shipping cost - send game from england to scotland

Other than actually going to the post office, what is the best way to know the cost of sending a game CD from from manchester to aberdeen?

17 Comments

post office website

same as to send in england

It's a £1 using the post office.

Original Poster

Thanks. I was hoping that someone who has sent one recently can share the price. I assume i will need to send in bubble wrap envelope.

Scotland is in the uk same price as if you sent it to your mate down the road.

As Aberdeen is mainland it'll be the same as local postage. If you know measurements and weight of your parcel/package you can the prices on Royal mail website. Never had any issues myself that calculations weren't right.

Munnypenny

As Aberdeen is mainland it'll be the same as local postage. If you know … As Aberdeen is mainland it'll be the same as local postage. If you know measurements and weight of your parcel/package you can the prices on Royal mail website. Never had any issues myself that calculations weren't right.

Had one refused because it was 0.1% overweight once (2.002KG), but the P.O. woman who refused it is a complete **** (bottom, in case **** gets censored)..

Gentle_Giant

Had one refused because it was 0.1% overweight once (2.002KG), but the … Had one refused because it was 0.1% overweight once (2.002KG), but the P.O. woman who refused it is a complete **** (bottom, in case **** gets censored)..

​I think you'll find it's you who is the **** for thinking the rules don't apply to you.

Lol. I can't believe some of the questions on here.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone

Gentle_Giant

Had one refused because it was 0.1% overweight once (2.002KG), but the … Had one refused because it was 0.1% overweight once (2.002KG), but the P.O. woman who refused it is a complete **** (bottom, in case **** gets censored)..

And what's wrong with that? Why should you be exempt to the rules?

ipswich78

And what's wrong with that? Why should you be exempt to the rules?

You really think the calibration on an old set of PO scales is that good??

On my new digital scales the parcel weighed 1.95KG.

Think it's a bit extra for Pony Express. X)

Gentle_Giant

You really think the calibration on an old set of PO scales is that … You really think the calibration on an old set of PO scales is that good??On my new digital scales the parcel weighed 1.95KG.

I'd imagine their commercial grade scales are more accurate than your £14.99 set from Argos.

ipswich78

I'd imagine their commercial grade scales are more accurate than your … I'd imagine their commercial grade scales are more accurate than your £14.99 set from Argos.

Scales, at any price, are only as good as their calibration. I have to send my gear off for a certified calibration every year, no sticker on the PO scales saying when the last was done, or when the next was due - I checked all three sets.

0.1% is well inside the min-max error readings for anything other than scientific equipment.
I took it to another PO and their scales read it as 1.97KG.

Gentle_Giant

Scales, at any price, are only as good as their calibration. I have to … Scales, at any price, are only as good as their calibration. I have to send my gear off for a certified calibration every year, no sticker on the PO scales saying when the last was done, or when the next was due - I checked all three sets.0.1% is well inside the min-max error readings for anything other than scientific equipment.I took it to another PO and their scales read it as 1.97KG.

All joking aside I do genuinely see your point. But you could easily argue that either one was over / under. I'm sure you understand why they have to be 'strict' on the break points.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
    2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
    3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions