Shocking boots staff member!

Found 19th Jan
I was at boots today with both my daughters sitting in a pram. And a member of staff was stocking up at the time and dropped a gift box on my baby who was thankfully ok. But the lady just picked the box up and carried on stocking up! Didn't even apologise. I was shocked and didn't know how to react at the time.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments
In b4 OP sun article with a sad face and a witch hunt for the member of staff just trying to get by.
33097282-3hMRp.jpg
I was shocked and didn't know how to react at the time.

Well you must have calmed down and posted it on here then. SO WHERE WERE YOU when she dropped the box on your kid? You can't have been close enough or paying attention or you would have stopped it no?
needmoresleep3 m ago

I'll write an email to customer services, see what comes of it. Thank you …I'll write an email to customer services, see what comes of it. Thank you to all those that still have humanity left within them x

If you were not bothered enough to comment at the time, & your child was not hurt (then) &, obviously, has not exhibited any worrying aspects since the incident (or else I am sure you would have mentioned it), just move on.

If it helps, I am sorry you felt the need to complain to us first before approaching Boots in the first instance.
80 Comments
Omg
I was shocked and didn't know how to react at the time.

Well you must have calmed down and posted it on here then. SO WHERE WERE YOU when she dropped the box on your kid? You can't have been close enough or paying attention or you would have stopped it no?
Graham19796 m ago

I was shocked and didn't know how to react at the time.Well you must have …I was shocked and didn't know how to react at the time.Well you must have calmed down and posted it on here then. SO WHERE WERE YOU when she dropped the box on your kid? You can't have been close enough or paying attention or you would have stopped it no?

How can you stop a box falling? She was probably standing behind the pushchair so obviously not close enough to stop it touching the child.
Original Poster
This was in the afternoon and honestly I just didn't know what to say or do at the time, I'm not very confrontational. But because my baby didn't seem fussed by it at all so let it go but thinking of it now I wish I complained about that member of staff. An apology or even checking to see my baby was ok would have been appreciated
33097282-3hMRp.jpg
Why was the pram right next to someone who is stocking up shelves? I would’ve had the pram facing the other way at arms length if I was looking at items in that area
needmoresleep12 m ago

This was in the afternoon and honestly I just didn't know what to say or …This was in the afternoon and honestly I just didn't know what to say or do at the time, I'm not very confrontational. But because my baby didn't seem fussed by it at all so let it go but thinking of it now I wish I complained about that member of staff. An apology or even checking to see my baby was ok would have been appreciated

So write them an email.
Edited by: "MSK." 19th Jan
Original Poster
I was standing checking products next to the double pram. The isles are narrow so have no choice on how to position the pram. And the lady walked up from behind me with a stack of boxes and the top one fell on my baby as she was walking past us.
You need to be more like:-

Yeah I think an apology was in order op. I would be devastated if I dropped something on a child. Pleased your baby was alright.
sounds like the person didn't see it hit the child, I think 95% of people would panic if they saw something hit a baby.
In b4 OP sun article with a sad face and a witch hunt for the member of staff just trying to get by.
Did she see the item hit your baby, if it’s like most boots today it will have been like a football match if she dropped it and it fell in the floor she might not have seen it. Any decent people would have said something if they thought it had happened, guessing she didn’t notice. But as long as your baby is ok then that’s all that matters, they didn’t seemed fussed so guessing they wereok. Write an email or call the manager but they will only say sorry won’t be able to even find out who was doing the putting stock out as there was probably multiple people doing it.
Kids should have been at school, mother should have been cooking the dinner. would never have happened.
Edited by: "OldEnglish" 19th Jan
It was busy in my local Boots this afternoon as people were picking up loads of items that were reduced and not paying attention to who was standing next to them.
summerof764 m ago

It was busy in my local Boots this afternoon as people were picking up …It was busy in my local Boots this afternoon as people were picking up loads of items that were reduced and not paying attention to who was standing next to them.

Did you get hit by a box?
OldEnglish6 m ago

I ducked as some people had armfuls of reduced stuff
Why were you sitting in a pram?
Haha. Thats pretty funny actually
summerof7616 m ago

I ducked as some people had armfuls of reduced stuff

Did you get any bargains ?.
OldEnglish30 m ago

In the box maybe.
Original Poster
I'll write an email to customer services, see what comes of it. Thank you to all those that still have humanity left within them x
needmoresleep3 m ago

I'll write an email to customer services, see what comes of it. Thank you …I'll write an email to customer services, see what comes of it. Thank you to all those that still have humanity left within them x

If you were not bothered enough to comment at the time, & your child was not hurt (then) &, obviously, has not exhibited any worrying aspects since the incident (or else I am sure you would have mentioned it), just move on.

If it helps, I am sorry you felt the need to complain to us first before approaching Boots in the first instance.
needmoresleep3 m ago

You're welcome.
Original Poster
fanpages8 m ago

Oh look another comment removed.I meant my first response; not everybody …Oh look another comment removed.I meant my first response; not everybody cares about your child as much as you do.Please note that, or you are going to be sadly disappointed in humanity on a regular basis.

Simmer down, it's not me that's removing them. I don't personally care what you say, it's you opinion which your entitled to.
eslick55 m ago

Did she see the item hit your baby, if it’s like most boots today it will h …Did she see the item hit your baby, if it’s like most boots today it will have been like a football match if she dropped it and it fell in the floor she might not have seen it. Any decent people would have said something if they thought it had happened, guessing she didn’t notice. But as long as your baby is ok then that’s all that matters, they didn’t seemed fussed so guessing they wereok. Write an email or call the manager but they will only say sorry won’t be able to even find out who was doing the putting stock out as there was probably multiple people doing it.

They will be able to find out as it will be recorded on cctv (most of the shop floor is covered by cctv, and recordings are kept for a period of days). They will hopefully be able to see if your baby was hit and whether the worker saw this. If they saw this happen they deserve discipline, if they didn't see this happen (they were unsighted for example) in sure they will be distraught. Whatever happens, Boots need to carry out a risk assessment for shelf filling whilst the store is open. Perhaps contact Health and safety executive , you will be more careful in future (I'm not blaming you, but anyone would avoid putting their children in harm's way) but the next baby may not be so lucky.

Whatever you decide, you must contact Boots so this doesn't happen again.
needmoresleep32 m ago

What are you expecting/hoping to come from it?
groenleader40 m ago

Maybe have been eastern european, they tend to be short about things.

All this thread was lacking was some casual racism. Thead is now complete.
Original Poster
g8spur3 m ago

What are you expecting/hoping to come from it? All this thread was …What are you expecting/hoping to come from it? All this thread was lacking was some casual racism. Thead is now complete.

For them to be more careful in future and train staff to be more friendly
mrty2 h, 3 m ago

They will be able to find out as it will be recorded on cctv (most of the …They will be able to find out as it will be recorded on cctv (most of the shop floor is covered by cctv, and recordings are kept for a period of days). They will hopefully be able to see if your baby was hit and whether the worker saw this. If they saw this happen they deserve discipline, if they didn't see this happen (they were unsighted for example) in sure they will be distraught. Whatever happens, Boots need to carry out a risk assessment for shelf filling whilst the store is open. Perhaps contact Health and safety executive , you will be more careful in future (I'm not blaming you, but anyone would avoid putting their children in harm's way) but the next baby may not be so lucky. Whatever you decide, you must contact Boots so this doesn't happen again.

This is all a bit OTT, babies fine, didn't even care judging by the posts and its pretty much impossible to stop a random occurrence being repeated during the next blue moon. I mean seriously what do you expect all staff to stop working when a baby is near and babies having to wear hard hats in Boots.

Just move on with your life.
Edited by: "catbeans" 19th Jan
needmoresleep11 m ago

For them to be more careful in future and train staff to be more friendly

I think everyone could do with being more careful and friendly, the times I've had my heel trapped from behind by a pushchair, then don't even get a sorry, just a glare
For all the talk about “snowflakes” in misc as of late and many others in here accusing the OP of overreacting, I’ve got to say, the OP seems to be the one who isn’t overreacting compared to many people in here who are victim blaming and acting as if the OP has said they want compo. They haven’t even said that. They want an apology.

The claims that the OP “wasn’t bothered” to react at the time are pretty silly too considering they said they were shocked at the time and didn’t know how to react. Not everyone is confrontational and not everyone has the confidence to pull someone up on things.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 19th Jan
Original Poster
airfix8 m ago

I think everyone could do with being more careful and friendly, the times …I think everyone could do with being more careful and friendly, the times I've had my heel trapped from behind by a pushchair, then don't even get a sorry, just a glare

It's happened to me many times, I feel your pain
Biddy28 m ago

For all the talk about “snowflakes” in misc as of late and many others in h …For all the talk about “snowflakes” in misc as of late and many others in here accusing the OP of overreacting, I’ve got to say, the OP seems to be the one who isn’t overreacting compared to manypeople in here who are victim blaming and acting as if the OP has said they want compo. They haven’t even said that. They want an apology.The claims that the OP “wasn’t bothered” to react at the time are pretty silly too considering they said they were shocked at the time and didn’t know how to react. Not everyone is confrontational and not everyone has the confidence to pull someone up on things.

Absolutely agree. I'm non confrontational and I wouldn't say anything but it would upset me all day.
nandito8 m ago

Absolutely agree. I'm non confrontational and I wouldn't say anything but …Absolutely agree. I'm non confrontational and I wouldn't say anything but it would upset me all day.

... and then you beat yourself up for not saying anything too. Absolutely understand where the OP is coming from.

OP, send an email if it’ll help you get over the feelings of what happened today. No harm in doing so.
Methinks OP has put it on here to ask for opinions on getting compo ? Didn't Boots have a sale today ? if so it could have been manic - Did OP consider that before taking baby into the "war zone" ?
Biddy26 m ago

... and then you beat yourself up for not saying anything too. Absolutely …... and then you beat yourself up for not saying anything too. Absolutely understand where the OP is coming from. OP, send an email if it’ll help you get over the feelings of what happened today. No harm in doing so.

Exactly.
Original Poster
rogparki8 m ago

Methinks OP has put it on here to ask for opinions on getting compo ? …Methinks OP has put it on here to ask for opinions on getting compo ? Didn't Boots have a sale today ? if so it could have been manic - Did OP consider that before taking baby into the "war zone" ?

Why would I want compensation? My baby is completely fine.. it was the lack of staffs care that bothered me. It's fine though I have written an email. I just want the lady to know it's not acceptable to treat anyone like that. I have had help from here so thank you to all who have gave me suggestions. Really appreciated x
Glad your kid is ok
Luckily it was only a gift box ,but the member of staff should have said sorry,I don't think your are after anything as others have said.I think an email to head office or even better a call to the store manager might reasure you that lessons will be learn and possibly a wee gift voucher(tho like i say i don't think that's what your after)sometimes just an appoligy is enough for most people..
rogparki13 m ago

Methinks OP has put it on here to ask for opinions on getting compo ? …Methinks OP has put it on here to ask for opinions on getting compo ? Didn't Boots have a sale today ? if so it could have been manic - Did OP consider that before taking baby into the "war zone" ?

You got to be in it to win it.
33098320-nNI1G.jpg
nandito1 h, 37 m ago

Did you get any bargains ?.

The bargains were long gone this morning and only the rubbish stuff was left on the shelf The security guy said it was manic when the store opened 1st thing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants