Shoe repairs....

Posted 2nd Dec
simple question, do most shoe repair shops cut keys..... or do most key cutting shops repair shoes !
ive never saw a connection between the two trades.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

10 Comments
Shoe repair shops cut keys, I’ve seen a few key places that just do keys but never seen a shoe place that’s not done keys.
They normally do both, they use the same machines so makes sense..
Bargainhead02/12/2019 17:45

They normally do both, they use the same machines so makes sense..

Completely different machines, there may have been some cross over years ago such as the deburring machine that would also be used to rough up leather where adhesive would be applied but nowadays the equipment is more automated for creating copies of keys and thats before you take into account any additional services some offer such as programming of car keys.

Our local Timpsons one is dodgy though as they quote women for simple key copying more than they do men. I asked the Mrs to get me a older Honda bike key cut but he told her it was a special key blank and would be £17 so she left it without getting it done, I went a week later and same guy charged me a fiver. I have heard the same from others too. I needed a third key (as I like to have 3 keys for vehicles) took it to an independent cobblers £3, when I asked him about how common the blanks are he said its one of the most common for bikes.
I dont know if you are aware but timpsons staff are made up of ex cons and the likes of , but i am not knocking that. Every body needs a 2nd chance .
trevor_cook02/12/2019 23:04

I dont know if you are aware but timpsons staff are made up of ex cons and …I dont know if you are aware but timpsons staff are made up of ex cons and the likes of , but i am not knocking that. Every body needs a 2nd chance .

Do you have any facts or evidence to back-up that claim that the staff are made up of 'ex cons and the likes of"?
It is a well known and PUBLUSHED fact. They even employ people on day release . And like i said i am NOT against it , they are giving people a 2nd chance .
trevor_cook03/12/2019 07:14

It is a well known and PUBLUSHED fact. They even employ people on day …It is a well known and PUBLUSHED fact. They even employ people on day release . And like i said i am NOT against it , they are giving people a 2nd chance .

You missed the r out of your name, trevor crook
🖕
airfix03/12/2019 09:36

You missed the r out of your name, trevor crook

R or should there be a C in there somewhere?
Larressingle03/12/2019 11:53

Comment deleted

Thanks for providing those links, I wasn’t aware of that. Good on them for helping people coming out of prison to get back in to work again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants