press right on to another section of the menu and it shows some bottles. Select the one that you want to sell (the one with the most valueobviously), then press Triangle and it will ask you to confirm. Then press the arrow to yes. Very convoluted.

Ah right yeah i figured this out after putting up this question. When selling individual herbs i would see the money go up by 9 yaun then default back to whatever i had going in. Then as soon as i started selling them as bottles the money thank god stayed.

Managed to buy the bottle of wine for that old geezer. 2000 yuan was tough and had many saves and loades because the fortune women who tells u what colour to bet on isnt always right. Currently on the 2nd city now and currently looking for red guys (whatever thier called lol) thanks for your help anyway
jco8329/12/2019 14:19

Are you pressing the correct button?

Yep
machomansavage30/12/2019 12:15

Ah right yeah i figured this out after putting up this question. When …Ah right yeah i figured this out after putting up this question. When selling individual herbs i would see the money go up by 9 yaun then default back to whatever i had going in. Then as soon as i started selling them as bottles the money thank god stayed. Managed to buy the bottle of wine for that old geezer. 2000 yuan was tough and had many saves and loades because the fortune women who tells u what colour to bet on isnt always right. Currently on the 2nd city now and currently looking for red guys (whatever thier called lol) thanks for your help anyway

I've just got to second city too. What a game! I made loads of money on bird wind earth moon. The fortune woman trick seems to work better early in the morning.

I'm really loving it though.
Edited by: "ra786" 30th Dec 2019
Anyone playing it on an OG PS4? Mine has never made so much noise from running any other game! Worryingly noisy
ra78630/12/2019 15:35

I've just got to second city too. What a game! I made loads of money on …I've just got to second city too. What a game! I made loads of money on bird wind earth moon. The fortune woman trick seems to work better early in the morning. I'm really loving it though.

I know right! I found that I lost my luck with bird wind earth moon. Regardless of me seeing the fortune teller. I played the tortoise racing instead after seeing the fortune tellerand had much better luck with that.
I was able to buy that 5,000 yaun book then. What confuses me about that though wasn't that the same exact move that old man shower u in Beilu Village?
Edited by: "machomansavage" 2nd Jan
machomansavage02/01/2020 17:07

I know right! I found that I lost my luck with bird wind earth moon. …I know right! I found that I lost my luck with bird wind earth moon. Regardless of me seeing the fortune teller. I played the tortoise racing instead after seeing the fortune tellerand had much better luck with that. I was able to buy that 5,000 yaun book then. What confuses me about that though wasn't that the same exact move that old man shower u in Beilu Village?

You must be further ahead than me, because I haven't got a clue what you're talking about! After waiting nearly 20 years, I'm taking my time. I earned so much money in Bailu, I've been buying all the move scrolls in Niawouand maxing them out before proceeding with story.

Anyway, I've come across a ridiculously easy way to make money, no gambling involved:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boa…518

Do that exactly and you'll end up with more money than you'll know what to do with very qucikly.

Now that you mention it though, that's at least two occaisions then where you need rather large sums of money, relatively to proceed with the game. This happened in the previous games too but it was nowhere near this amount. You could just job it out. Here you've got to use mad tricks
Edited by: "ra786" 2nd Jan
ra78602/01/2020 18:31

You must be further ahead than me, because I haven't got a clue what …You must be further ahead than me, because I haven't got a clue what you're talking about! After waiting nearly 20 years, I'm taking my time. I earned so much money in Bailu, I've been buying all the move scrolls in Niawouand maxing them out before proceeding with story. Anyway, I've come across a ridiculously easy way to make money, no gambling involved:https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168657-shenmue-iii/78201518Do that exactly and you'll end up with more money than you'll know what to do with very qucikly.Now that you mention it though, that's at least two occaisions then where you need rather large sums of money, relatively to proceed with the game. This happened in the previous games too but it was nowhere near this amount. You could just job it out. Here you've got to use mad tricks

Wow thats incredible! Thank you. Wasn't gonna replay it but now I've seen this I might well do so. Apologise for my last comment it sounded as tho u were a little further with the game. That's incredible technique tho. Does it still work or has it been patched?

Or hardest part for me was grinding all your moves lol

I really want shenmue 4. The series so far is such an addictive series

Can u make that sort of money in Bailu too? only that link just mentiones the second part of the game
Edited by: "machomansavage" 2nd Jan
machomansavage02/01/2020 21:02

Wow thats incredible! Thank you. Wasn't gonna replay it but now I've seen …Wow thats incredible! Thank you. Wasn't gonna replay it but now I've seen this I might well do so. Apologise for my last comment it sounded as tho u were a little further with the game. That's incredible technique tho. Does it still work or has it been patched?Or hardest part for me was grinding all your moves lolI really want shenmue 4. The series so far is such an addictive seriesCan u make that sort of money in Bailu too? only that link just mentiones the second part of the game

It still works. I did it last night. I think they may well have left that in intentionally.

There isn't an easy way to make money in Bailu though. You've just got to do the fortune teller/gambling trick. What I did was save/reload after every major win or loss. There is a way to optimise token/to money ratio if you buy and sell specific items on specific days.

Smoky Crystal - 860 - 85 - 9.88% - 0.0988372093

Purple Crystal - 2580 - 255 - 9.88% - 0.0988372093

Iron Kettle - 870 - 85 - 9.77% - 0.09770114943

Teapot - 350 - 34 - 9.71% - 0.09714285714

Basically exchange for the items when they are closest to those prices (the first figure). Got that from Reddit of all places.

No need to apologise by the way, I had a feeling you needed more money at some further point in the game anyway.

But yes. I am more confident that there will be a Shenmue 4 than I was of there being a Shenmue 3. But I hope it's sooner rather than later, otherwise it will just drift off into obscurity again.
Edited by: "ra786" 3rd Jan
jco8330/12/2019 18:46

Anyone playing it on an OG PS4? Mine has never made so much noise from …Anyone playing it on an OG PS4? Mine has never made so much noise from running any other game! Worryingly noisy

I am. And it does make a more noticeable noise. I never really understood why everyone complained about PS4 noise because I'd honestly not experienced it until this game. But I play a lot of older games on older machines anyway. I quite enjoy the noise!
Edited by: "ra786" 3rd Jan
ra78602/01/2020 18:31

You must be further ahead than me, because I haven't got a clue what …You must be further ahead than me, because I haven't got a clue what you're talking about! After waiting nearly 20 years, I'm taking my time. I earned so much money in Bailu, I've been buying all the move scrolls in Niawouand maxing them out before proceeding with story. Anyway, I've come across a ridiculously easy way to make money, no gambling involved:https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168657-shenmue-iii/78201518Do that exactly and you'll end up with more money than you'll know what to do with very qucikly.Now that you mention it though, that's at least two occaisions then where you need rather large sums of money, relatively to proceed with the game. This happened in the previous games too but it was nowhere near this amount. You could just job it out. Here you've got to use mad tricks

How did u make so much money on bailu? Thought this trick only worked for 2nd part of game?
machomansavage08/01/2020 07:19

How did u make so much money on bailu? Thought this trick only worked for …How did u make so much money on bailu? Thought this trick only worked for 2nd part of game?

The book trick does only work in the second part of the game. I've been using it a lot. Just buying a 100 books of each every in game day nets you 12,000 Yuan. Takes about 5 minutes to do. I'm at over 100,000 Yuan.

I keep just buying everything from every shop for a laugh!

The only way I made so much money in Bailu was just the fortune teller/gambling technique. Went to the fortune teller, then went to the gambling stand in the same area, and did earth wind bird moon. Over and over again. The first go was usually always a win. The trick is not to to do a continuous run. For example, if lucky colour is yellow, bet on yellow, win and then stop. If the geezer says "how about another game" or whatever, pick no. Then play again.

If I felt brave enough to do a longer run, I'd save first in case of a big loss.

Then when it gets to about midday, Go back to the fortune teller and get another reading. Then go to the other gambling stand (the one with the camp guy) and do the same thing. The stand with the camp guy pays put more.

But anyway, playing once and stopping and then playing again immediately after seemed to be the winning formula for me. I spent about 2 in game days doing this (it got quite addictive)! And then when exchanging the tokens, there's only a handful of items that have a good resale value.

And I just got up to the bit learning the reverse body check. From what I'm getting, the move you learned in Bailu was the Body Check. This is the Reverse Body Check. They are in fact two distinct moves. But I think in terms of dramatic effect, they both look and perform so bloody similar, they should have gone with some other technique. They are both real life Bajiquan techniques apparently.
Edited by: "ra786" 8th Jan
ra78608/01/2020 09:45

The book trick does only work in the second part of the game. I've been …The book trick does only work in the second part of the game. I've been using it a lot. Just buying a 100 books of each every in game day nets you 12,000 Yuan. Takes about 5 minutes to do. I'm at over 100,000 Yuan. I keep just buying everything from every shop for a laugh!The only way I made so much money in Bailu was just the fortune teller/gambling technique. Went to the fortune teller, then went to the gambling stand in the same area, and did earth wind bird moon. Over and over again. The first go was usually always a win. The trick is not to to do a continuous run. For example, if lucky colour is yellow, bet on yellow, win and then stop. If the geezer says "how about another game" or whatever, pick no. Then play again. If I felt brave enough to do a longer run, I'd save first in case of a big loss. Then when it gets to about midday, Go back to the fortune teller and get another reading. Then go to the other gambling stand (the one with the camp guy) and do the same thing. The stand with the camp guy pays put more.But anyway, playing once and stopping and then playing again immediately after seemed to be the winning formula for me. I spent about 2 in game days doing this (it got quite addictive)! And then when exchanging the tokens, there's only a handful of items that have a good resale value.And I just got up to the bit learning the reverse body check. From what I'm getting, the move you learned in Bailu was the Body Check. This is the Reverse Body Check. They are in fact two distinct moves. But I think in terms of dramatic effect, they both look and perform so bloody similar, they should have gone with some other technique. They are both real life Bajiquan techniques apparently.

First of all thanks ever so much for the book selling thing u posted the other day. When I done my 2nd run it really helped me get the money prior to coming to purchase that reverse body check book. Because before that I was SAVE scamming and seeing the fortune teller and just hoping for the best

wish I had known about this first time round. Other day I completely forgot about going to see Mr Hsu because when I was going to the grandmaster he kept saying "I had to work on my kung fu" so I wasted a bit of time there.

Where is the camp guy located in Bailu? He he the one in joy park? Reason I ask is only because the only one I was going to was the one next to thefortune teller in Bailu
Edited by: "machomansavage" 9th Jan
machomansavage09/01/2020 16:27

First of all thanks ever so much for the book selling thing u posted the …First of all thanks ever so much for the book selling thing u posted the other day. When I done my 2nd run it really helped me get the money prior to coming to purchase that reverse body check book. Because before that I was SAVE scamming and seeing the fortune teller and just hoping for the bestwish I had known about this first time round. Other day I completely forgot about going to see Mr Hsu because when I was going to the grandmaster he kept saying "I had to work on my kung fu" so I wasted a bit of time there. Where is the camp guy located in Bailu? He he the one in joy park? Reason I ask is only because the only one I was going to was the one next to thefortune teller in Bailu

Yes, the one in Joy Park. He's not always there though for some reason. Usually there after 12ish or 3ish.

It was funny for me because when the 5000 Yuan bit came, I was loaded but deliberately didn't buy it straight away so I don't miss out on any cutscenes/converstions. It was odd hearing everyone giving me advice on how to make money when I had it coming out of my bottom!

Tell you you what is a bit annoying though, some of the sidequests just did not trigger for me no matter what. I ended up just pushing ahead in the end.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions