Expired

Shoe Zone - worst company ever???!

Found 17th Aug 2011
Got my daughter a pair of sandals for holiday on 1st Aug. She has only worn then a few times. They were £12.99. They have worn very badly and the coating has come off and the strap broke. Went back into store to exchange and was told they have been "worn too much" and cannot do anything. We have had them 2 weeks.

This is the worst company I have every come across. I quoted the sales of goods act to them but they ignored me, called head office and was told an area rep will call. So a new pair of shoes should only last 2 weeks according to them. I know they sell things of very bad quality, but £12.99 isnt that cheap for something to last such a short time.

I mean...come on Shoe Zone! Fit for purpose or of Satisfactory quality??! I do not think so!
Community Updates
MiscShoes
34 Comments
contact watchdog, or tell the rep when he phones that you have and/or intend to. see what happens
Grrrrr! I hate bad service! Good luck and I hope they apologise profusely!
Sole destroying.
Well just fired off an email to their deputy chief exec..lets see

Awful company. Still so angry
You should get you want if you persist in calling head office or going in to see the manager in-store. I always wonder what is the cut off point for when clothes can't be returned if they develop a defect. 2 weeks for shoes if definitely not ok.
I have never heard of them, but if you knew that you were paying for bad quality why did you buy the sandals in the first place - not having a go, just curious?
Edited by: "maccy1" 17th Aug 2011
I wouldn't shop at shoe zone but even for them 2 weeks is ripping it a bit. I tend to buy most of my shoes from Amazon these days. You can buy quality leather shoes at good prices if you keep an eye on them.
anglian windows is the worst company ever.
When i bought some shoes from there, that fell apart after about 2/3 weeks, the staff in our store were really helpful, gave me a refund for them... which store did you go to?
Nope, that award goes to collect plus.

28 days is a general rule with most retailers. I think you got a jobsworth who didn't expect your persistance lol....keep at it, they will give you a refund or an exchange as long as you have your receipt. If not, then contact trading standards and watchdog. scare the area manager with bad marketing etc etc.

you keep at it

oldmanhouse

You should get you want if you persist in calling head office or going in … You should get you want if you persist in calling head office or going in to see the manager in-store. I always wonder what is the cut off point for when clothes can't be returned if they develop a defect. 2 weeks for shoes if definitely not ok.

most of their shows are made from cardboard, on the inside, thats why
kickthread

most of their shows are made from cardboard, on the inside, thats why

Are their shows as bad as their shoes?
jonny619447

Are their shows as bad as their shoes?

lol, sorry teacher,
Most of the cheap shoes in these places are imported from places like India or China. Buy from more reputable places.
agree wholly ! quality of shoes is dire !! good post !
I might add that I owned a pair of Shoe Zone shoes that I wore to work when I worked part-time in a supermarket whilst studying A Levels. They lasted a good year or two, coming out every weekend!

Obviously things have gone downhill since then with regards to their quality
kickthread

lol, sorry teacher,

Apology accepted, now write 100 lines of "I must learn how to spell basic words".

I buy shoezone beach mules, £2.99 and wear them as indoor slippers, they last me 6 months or so.

In another shoe shop though I once had a major to do, because a pair of sneakers I'd bought a week before were really hurting my feet, and on peeling back the inner lining the heel was made in a grid, it was like walking on a chip cutter. Some dozy mare in the shop told me they were all made like that, blah blah - but as I took a deep breath she said she'd refund me Just This Once.
iq200

Most of the cheap shoes in these places are imported from places like … Most of the cheap shoes in these places are imported from places like India or China. Buy from more reputable places.

almost all shoes and clothing are now , whatever the brand is, be it big name or whatever
Anyway I got the money back (area manager said he would get me a refund). However went to another store who said the other store were being ridiculous as all of there shoes are guaranteed for 3 months. The manager of the first store is a big moo
hi barginhunter2009.. i was a member of staff at shoe zone and the shoes should have been refunded. im wondering if you can help me: i was unfairly sacked from work and i need the head offices number but i cant seem to find it on the internet if you still have the number i would be grateful if you can email it to me please. i want to take legal action against them... thanks
katieallsop

hi barginhunter2009.. i was a member of staff at shoe zone and the shoes … hi barginhunter2009.. i was a member of staff at shoe zone and the shoes should have been refunded. im wondering if you can help me: i was unfairly sacked from work and i need the head offices number but i cant seem to find it on the internet if you still have the number i would be grateful if you can email it to me please. i want to take legal action against them... thanks

companycheck.co.uk/com…038

But, you really need to take this seriously if you're going to take legal action against them, and get proper advice. To that end, the best advice I can give you right now is to use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to get a mod to change your username to something that isn't your actual name (really, you're making it so easy for them to google you), and having done that, speak to the CAB, and then ACAS. I'm guessing you weren't an USDAW member, but you may be able to contact them for advice regardless.
Bought shoes from them, one was a bit smaller then the other but both same size 7! Went to the shop to exchange them and was refused by store manager!!!! Then she advised me to wear the shoes with thick socks for a few days so the shoe would streach!!!!! Worst experience ever!!!!
rennix

Bought shoes from them, one was a bit smaller then the other but both … Bought shoes from them, one was a bit smaller then the other but both same size 7! Went to the shop to exchange them and was refused by store manager!!!! Then she advised me to wear the shoes with thick socks for a few days so the shoe would streach!!!!! Worst experience ever!!!!

http://img.docstoccdn.com/thumb/orig/123601952.png
vodafone is the worst company ever.
Very disappointed with Shoe Zone. I bought a pair of loafers and I can say will not buy from them again. After just wearing the pair for a few hours, the insoles became loose, leaving me feeling awkward and uncomfortable. At home, I found the insoles were not glued on correctly, the glue itself was very runny. Now I can't wear those shoes anymore, having previously thrown away the receipt and packaging for a refund, I've lost money because of it. In future will buy elsewhere, even if it will cost a bit extra.
I will never buy school shoes from shoe zone again!
Crap quality for money I recently brought a pair of school shoes for my daughter over a week ago I notice that the front of the shoes paint is coming off and exposing the material underneath this has happen twice and I've brought it back to the shop and the manager there said it's wear and tear it's not a manufacturer fault oh yes it is if the cheap crap they use to make the dam shoes with these shoes should last longer than just a week of wearing them and regardless of the child falling over the material of the shoes should be more resilient as children do fall over the manager was not having none of it considering I had a receipt too I'm so annoyed especially when I have spent £13 on these shoes it's not cheap. I wouldn't recommend shoe zone to anybody u might aswell pay abit more with a name brand because shoe zone is one big rip off!

I bought boots for 15 pounds from them and was hoping they going to last for at least couple of mounts untill spring.But not at all.I`m security guard in a school 185 cm/90 kg. and the only activity that i use to have with them was standing for 4 hours a day.Just 4 hours and they didnt last more then week.I`m so dissapounted because they were really confortable to wear.Worst boots ever
Bad service pair of safety shoes wouldn't refund or exchange staff were rude they only lasted a day I walked from house to car then carport to work they said that's why

I wish to also complain about shoe zone Lichfield brought my son a pair of Star Wars trainers and the upper Velcro strap stretched and stretched until 3inches were overhanging Velcro strip which looked ridiculous, he had worn them two weeks. Rang store and was told by store manager to bring shoes in to have a look at. Which I did same day, she then changed her mind and said she needed to see my child's foot in them !!!!! My advice is avoid avoid avoid at all costs. They don't value their customers

bargainhunter2009

Got my daughter a pair of sandals for holiday on 1st Aug. She has … Got my daughter a pair of sandals for holiday on 1st Aug. She has only worn then a few times. They were £12.99. They have worn very badly and the coating has come off and the strap broke. Went back into store to exchange and was told they have been "worn too much" and cannot do anything. We have had them 2 weeks.This is the worst company I have every come across. I quoted the sales of goods act to them but they ignored me, called head office and was told an area rep will call. So a new pair of shoes should only last 2 weeks according to them. I know they sell things of very bad quality, but £12.99 isnt that cheap for something to last such a short time. I mean...come on Shoe Zone! Fit for purpose or of Satisfactory quality??! I do not think so!

I wore the shoes with socks and plasters for one day the skin on the back of my feet have all come off it hurts so much I have to force myself to walk
I too dislike shoe zone. Their shoes not lasting is one factor but another is they're very discriminative. I applied for a job, got an interview with them etc. When they asked if I have any medical conditions so I went on to say I am type 1 diabetic although have it all under control and they then went on to tell me I cannot work for them as my 'sugar levels' is in 'their best interest'. As an 18 year old searching for a job this knocked me back. A medical condition shouldn't stop an employer if it is under control.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants