Groups

SHOPTO - Cancel your UNCHARTED 2 pre-order as price has just increased!

Banned
    Uncharted 2 PS3 Pre Order £32.95 has just risen to £37.85

15 Comments

Only thing about shopto that annoys me

Original Poster Banned

what gets me is how they sell pre-orders at the lowest price guaranteeing thousands of orders and then put it up a week or so before release. Surely, they know the price the distributor will charge them so basically its a scam.

One way of losing future business i suppose

They also did this with Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2. Think the opening pre-order price was £37.99 then several weeks later they increased it by a fiver to £42.99.

Needless to say that I cancelled and pre-ordered elsewhere for around £36

A shocking tactic that ShopTo.net seem to use....very poor.

csiman;6426375

what gets me is how they sell pre-orders at the lowest price guaranteeing … what gets me is how they sell pre-orders at the lowest price guaranteeing thousands of orders and then put it up a week or so before release. Surely, they know the price the distributor will charge them so basically its a scam.One way of losing future business i suppose

Thats exactly what it is, loads of people wont know about the increase, although they will inform by email they are easily missed.

Its a poor selling tactic

In regards to future business, i used to pre order from them all the time but since they started doing this i haven't bothered, even if i miss out on a deal.

I'll only use them for games that are already out if they are the cheapest stockist

StevenA2000_uk;6426432

They also did this with Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2. Think the … They also did this with Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2. Think the opening pre-order price was £37.99 then several weeks later they increased it by a fiver to £42.99. Needless to say that I cancelled and pre-ordered elsewhere for around £36 :)A shocking tactic that ShopTo.net seem to use....very poor.

Im still hoping for a supermarket deal, have to buy two copies as my bro ain't gonna pay for his :roll:

Im hoping i can pick it up for £35 on release day

makes me feel better about cancelling a few days ago and ordering ]this

they need reporting to trading standards....surely if you pre-order at a certain price then they must honour that price??

Banned

rob585;6426692

they need reporting to trading standards....surely if you pre-order at a … they need reporting to trading standards....surely if you pre-order at a certain price then they must honour that price??

What about if you pre-order at say £40 and the price drops to £35, should you still be charged the £40?

This is probably a case of working on a bonus, if they sell x copies they get an extra £x discount, they haven't hit the target so increase the price.

Have they done this with GT5 as well?

I thought it was 32.95 but its not at 37.95... i thought it was cheaper than that, either way i'm not willing to pay that close to the rrp for it as it will be cheaper somewhere else.

Banned

It's a shame really - they do some good prices and have great delivery, but tactics like this and the credit card 'incidents' mean I won't use this company.

I can't recommend Game highly enough - with vouchers, quidco and reward points Im pretty sure the price is competitive with shopto and they are as good with delivery of pre-orders.:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

holdav;6426813

Have they done this with GT5 as well?I thought it was 32.95 but its not … Have they done this with GT5 as well?I thought it was 32.95 but its not at 37.95... i thought it was cheaper than that, either way i'm not willing to pay that close to the rrp for it as it will be cheaper somewhere else.

yep - gt5 will be charged at £37.95 for those who pre-ordered at £32.95

I wonder if they will honour their £3 price guarantee which stated they would pay buyers £3 if it dod not arrive in december..................

another warning thread perhaps about the gt5 increase?..........

O_O its back down to £32.95. I was just about to order from game. Are they watching this.

If so, hello Igor!

Original Poster Banned

holdav;6427636

O_O its back down to £32.95. I was just about to order from game. Are … O_O its back down to £32.95. I was just about to order from game. Are they watching this.If so, hello Igor!

must have had a zillion cancellations lol

very strange business model if you ask me! :w00t:

Original Poster Banned

back up to £37.85 so worth a bump

csiman;6484059

back up to £37.85 so worth a bump

Obviously trying to catch out a few more suckers.

Think i'll give these a miss from now on.......would rather pay a few quid more from somewhere more trustworthy.

Original Poster Banned

apparently, shopto honour order price.
    is this now true?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767184
      2. Royal Mil track and trace11
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826347
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714461

See more discussions