Shipping a valuable Mobile Phone abroad... help

5 replies
Found 8th Nov 2009
Anyone have any advice on sending a phone to Malta (worth ~ £350.00) I had looked at RM International signed for (£500.00 comp) but they have a clause where a maximum payout for Moby's is £39.00 so that's out.

Any suggestions would be v much appreciated

Thanks Zerm

5 Comments

Tell them it is a computer part, a gpx card and NOT a phone, insure it for what the phone is worth. If you tell them it's a phone, and they loose it, you get £39. If you tell them it is a graphics card and they loose it, you get £350, or £500 if you tell them it's worth £500...I don't see the problem. They aren't going to loose it, and if they do, you will get compensation. Why can they decide what the value is and what they will pay out depending on the item?

FTR: I have done this quite a few times (different items), with only one "lost in transit" to Germany, and that time it was actually cash, yes cash that I sent. That package did actually get lost (what did I expect!) but I insured it for £380, and after filling out a form, I think I had to email and phone as well, and about 4 months, I got the £380 back...A bit of hassle, but better than £39 if I told them I posted a mobile phone

rehydrated;6818733

Tell them it is a computer part, a gpx card and NOT a phone, insure it … Tell them it is a computer part, a gpx card and NOT a phone, insure it for what the phone is worth. If you tell them it's a phone, and they loose it, you get £39. If you tell them it is a graphics card and they loose it, you get £350, or £500 if you tell them it's worth £500...I don't see the problem. They aren't going to loose it, and if they do, you will get compensation. Why can they decide what the value is and what they will pay out depending on the item?

yep-just tell a fib about the contents-if it arrives safe fine,if they lose it you can claim full value-they cant prove what the package contained if they lose it can they?

I refuse to send to places which don't have airsure.

Original Poster

Cheers :thumbsup: Repped

Would I not have to proove though, what it actually was ?

safer to courier it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is it illegal to sell train tickets?22
    2. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...22
    3. Wuntu - Three (3) Cinema Vouchers Please?11
    4. Ripped off from local garage. Suggestions please.1832

See more discussions