Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Shoponix / shoplix_uk - Scam or No Scam?! LIVE Updates!

Posted 2nd AugEdited by:"dicksteel18"
Anyone who's recently ordered and received a switch (or anything) from Shoponix please let us know!
Community Updates
So you don’t have to read 200 comments.

It is a scam.

Start your claims and you will get your money back in a week or 2.

And no currys/ao will not price match anything.
Top comments
Hey guys,

Just letting you know I've been watching this thread and the developments, and this seems very similar to scams that were pulled via genuine business sellers on eBay in the past couple of years.

Previously, scammers got a hold of genuine business seller details on eBay, offered a multitude of desirable products at even more desirable prices. Obviously, as time went on those items failed to arrive, the rouse was up and by that stage quite a-lot of people, including hotukdeals members, were out of pocket for products they would never receive.

I, personally operate on the assumption that it if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. I'd really suggest in this case that people are smart about how they may be impacted, and don't delay in starting the refund process, in any false hope. It is always better to be safe, than sorry.

If your purchase wasn't via eBay, get in touch with PayPal or your card issuer, who should be able to advise on raising a dispute; where possible

Luckily, eBay are genuinely good about refunds in these cases, regardless of payment method, and this should fall under the Money Back Guarantee

Notably;

What happens if the seller doesn't respond or won't give me a refund?

Under eBay Money Back Guarantee, the seller has 8 days to resolve your issue. If you can't come to an agreement, you can ask us to step in and help. We'll review the details of your case and make a decision within 48 hours.

Purchases are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee when all of the following are true:

• An item isn't received or it isn't as described in the listing
  • A buyer reports that they didn't receive an item or requests a return within the eBay Money Back Guarantee timelines
  • The purchases were made on eBay.co.uk via checkout or an eBay invoice and paid with one of the following payment methods within the checkout process on eBay:
    • PayPal or PayPal Credit
    • Credit card or debit card
    • Google Pay
    • Apple Pay
  • The items were paid for in a single payment, including payments with PayPal Credit
  • Items collected in person are covered, provided all of the above conditions are met

eBay will intervene in a case where the seller refuses to resolve within the stated timeline above.

Hopefully everyone gets sorted
Edited by: "Mark" 6th Aug
Got an email from PayPal this afternoon saying they closed the case in my favour. Refund is being paid within 5 days. Hope it works out the same for everyone else.41607458-LkLYW.jpg
I don't know if it's just me so perhaps someone else would kindly check but I believe the website has finally been taken down.

shoponix.co.uk

Incidentally, whilst poking around (as I do!) I found an interesting site called "Prestashop" which specializes in templates for all sorts of 'insta' web-shops. Guess who/what I managed to find on there:

addons.prestashop.com/en/…tml

If you take a look at some of the screenshots (or just click on the "site demo" button) you'll feel right at home!

I'm also not sure if they are related at the moment but:

Shoponix Retail LLP in India seem very, very familiar. Electronics and tech company (since around 2019) and also tradeindia.com/sho…88/ too. Their contact suggests United Kingdom, New Dehli, India. Huh???

Lots of new names to play around with but of course, in a country like India it's a bit of a "needle in a haystack" situation!

Anyway, with any luck it would seem something may have finally started to happen in the UK at least and the site has been rubbed out. Now, what will replace it...

All the best, peeps!
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 19th Aug
Not that I can find anything of consequence yet but I would draw your attention(s) to another company that could rear it's ugly head:

SHOPLAB UK LIMITED

I notice that the same guys (Shoponix) have this registered business using a 'purchased' UK business address in London. Just keep it in your subconscious the next time you see "bargain" priced tech on some website called "Shoplab.co.uk" or variants of...

As others have rightfully pointed out - ALL speculation, of course.
533 Comments
I only found this website this morning when looking for a new TV. £100 cheaper than anywhere. I was a bit wary as couldn’t find anything about them other than looking up on companies house and Instagram. Did seem to check out but wasn’t wanting to risk near £300. Gave AO a call and they price matched the TV to my surprise! £100 saving on their usual price.

Have you bought from the site? I’d be interested to know if my feeling was correct!
It's a scam. On the website they try make you pay direct bank transfer and then you can't get help from the bank.
Do NOT buy from them. Complete scam. They're not on trustpilot and they do anything they can to scam people.
That's why they list items cheaper.
hotdealsscotland02/08/2020 23:35

It's a scam. On the website they try make you pay direct bank transfer and …It's a scam. On the website they try make you pay direct bank transfer and then you can't get help from the bank. Do NOT buy from them. Complete scam. They're not on trustpilot and they do anything they can to scam people. That's why they list items cheaper.

What??? The website is PayPal only, is it not???
Okay so I had the same feeling as others. They also have an ebay page with good reviews but the prices seem a little too good to be true.

I rang up AO for a price match for the Airpod Pro's and they accepted this website. You can't do this with the switch as this model is different to the one on there. I think it's worth a shot going to websites that offer price matching and see if they can honour this. Rather than buying from an unknown site
I've just ordered something from them, used credit card for security as the price seems too good to be true, they didn't try to get me to pay via bank transfer or ask for any other payment or info. will post how I get on when goods received
hotdealsscotland02/08/2020 23:35

It's a scam. On the website they try make you pay direct bank transfer and …It's a scam. On the website they try make you pay direct bank transfer and then you can't get help from the bank. Do NOT buy from them. Complete scam. They're not on trustpilot and they do anything they can to scam people. That's why they list items cheaper.

Yeah, this is BS, they're also on eBay so can clearly pay by PayPal.

I am wary of it being a scam but the bank transfer stuff is just not true
Thought I'd try as paypal and credit card so if a scam then all I'll have lost is the time trying it to see, and if it's legit Ive saved £90
Lorraine_Law03/08/2020 08:33

I've just ordered something from them, used credit card for security...

Lorraine_Law03/08/2020 08:41

Thought I'd try as paypal and credit card so if a scam then all I'll have …Thought I'd try as paypal and credit card so if a scam then all I'll have lost is the time trying it to see, and if it's legit Ive saved £90

Use of PayPal (account) negates the "security" you may have enjoyed solely by using credit card, where the latter does not appear to be an option anyway from this source.
Looking at Companies house for details about Shoponix, this is a really young company that hasn’t yet filed any accounts. The director Eqbal Miah (born 1993) has registered a second director in June, a Slovak by the name of Josef Drevenak who is the director of a couple of other similar young companies, one of which has a warning that the confirmation statement required is overdue!
Personally I wouldn’t touch this website as there are too many red flags.
I was silly enough to fall for it.
I enquired about the product and they replied.
I've now asked when it will be dispatched. Think it said delivery date of the 5th.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not holding out much hope tbh.
emmaking198403/08/2020 11:14

I was silly enough to fall for it.I enquired about the product and they …I was silly enough to fall for it.I enquired about the product and they replied.I've now asked when it will be dispatched. Think it said delivery date of the 5th.I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not holding out much hope tbh.

When did you place the order?
emmaking198403/08/2020 11:16

Saturday

I know someone else commented that they requested a refund and got one so if you're overly concerned then you could try that. Otherwise if you paid with credit card or PayPal you should be protected and, who knows, maybe it even turns up!

From the ebay reviews that I'd read, who knows if they're real, people had said the box was opened and the charger wasn't genuine, so something to look out for.

My guess is that they're customer returns or refurbs that they've picked up wholesale and are trying to pass off as being new
dicksteel1803/08/2020 11:19

I know someone else commented that they requested a refund and got one so …I know someone else commented that they requested a refund and got one so if you're overly concerned then you could try that. Otherwise if you paid with credit card or PayPal you should be protected and, who knows, maybe it even turns up!From the ebay reviews that I'd read, who knows if they're real, people had said the box was opened and the charger wasn't genuine, so something to look out for.My guess is that they're customer returns or refurbs that they've picked up wholesale and are trying to pass off as being new

It's for my daughters birthday.
I will give it until friday. If i have any issues I will generate a refund thru PayPal. I just hope its sorted in time for her:(
emmaking198403/08/2020 11:21

It's for my daughters birthday.I will give it until friday. If i have any …It's for my daughters birthday.I will give it until friday. If i have any issues I will generate a refund thru PayPal. I just hope its sorted in time for her:(

If you're happy to pay the extra £30 then Argos have the coral in stock at £199.99:

ebay.co.uk/itm…d:1
dicksteel1803/08/2020 11:24

If you're happy to pay the extra £30 then Argos have the coral in stock at …If you're happy to pay the extra £30 then Argos have the coral in stock at £199.99:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-Switch-Lite-Handheld-Console-Coral/363017196589?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=225113&meid=2f53a35186154062ae55da4d2d23e1f5&pid=100675&rk=1&rkt=15&mehot=pp&sd=313168699599&itm=363017196589&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:7cfe0926-d573-11ea-a074-74dbd180362a|parentrq:b3d9bd501730a16d364e2828ffd91f32|iid:1

Thanks I'll bear that in mind.
But it must be yellow apparently
These sorts of threads typically assume that the operators of a website will be the same operators of the company stated on the website, and will also be the operators of a similarly-named webstore at eBay / Amazon / other platform. Sometimes it is prudent to consider the possibility of trading name hijack prior to assuming automatic associations.
Tagged for reading later, good luck all
I bought an Xbox One X from this company after Googling and finding that they were offering it cheaper than anywhere else. However I now believe this to be a scam (and I feel like a right idiot now). They've taken the money, but no replies to emails about a shipping date, the phone number just rings constantly with no answer. Luckily I used PayPal Credit rather than my debit card so hoping that this will be resolved by PayPal after opening a case with them. I'm going to contact Trading Standards too, as the director's details are available on Companies House and there's an address on the website. Amazing that on Friday there was nothing about this website, and now come Monday there are lots of stories similar to mine. SCAM WEBSITE. DO NOT USE SHOPONIX.
Tom_Charnock03/08/2020 15:33

I bought an Xbox One X from this company after Googling and finding that …I bought an Xbox One X from this company after Googling and finding that they were offering it cheaper than anywhere else. However I now believe this to be a scam (and I feel like a right idiot now). They've taken the money, but no replies to emails about a shipping date, the phone number just rings constantly with no answer. Luckily I used PayPal Credit rather than my debit card so hoping that this will be resolved by PayPal after opening a case with them. I'm going to contact Trading Standards too, as the director's details are available on Companies House and there's an address on the website. Amazing that on Friday there was nothing about this website, and now come Monday there are lots of stories similar to mine. SCAM WEBSITE. DO NOT USE SHOPONIX.

I've contacted them via ebay and they have replied twice today.
Still not gonna hold my breath for my item
I bought a phone of them today via eBay and they sent me a conformation email with their website on it, when i checked the site the phone i ordered was cheaper buying direct so i contacted them through eBay and asked them to cancel and refund which they did in 5 mins, I never mentioned that i would reorder and with them refunding me so quick i checked their feedback on eBay and amazon which seems OK so i ordered it direct from the site and got the order confirmation straight away, the way they dealt with me on eBay was really quite good so hopefully the phone will arrive OK.
Edited by: "Frostbite2k9" 3rd Aug
I ordered the switch off their eBay shop, I have a Royal Mail 24hr tracking number, I’ll update tomorrow.

Tbf, their lites are too cheap but their eBay feedback says they delivered loads 🏻
hc4eva03/08/2020 16:29

I ordered the switch off their eBay shop, I have a Royal Mail 24hr …I ordered the switch off their eBay shop, I have a Royal Mail 24hr tracking number, I’ll update tomorrow. Tbf, their lites are too cheap but their eBay feedback says they delivered loads 🏻

No feedback yet on eBay. They have sold hundreds over the last couple of days, but none yet received by the buyers.
Ordered Switch on Thursday. Deal seemed too good to be true but I paid paypal (pay after delivery). I emailed them twice to ask if it was genuine/new, and confirmation of dispatch date, but they got back to me both times assuring me it's factory sealed and will be sent in next few days. I've received my dispatch notification today. I will be checking mine carefully as/when/if it arrives, but didn't really seem much to lose, paying via paypal and opting for after delivery as well. We'll see....
Anyone know how eBay is like for refunds when using PayPal? Don't mind giving them a chance as long as the refund will be simple if nothing turns up / its refurbished lol.

£60 cheaper than anyone else so pretty suspicious, but could be genuine.
JimboParrot03/08/2020 17:03

No feedback yet on eBay. They have sold hundreds over the last couple of …No feedback yet on eBay. They have sold hundreds over the last couple of days, but none yet received by the buyers.

I know, hence I said feedback for lites. 😃
I bought an Xbox on Saturday but coming here I am almost 100% certain it's a scam now. Only problem is I cannot get a hold of paypal to file a dispute. They simply close the dispute saying no fraudulent activity. Does anyone know what to do? Cheers
I have also received a tracking number. Doesnt show anything yet.
JimboParrot03/08/2020 17:03

No feedback yet on eBay. They have sold hundreds over the last couple of …No feedback yet on eBay. They have sold hundreds over the last couple of days, but none yet received by the buyers.

When i checked they did have feedback for the switch lite but some people were saying that it came with a non genuine charger.
benson198003/08/2020 17:18

I've received my dispatch notification today.

Me too. I ordered Switch on Friday and received tracking no just now - hasn't fed through the system if it is indeed valid but at least if has GB suffix so hopefully no customs charges. If it is dodgy I'm relying on S75 with PayPal credit.
It seems we're all receiving a tracking number right now? It's valid but I don't know what to think.
My boyfriend bought us two switches and we were sure we got scammed. We don't really know what to think now?
Edited by: "Oscar_" 3rd Aug
Kienio03/08/2020 07:58

Okay so I had the same feeling as others. They also have an ebay page with …Okay so I had the same feeling as others. They also have an ebay page with good reviews but the prices seem a little too good to be true.I rang up AO for a price match for the Airpod Pro's and they accepted this website. You can't do this with the switch as this model is different to the one on there. I think it's worth a shot going to websites that offer price matching and see if they can honour this. Rather than buying from an unknown site

Well done for getting in there quick..

ust rang AO and they point blank refused to price match Shoponix. Apparently they have had communications sent down within the last hour "from a very high level" that they are not to pirce match Shoponix as "they do not match our criteria". When asking what their 'criteria' was, as this is an online retailer with a valid UK VAT reg. no., stock on hand for delivery and identical model no. as AO, I was repeatedly told "they are not pricematching shoponix, it's come from a high level and there's no way around it". Couldn't be arsed arguing the toss. Obviously they have their reasons, but essentially the price match policy they currently state on their website is a load of tosh on this occasion. Well done for getting in there swiftly
MaxiB03/08/2020 18:23

Well done for getting in there quick..ust rang AO and they point blank …Well done for getting in there quick..ust rang AO and they point blank refused to price match Shoponix. Apparently they have had communications sent down within the last hour "from a very high level" that they are not to pirce match Shoponix as "they do not match our criteria". When asking what their 'criteria' was, as this is an online retailer with a valid UK VAT reg. no., stock on hand for delivery and identical model no. as AO, I was repeatedly told "they are not pricematching shoponix, it's come from a high level and there's no way around it". Couldn't be arsed arguing the toss. Obviously they have their reasons, but essentially the price match policy they currently state on their website is a load of tosh on this occasion. Well done for getting in there swiftly

It was definitely a too good to be true scenario! I was shocked when they accepted it.
But yeah, the policy states any UK websites so they're contradicting themselves here
Hello, can someone please let me know whether or not to buy from here. I am about to purchase a new MacBook Air from shoponix and want to know whether it is safe????
George_Clubb03/08/2020 18:53

Hello, can someone please let me know whether or not to buy from here. I …Hello, can someone please let me know whether or not to buy from here. I am about to purchase a new MacBook Air from shoponix and want to know whether it is safe????

it depends, in theory if you pay the right way then your money is safe but you may have to raise disputes etc to et it back should it turn out to be a scam. ultimately it depends on how much time and effort you are willing to put in should it turn out to be a scam as well as how urgently the item
Kienio03/08/2020 18:53

It was definitely a too good to be true scenario! I was shocked when they …It was definitely a too good to be true scenario! I was shocked when they accepted it. But yeah, the policy states any UK websites so they're contradicting themselves here

Thankfully Currys just did the honourable thing . Decent price for Pro’s at the moment.
dicksteel1803/08/2020 19:07

it depends, in theory if you pay the right way then your money is safe but …it depends, in theory if you pay the right way then your money is safe but you may have to raise disputes etc to et it back should it turn out to be a scam. ultimately it depends on how much time and effort you are willing to put in should it turn out to be a scam as well as how urgently the item

Exactly this.
If buying form Shoponix, I would only ever pay using a credit card.
All prices are too good to be true. 99% scam so only buy if you can wait for a refund.
MaxiB03/08/2020 19:24

Exactly this. If buying form Shoponix, I would only ever pay using a …Exactly this. If buying form Shoponix, I would only ever pay using a credit card.

Credit card S75 protection? Not available as there appears to be no option to pay (directly) by credit card.

Should be able to obtain S75 via "PayPal Credit" (not PayPal account) if the other usual S75 criteria are met.
AndyRoyd03/08/2020 19:37

Credit card S75 protection? Not available as there appears to be no option …Credit card S75 protection? Not available as there appears to be no option to pay (directly) by credit card.Should be able to obtain S75 via "PayPal Credit" (not PayPal account) if the other usual S75 criteria are met.

Aaah so you can’t pay directly via credit card on their site. Screams ‘buyer beware’ to me..

Then PayPal credit would be the next best option as it’s still a credit facility offering you the additional (S75) rights/protection. Or maybe purchase through their eBay shop? eBay generally have bias towards the buyer in most dispute situations, but I’d be wary of that still. If item is not as described then you have some recourse for a refund. If they’re giving tracking numbers (albeit not showing up with any logistical data as of yet) then eBay consider the item as having been ‘sent’. Just gotta hope the tracking application doesn’t end up saying ‘delivered’ when it hasn’t. Until that point you still have reasonable grounds for a refund.

It’s interesting how much positive feedback they have on eBay? Wonder if they play it safe on there as eBay literally play the part of judge, jury and executioner? Who knows. Personally I wouldn’t risk it unless it was on some sort of credit card/facility.
Post a comment
@
    Text