Expired

Shopping List: Xbox IR Receiver, HDMI-DVI Cable, Safe, Diary

5 replies
Found 21st Oct 2008
I've finally getting round to getting hold of a few vital things and would appreciate any help on the cheapest prices. For them ajority of these I've been looking on ebay, however I have a gut feeling they can actually be obtained cheaper elsewhere.

1) A 2008 Diary. YES that's 2008. I.e 2008-2009. Don't ask why but it is essential. What's also essential is that it be a pocket size diary measuring around 110mm x 80mm (MAX) it also must be a week-to-view diary. Ebay have plenty but the p+p charges put me off, also the last one I bought had really cheap and nasty paper as the pages. I don't mind cheap to be fair. It's impossible to find these things on the high street. I don't want to pay more than £2 inc. for this.

2) Xbox, YES that's Xbox NOT Xbox 360, IR Receiver. I want just the original xbox IR reciever NOT the DVD remote, I actually need 2 of these. Again ebay seems the best bet but it's hard to find them sold separetly for a reasonable price, even if there's a 3rd party (not official MS one) that is known to work, that would do. Again I can't imagine these really being worth more than a few quid each, perhaps I can even get a decent price even if it does include the remote, although it's only the receivers I need.

3) Digital Safe. Again, I've been scouring ebay for months on end but can never quite get the right one at the right price. I'm sure they can be found elsewhere at better prices too. It's a simply personal safe. I don't want anything bigger than around 35cm(w) x 20 cm(h) x 20cm(d). I can go slightly bigger on this I suppose. It's to store cash, documents and possibly electrical items, nothing bigger than say, a hard disk drive. Prices I've seen range from £15-£30. Ideally no more than £20 I'd like to pay but p+p usually takes it over the top. The most important thing that I can never find is that it be fire-proof.

4) HDMI to DVI Cable. Has to be atleast 3m in length. I know there have been a couple of real bargains on these cables but they aren't the length I require unfortunately.

That's it for now. Any help on finding me the best prices for these items, be it online or instore would be greatly appreciated. I have researched each for a long time but would like some closure on buying with peace of mind and therefore call upon you money savers to help me ensure I'm getting the best deal. Cheers peeps!

5 Comments

You can get a cheap diary at stationary box (like cheapo WHSmith shop).

Original Poster

sickly sweet;3250552

You can get a cheap diary at stationary box (like cheapo WHSmith shop).

I'm assuming this is a high street only store. Is there any store locator for this? I can't say I've ever seen one so not sure if there's one reasonably local to myself. Thank you though

amazon - Monster 400 for HDMI: HDMI to DVI Video Cable -2m at amazon 7 something wit p&p bargain

amazon.co.uk/Mon…8-6

Original Poster

joni5;3252693

amazon - Monster 400 for HDMI: HDMI to DVI Video Cable -2m at amazon 7 … amazon - Monster 400 for HDMI: HDMI to DVI Video Cable -2m at amazon 7 something wit p&p bargainhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Monster-400-HDMI-Video-Cable/dp/B0001OHH5G/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1224591293&sr=8-6

I did state it had to be atleast 3m, thanks though.

Original Poster

Still shopping!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition69767
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54
    4. Win 1 of 30 Gin Festival, Eastbourne Pairs of Tickets (Value £30 per pair)11

See more discussions