Shooting range experience

Found 8th Sep 2011
Hi, Anybody know where you can experience (legally) using a hand gun and various other guns in the Uk. Some kind of licenced range preferably in the south east.

Thanks
Community Updates
Misc
13 Comments
Do they let you put pic of ex up on target?
markq

Do they let you put pic of ex up on target?

'own targets welcome'

i think so
Have a look at the National Shooting Centre (NSC), Bisley. Not sure how SE it is though!
Website doesnt seem to be working at the mo.
I would guess nowhere in the uk will offer what you are after due to fire arms restrictions.

Are you thinking of rifles or handguns?
Look into clay pigeon shooting as well.

sven256

I would guess nowhere in the uk will offer what you are after due to fire … I would guess nowhere in the uk will offer what you are after due to fire arms restrictions.

If you join a club then I believe that you can use their guns on their premises and do not need an individual licence - I was a member of the rifle club at uni and most people didn't have their own guns or firearms licence (and you don't need a firearms licence to shoot, you need a licence to own the firearms and need to have each firearm individually listed. I believe it is also illegal to be in possession of someone else's firearm which is not listed on your licence without the owner being present).
Fire what you like at my local range
sickly sweet

Are you thinking of rifles or handguns?Look into clay pigeon shooting as … Are you thinking of rifles or handguns?Look into clay pigeon shooting as well.If you join a club then I believe that you can use their guns on their premises and do not need an individual licence - I was a member of the rifle club at uni and most people didn't have their own guns or firearms licence (and you don't need a firearms licence to shoot, you need a licence to own the firearms and need to have each firearm individually listed. I believe it is also illegal to be in possession of someone else's firearm which is not listed on your licence without the owner being present).

They are all low caliber "target shooting" I would hazard a guess the original poster wanted an American style experience. I maybe wrong though.
Edited by: "sven256" 8th Sep 2011
sven256

They are all low caliber "target shooting" I would hazard a guess the … They are all low caliber "target shooting" I would hazard a guess the original poster wanted an American style experience. I maybe wrong though.

Nope your right, but i guess this is a no go in the uk...shame
Guns aren't banned in the isle of man, even automatics can be owned but don't know if anyone hires them out at a range
I doubt target pistols will do it for you. You can still fire an m-16 at the ranges in Vegas
dga

That why everyone is so polite

Now that you mention it, that might be why I don't remember ever seeing road rage here X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants