Shipping phone from Hong Kong - DHL or EMS?

Hi guys,

Want to order a phone from Hong Kong (Xiaomi) and have a choice between DHL, EMS and Registered Airmail, but that can take up to 30 business days which is too long for my liking. Weirdly enough DHL ships faster but is cheaper than EMS:

DHL (3-5 Business Days) GBP 5.05
EMS (7-15 Business Days) GBP 12.99

Read somewhere that DHL can be more costly in the long run. Anyone have any experience or advice that can help me make a decision?

Thanks

7 Comments

I ordered some fairly expensive 3d curtains that were shipped with DHL from China, the delivery was pretty fast, didn't have any issues with them at all

Who is the dealer? I order a lot of tech goods from HK/China. Usually use their standard free delivery.
The only time I didnt (paid extra for either UPS or DHL), I got hammered with tax!

machofairy

Who is the dealer? I order a lot of tech goods from HK/China. Usually … Who is the dealer? I order a lot of tech goods from HK/China. Usually use their standard free delivery. The only time I didnt (paid extra for either UPS or DHL), I got hammered with tax!

​+1

Original Poster

machofairy

Who is the dealer? I order a lot of tech goods from HK/China. Usually … Who is the dealer? I order a lot of tech goods from HK/China. Usually use their standard free delivery. The only time I didnt (paid extra for either UPS or DHL), I got hammered with tax!

I'm not sure actually. It's the Redmi note 3 --> geekbuying.com/ite…tml

If you use a carrier you will get hit for import tax and VAT and they have to declare at the port of entry (and their fee's for paying it on your behalf).
If you want to avoid that it needs to be sent post.

machofairy

​+2

Original Poster

psmith1958

​+2

Seems like ordering directly with them is a good shout?
Not sure who the dealer is though
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions