Groups

Shocking Fb news regarding the cartoon profile pic

Banned
    Heard this from my mates and it's been getting to everyone, Wanted to share with you to.
    The Group Asking Everyone To Change Their Profile Picture ToTheir Favourite Cartoon Characters Is Actually A Group Of Peadophiles..Their Doing It Because Kids Will Accept Their Friend Requests Faster If They See A Cartoon Picture.. It Has Nothing To Do With Supporting ChildViolence.. It Was On That Tv Show That Warns You About Internet... Frauds (Snoops) Plus Tonight's News... Spread The News
    How low can you get

60 Comments

Original Poster Banned

jellybaby22

o god

I know i am disgusted, please share this on facebook

Just shows people will do anything you say so long as facebook says you should...

copy and paste this to all your friends

Facebook has been handy to catch up with old workmate and school friends but its not for kids! Dont you have to be 16 to use it?

Where is the evidence for this?

The same was said about the Next baby competition on there, which was official. I think/ hope it's a rumour, you only display the cartoon image until the 6th Dec.

Original Poster Banned

leecroot

Facebook has been handy to catch up with old workmate and school friends … Facebook has been handy to catch up with old workmate and school friends but its not for kids! Dont you have to be 16 to use it?

No people the age of 10 use it

Original Poster Banned

Randa1

Where is the evidence for this?

Been hearing all over my news feed and on some programme also will appear on the news

So glad I stopped using FB about a year ago!!

What a load of horses pap!

safx41

Been hearing all over my news feed and on some programme also will appear … Been hearing all over my news feed and on some programme also will appear on the news

Balls I say. Its almost certainly a hoax to see how many gullible idiots will spread it...

(Sounds suspiciously similar to this pile-of-crap spread by munters....)

Edited by: "jah128" 5th Dec 2010

It's a hoax...........OP i shall add you to my nigerian email list.

Load of crap sum people will believe anything !!! Kids shouldn't be on Facebook anyway !!

Original Poster Banned

Syzable

LOL made me laugh, and to everyone who says its a hoax, im just letting everyone know.. any harm in that

What a load of crap......scaremongering again by haters of FB (_;)

safx41

Been hearing all over my news feed and on some programme also will appear … Been hearing all over my news feed and on some programme also will appear on the news

So it's basically a rumour.
    I dont understand why everybody changng their profile pics to cartoons help peadophiles? why dont they just have cartoon chararcters themselves rather than make everybody have cartoon characters?

safx41

No people the age of 10 use it

I thought you had to be a certain age? My mistake. No wonder things like this happens. Especially if children that age are left unsupervised on there.

Banned

Syzable

surprised you didnt say the cartoon pics where my idea you **** X)

Original Poster Banned

to all who think it's a hoax, this is taken from the official Nspcc page on fb that started the campaign
    A warm welcome to all our cartoon friends! We are incredibly grateful for your support to end cruelty to children in the
    UK. Although the NSPCC did not originate the childhood cartoon Facebook
    campaign, we welcome the attention it has brought to the work we do. If
    you would like to find out more about how you can get i...nvolved,
    please visit our website.

Although the NSPCC did not originate the childhood cartoon Facebook
    campaign, ...?

jah128

Balls I say. Its almost certainly a hoax to see how many gullible idiots … Balls I say. Its almost certainly a hoax to see how many gullible idiots will spread it...(Sounds suspiciously similar to this pile-of-crap spread by munters....)

I thought the same, for some reason despite this type of hoax going on for many years over e-mail people still regularly fall for them.

John

safx41

to all who think it's a hoax, this is taken from the official Nspcc page … to all who think it's a hoax, this is taken from the official Nspcc page on fb that started the campaignA warm welcome to all our cartoon friends! We are incredibly grateful for your support to end cruelty to children in the UK. Although the NSPCC did not originate the childhood cartoon Facebook campaign, we welcome the attention it has brought to the work we do. If you would like to find out more about how you can get i...nvolved, please visit our website.Although the NSPCC did not originate the childhood cartoon Facebook campaign, ...?

That doesnt mean the people who did start it are peodophiles!

and your point is ??? (directed at OP)
    Edited by: "choc1969" 5th Dec 2010

How would having everyone having a cartoon picture help them in any way?

A load of rubbish cartoon profile pictures spread about like wild fire.

Conspiracy theories spread about like wild fire.

Who's the gullible idiot?

[spoiler] You all are.

Original Poster Banned

To everyone saying what my point is, i am just simply telling you what i read and how it could be true.. i myself dont neccesarily believe it as yet but i wanted to know other people's views on the matter. How was i supposed to know that ill get a bunch of idiots calling me gullible

Arsenal Fan

How would having everyone having a cartoon picture help them in any way? … How would having everyone having a cartoon picture help them in any way?

If a child is on the site, and it appears children do use this site, then they are more likley to accept a request from a person with a fairy pic than a hairys arsed pervert!

safx41

To everyone saying what my point is, i am just simply telling you what i … To everyone saying what my point is, i am just simply telling you what i read and how it could be true.. i myself dont neccesarily believe it as yet but i wanted to know other people's views on the matter. How was i supposed to know that ill get a bunch of idiots calling me gullible

Ok, fair enough. Post a link to where you read it, unless of course it was posted to you by someone else, could they post or.......you get the picture, no pun intended

safx41

To everyone saying what my point is, i am just simply telling you what i … To everyone saying what my point is, i am just simply telling you what i read and how it could be true.. i myself dont neccesarily believe it as yet but i wanted to know other people's views on the matter. How was i supposed to know that ill get a bunch of idiots calling me gullible

Then perhaps you should state that when opening a thread (_;)

Load of rubbish. Paedophiles aren't that smart.

safx41

to all who think it's a hoax, this is taken from the official Nspcc page … to all who think it's a hoax, this is taken from the official Nspcc page on fb that started the campaignA warm welcome to all our cartoon friends! We are incredibly grateful for your support to end cruelty to children in the UK. Although the NSPCC did not originate the childhood cartoon Facebook campaign, we welcome the attention it has brought to the work we do. If you would like to find out more about how you can get i...nvolved, please visit our website.Although the NSPCC did not originate the childhood cartoon Facebook campaign, ...?

What are you on about?

But how would getting everyone to hsve a cartoon avatar help? A could just have a cartoon avatar themselves if they think it helps them, howcdoes everybody else hsbing a cartoon avatar hlp.

leecroot

If a child is on the site, and it appears children do use this site, then … If a child is on the site, and it appears children do use this site, then they are more likley to accept a request from a person with a fairy pic than a hairys arsed pervert!

lol...reminds me of this

Brass eye

Original Poster Banned

I know i should've stated it but i didn't think this was the reaction i would be getting.

gbspurs

Load of rubbish. Paedophiles aren't that smart.

I would have thought the complete opposite oO

safx41

Its alright, gulible has been removed from the dictionary.

Banned

DAMNOME

Just shows people will do anything you say so long as facebook says you … Just shows people will do anything you say so long as facebook says you should...copy and paste this to all your friends

I agree - I hate it when idiots on the internet do what idiots tell them to.

Goonieman

Really? When did that happen?:p

Chidda

lol...reminds me of thisBrass eye

Lol, great post, i remember that, it's been a while. I love it when they had the "paedo" disguised as a house!!!!

Original Poster Banned

Goonieman

Haven't you got anything better to do then keep ridiculing me through this thread?

I feel I should also take this opportunity to warn everyone of a new virus which someone on Facebook told me about:

Hey. I just got this in the mail, from Symantec, so I thought I'd forward … Hey. I just got this in the mail, from Symantec, so I thought I'd forward it along. It's a new virus that we should watch out for. PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.Symantec Virus Alert CenterHello Subscriber, As part of our ongoing effort to keep Symantec clients up to date on virus alerts, this e-mail is being sent to all Symantec subscribers. A new, deadly type of virus has been detected in the wild. You should not open any message entitled "LAUNCH NUCLEAR STRIKE NOW," as this message has been programmed to access NORAD computers in Colorado and launch a full-scale nuclear strike on Russia and the former Soviet states. Apparently, a disgruntled ex-Communist hacker has designed a pernicious vb-script that actually bypasses the U.S. arsenal's significant security system and takes command of missiles and bombers directly. By opening the e-mail, you may be causing Armageddon. Needless to say, Armageddon will wipe out your hard drive and damage your computer. Again, we warn you, PLEASE, DO NOT OPEN ANY E-MAIL ENTITLED "LAUNCH NUCLEAR STRIKE NOW." YOU MAY CAUSE A FULL-SCALE NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST. As a precaution, all U.S. nuclear missiles have been set to "Do Not Author!ize Launch Via E-mail" to prevent an accidental Armageddon. However, due to a Y2K bug, the possibility still exists that you may end life as we know it on this planet by opening the aforementioned e-mail.VIRUS NAME: ArmaGeddyLee, HappyOrMaybeNot00, OopsWrongButton00TRANSMITTAL METHOD: vb-script attached to e-mailHAZARD: Extremely Super HighAREA OF INFECTION: Detected in wildCHARACTERISTICS: Destroys life on earth via nuclear ArmageddonPlease forward this warning to everyone you can. Thank you for your attention to this matter,Sincerely,The Symantec Anti-Virus Team

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.11
      2. One for the mathmeticians1930
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767425
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876401

See more discussions