Shipping a monitor to Germany - all seem to exclude monitors :(

Posted 2nd Sep 2020
Morning,
I am trying to ship a damaged monitor back to Amazon Germany.
Every courier / broker seems to exclude monitors on a no compensation basis, even if it simply goes missing in transit.
Given the monitor was £300, I don't want to risk it another way.

Does anybody know of any couriers that accept monitor liability?

Really annoying as it is fully boxed, already has slight screen damage etc but if it "went missing" then they wouldn't pay a penny
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Message amazon and ask them?
justanothercid02/09/2020 11:48

Message amazon and ask them?

I fear this will be my plan.

I have found a couple now that will pay out if it simply goes missing. I think that will be acceptable since it is already slightly damaged on the screen.
About £24 delivered for transglobalexpress and £31 with parcel2go (never used either of them though).

Thanks
DHL, UPS, DPD ?

I’ve used transglobal, but I can’t remember if this was the company who lost the parcel, or it just took for ever to get there, and it turns out the buyer had to collect it from the depot
ipostparcels used to allow sending glass items, and tv/monitors up to a certain size as I was in the same boat. However just checked and it looks like DHL have bought them out. Parcelforce might be an option.

I remember persuading Amazon (uk) to arrange a return of a large roof box, ended up having to pay them to collect it but was only charged £3 (would have cost a lot more) plus if it broke they'd have to sort it out. I would get on chat on the de site..
What monitor is worth this trouble please?
Mendoza02/09/2020 12:15

DHL, UPS, DPD ?I’ve used transglobal, but I can’t remember if this was the …DHL, UPS, DPD ?I’ve used transglobal, but I can’t remember if this was the company who lost the parcel, or it just took for ever to get there, and it turns out the buyer had to collect it from the depot

Transglobal use UPS and DPD.

DPD say no to monitors full stop
DHL not showing via brokers.

Amazon are going to return my postage cost so as long as it is reasonable (e.g. £25) then I guess I should be ok. I always get confirmation in chat before proceeding so that I have written proof in case they backtrack.
splatsplatsplat02/09/2020 12:28

ipostparcels used to allow sending glass items, and tv/monitors up to a …ipostparcels used to allow sending glass items, and tv/monitors up to a certain size as I was in the same boat. However just checked and it looks like DHL have bought them out. Parcelforce might be an option.I remember persuading Amazon (uk) to arrange a return of a large roof box, ended up having to pay them to collect it but was only charged £3 (would have cost a lot more) plus if it broke they'd have to sort it out. I would get on chat on the de site..

Parcelforce want £70 to post it to Germany.
I have persuaded Amazon to sort collection before for a Keter storage shed that was way too big as it was missing the screws.
I will chat with them again now I have found something reasonable.
Jump_Out_Gang02/09/2020 12:28

What monitor is worth this trouble please?

34" ultrawide which makes it both expensive and large.
Isobella_02/09/2020 12:31

34" ultrawide which makes it both expensive and large.

Oh wow, hope you got your asking price
Isobella_02/09/2020 11:54

I fear this will be my plan.I have found a couple now that will pay out if …I fear this will be my plan.I have found a couple now that will pay out if it simply goes missing. I think that will be acceptable since it is already slightly damaged on the screen.About £24 delivered for transglobalexpress and £31 with parcel2go (never used either of them though).Thanks

Parcel2go use all major courier so that'll be fine.

I think Transglobal is Denzils new van.
Edited by: "JmehNottsCountyFC" 2nd Sep
Jump_Out_Gang02/09/2020 12:33

Oh wow, hope you got your asking price

It's being returned to amazon, I haven't sold it
I sent a fishing bag to germany and used Hermes fine, and a box to america which was the cheapest method, If you cant get amazon to send a courier to you. I'd use hermes and just package it extremely well.
splatsplatsplat02/09/2020 13:49

I sent a fishing bag to germany and used Hermes fine, and a box to america …I sent a fishing bag to germany and used Hermes fine, and a box to america which was the cheapest method, If you cant get amazon to send a courier to you. I'd use hermes and just package it extremely well.

Too big for hermes
We will speak to amazon after work.
Post a comment
@
    Text