Shopto

Posted 30th Dec 2019
Has shopto changed hands this last year? They used to be really good, but I ordered a ps plus code in the Black Friday offer and it’s already been used! They are ignoring all contact - not even an acknowledgement-but replied to my trust pilot review (left after they’d had a day to simply acknowledge my contact) instantly.
I’m really disappointed in them this year. They never used to be like this.
My partner is disabled and bedbound at the moment and wants to use his PlayStation, he can’t play with his friend now on his Christmas gifts that were games, so I am even more disappointed by their attitude to the problem.
I will add that there were multiple people commenting on their Facebook page with the same problem - again these have all been deleted, from people who have also said they won’t respond.
Anyone else had this issue with their digital codes? Feel like I should just stick to Amazon now, and I hope that anyone I’ve sent their way, family or online, hasn’t come to the same fate with their vouchers.
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
I recommend cdkeys, you get the code instantly and it’s normally cheaper
If you paid by paypal then you got nothing to worry about. Put in a case.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 30th Dec 2019
RiverDragon830/12/2019 13:54

If you paid by paypal then you got nothing to worry about. Put in a case.

I did pay via PayPal, I’ve opened a claim now. I wasn’t sure where I’d stand as it was a digital product?
Edited by: "choccie32" 30th Dec 2019
I stopped using them last Christmas when my games stop arriving. They were good at first but now they are shocking. Got charged £6 when I called there hotline not knowing it was a premium number on my contract
SerpentSuicide30/12/2019 14:33

I stopped using them last Christmas when my games stop arriving. They were …I stopped using them last Christmas when my games stop arriving. They were good at first but now they are shocking. Got charged £6 when I called there hotline not knowing it was a premium number on my contract

I really don’t know how they can change so much if they haven’t been bought out. We’ve had several consoles from them a few years ago and they were great. To go to this is really bad.
choccie3230/12/2019 14:44

I really don’t know how they can change so much if they haven’t been bou …I really don’t know how they can change so much if they haven’t been bought out. We’ve had several consoles from them a few years ago and they were great. To go to this is really bad.

It’s all about money and not customer service with everyone these days
SerpentSuicide30/12/2019 14:33

I stopped using them last Christmas when my games stop arriving. They were …I stopped using them last Christmas when my games stop arriving. They were good at first but now they are shocking. Got charged £6 when I called there hotline not knowing it was a premium number on my contract

Go to the website "Saynoto0870" and you will find a landline number for more companies than you can believe - always use it.
choccie3230/12/2019 14:16

I did pay via PayPal, I’ve opened a claim now. I wasn’t sure where I’d stan …I did pay via PayPal, I’ve opened a claim now. I wasn’t sure where I’d stand as it was a digital product?

You open a case, wait 8 days, if nothing happens you contact paypal and they'll step in and refund you (hopefully).
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 30th Dec 2019
googley230/12/2019 14:55

Go to the website "Saynoto0870" and you will find a landline number for …Go to the website "Saynoto0870" and you will find a landline number for more companies than you can believe - always use it.

Thanks for posting that link. Very useful.
Yeah I bought an Xbox one X from the scammers. Was supposed to have Forza Horizon (4?) and Forza Motorsport. All the game codes were missing.

Unboxing vid

Basically they didn't want to know and IMO were ludicrous with their stance. They openly accepted the security seals were broken because that is how they get them in from MSFT (so great security seals there) - but even with practice they would take no responsibility for the missing codes. Even with the video evidence (there is another vid I did just to show I hadn't cut the box from the back and got the codes out earlier). Their final sugestion was to phone Xbox live or Xbox.com to ask if they had any spare codes. "Oh yeah mate I just found a bundle down the back of the sofa!". At the time I even did do this just to check it out. No surprise I was left feeling like a nob even contemplating there might be something to it. And I think the codes about the time were worth about £30ish quid to sell on ebay.
Edited by: "Meathotukdeals" 7th Jan
Meathotukdeals07/01/2020 19:08

They openly accepted the security seals were broken because that is how …They openly accepted the security seals were broken because that is how they get them in from MSFT.

Every Xbox I've had has been sealed but I've never bought one from ShopTo. Sounds like they're fobbing you off tbh.
Edited by: "McShane1" 7th Jan
McShane107/01/2020 19:12

Every Xbox I've had has been sealed but I've never bought one from ShopTo. …Every Xbox I've had has been sealed but I've never bought one from ShopTo. Sounds like they're fobbing you off tbh.

Oh I know they were fobbing me off so I kept all the comms to 'do something' with it but I'm spending most time looking after mum. The tales I spoke of regarding people getting boxes with seals cut was from HUKD itself but can't find it in seaerch.
Meathotukdeals07/01/2020 19:19

Oh I know they were fobbing me off so I kept all the comms to 'do …Oh I know they were fobbing me off so I kept all the comms to 'do something' with it but I'm spending most time looking after mum. The tales I spoke of regarding people getting boxes with seals cut was from HUKD itself but can't find it in seaerch.

Terrible. When you look through their trust pilot reviews I don’t think half are real and they seem to be reporting negative ones.
choccie3207/01/2020 20:17

Terrible. When you look through their trust pilot reviews I don’t think h …Terrible. When you look through their trust pilot reviews I don’t think half are real and they seem to be reporting negative ones.

Suppose it was pretty bad when you buy a "Forza 4" bundle. And you don't get the Forza 4.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions