Shipping item from China to UK

Found 15th Aug 2017
Ok, this is a bit beyond me, but my dad needs a large 300kg mechanical item shipping from China 2.5*1.2*0.9Mh. I've got in touch with the company direct for prices. They have advised they will only ship to a UK port and I will need to sort the rest.

So, can anyone advise exactly how this works. My dad does have equipment large enough to pickup/collect item but I guess it may be more cost effective to sort out a company to transport it, but what about customs etc and what would be the closest port to the Midlands area.

Can anyone give me any advice, I have no idea when it involves shipping huge items from China.
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
would suggest you employ a clearance agent such as transglobal who can arrange clearance and onward shipping to you/or your father
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 15th Aug 2017
Original Poster
Thanks, I'm waiting for the company to provide a CNF price and then I guess it's contacting a range of shipping places to get it from possibly Felixstowe to my dad.
Try jpshipping.co.uk/ I've used them to ship barrels and large items to the caribbean but they operate worldwide. They're trust worthy and offer a great servce.

Alternatively, DHL ship from china to the UK but they're unlikely to be cheap.
Otherwise, you may need a 'freight forwarder'
Edited by: "ninp" 15th Aug 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions