Shocking Debenhams (not collected orders ) policy

Found 26th Oct 2013
I had an order to collect from store with them to the value of £120. I changed my mind so I thought I will not collect the item and they should issue refund. 4 weeks and I had no refund so decided to visit the store. I was informed there that they keep the orders for 30 days and then send it to charity. I thought this was kind of them only to discover that they wont then issue refund. Did any one come across some thing like this!!!!
Luckily for me they had my order and I got my money back. I was going to report the transaction to my credit card if they donated my items without my consent.
Community Updates
20 Comments
Funnystorybro.

Which other retailer do you think reads minds?
did you notify them you wasnt collecting the goods and wanted a refund?
lol I like that idea why should a shop go to the trouble of putting orders up for no reason, they have staff and transport costs to pay....

try reading the T & C it will be in the small print
The only thing shocking is your rude ignorance!

Why not email them or phone to say you changed your mind?

What if they played your game and decided not to deliver to you after you ordered and paid?

I can't believe you find your behaviour acceptable.
Thanks for the warning OP, shameful policy.
sumo999

lol I like that idea why should a shop go to the trouble of putting … lol I like that idea why should a shop go to the trouble of putting orders up for no reason, they have staff and transport costs to pay....try reading the T & C it will be in the small print

not to mention how annoying it is to go online to buy something only to find it is out of stock because some moron has ordered it without really wanting it
By offering delivery to the store they are saving the customer the cost of delivery and the convenience of you not having to be in to sign for the goods.

If they have a lot of people like you, who change their minds and do not collect, the goods take up space in their collection area and it is an inconvenience to the company. Packaging materials will have been wasted as well. No wonder they give the items away rather than reprocess them.
Moral of the story.... always read the terms of sale http://www.debenhams.com/wcsstore/DebenhamsUKSite/faq/our_online_services/delivery_options.html

Terrible policy though, most other retailers send back to warehouse and refund.
Mark2111

By offering delivery to the store they are saving the customer the cost … By offering delivery to the store they are saving the customer the cost of delivery and the convenience of you not having to be in to sign for the goods.If they have a lot of people like you, who change their minds and do not collect, the goods take up space in their collection area and it is an inconvenience to the company. Packaging materials will have been wasted as well. No wonder they give the items away rather than reprocess them.

Not too different to sending back goods under DSR, full money has to be repaid and they still have wasted packaging, time etc
I wish people could think before they start trolling. I've been on this forum for years and not known this policy. So it is obvious that I am not in the business of not collecting the orders that I made for no reason.
simplyjimbo

Moral of the story.... always read the terms of sale … Moral of the story.... always read the terms of sale http://www.debenhams.com/wcsstore/DebenhamsUKSite/faq/our_online_services/delivery_options.htmlTerrible policy though, most other retailers send back to warehouse and refund.

I agree. It's bang out of order. OP should have told them but at the same time, when it comes to giving it to charity, I feel Debenhams should contact OP to warn her.
meshosa

I wish people could think before they start trolling. I've been on this … I wish people could think before they start trolling. I've been on this forum for years and not known this policy. So it is obvious that I am not in the business of not collecting the orders that I made for no reason.

No one is trolling. Never mind about store policies, you have been unreasonable by not communicating your wishes to the store.
meshosa

I wish people could think before they start trolling. I've been on this … I wish people could think before they start trolling. I've been on this forum for years and not known this policy. So it is obvious that I am not in the business of not collecting the orders that I made for no reason.

Sadly, as you have experienced now and what is shouted about time and time again on this site, is to read the terms of sale that you would agreed to when placing the order. I know it is a pain but quite clearly you have found out the hard way that you must not happily click OK to that little box that asks you to agree to the terms.

Thanks for the reminder though of this policy.
I can't believe it's even legal.
never heard of this but found it pretty funny
OP was definitely ignorant but thats harsh
I think that's brilliant.
Dehumanization

I think that's brilliant.

You're dead evil you.
Wow... thread backfire!
deeky

You're dead evil you.

Why? Went for a chinese buffet a few weeks ago too and on the menu they said they'd charge £5 extra if there was any food wasted.... What is the point of the waste? I don't think this is much different really, what a waste of time. Why not let them know? Looking at OP's past threads you'd think they'd learn to check things after the first time but apparantly not.
Dehumanization

Why? Went for a chinese buffet a few weeks ago too and on the menu they … Why? Went for a chinese buffet a few weeks ago too and on the menu they said they'd charge £5 extra if there was any food wasted.... What is the point of the waste? I don't think this is much different really, what a waste of time. Why not let them know? Looking at OP's past threads you'd think they'd learn to check things after the first time but apparantly not.

Sowee
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants