Groups

ShopTo delivered wrong item and won't reply to fix their screw up!

What should I do? They're not responding anywhere and all I want is the right bloody item they messed up!

21 Comments

Which item did you order and which item did you receive?

If you purchased on credit card you can claim the money back. You need to prove you have contacted Shopto though

How much was the item and how did you pay?

So mystery still unsolved.

the controller that came with my console didnt work, this was back in july the 9th. never responded to emails or tickets and the returns system just wanted me to send the whole console back.

wednesday i called them, waited 45 minutes without answer to get cut off. i called again, another 45 minutes and somebody finally picked up, seems like its sorted now, he appologised for all the open tickets on my account giving the excuse that this never happens and doesnt know why they didnt come through to be dealt with, i paid £4.50 to send the controller back, they wont refund my postage costs, but they have apparently sent me a new controller now the broken one has been received.

I guess ill wait to see if it comes. essentially meaning ive paid £4.50 extra for the console!

call one of these: Shopto.net - 01344 404773 / 0800 7797777

i used the 01344 number
    Edited by: "DudeyGeeza" 7th Oct 2016

Chatz

If you purchased on credit card you can claim the money back. You need to … If you purchased on credit card you can claim the money back. You need to prove you have contacted Shopto though

Section 75 (i assume thats what you are referring to as you state credit card) does not apply to everything and you don't need to contact the merchant first, you can raise a chargeback if its within 120 days of purchase on both credit card and debit cards, but you do have to contact the merchant first and return goods etc

Original Poster

I used PayPal via Debit Card. I spoke to them via Twitter and they wished for me to return it, but they refused to speak/cooperate further as I swore they're expecting me to pay for their '**** up' as some petty control over my language. This also was not to be done through any official system for, well, them to be able to deny I returned it in the event of an error (which they've proven apt at committing).

Alethia

I used PayPal via Debit Card. I spoke to them via Twitter and they wished … I used PayPal via Debit Card. I spoke to them via Twitter and they wished for me to return it, but they refused to speak/cooperate further as I swore they're expecting me to pay for their '**** up' as some petty control over my language. This also was not to be done through any official system for, well, them to be able to deny I returned it in the event of an error (which they've proven apt at committing).

Hi, if communication has broken down between you and the shopto, I would raise a chargeback via your bank for goods/services not as described im assuming you received the console within 120 days of today?

Original Poster

johnwillowlfc

Hi, if communication has broken down between you and the shopto, I would … Hi, if communication has broken down between you and the shopto, I would raise a chargeback via your bank for goods/services not as described im assuming you received the console within 120 days of today?

It was a case and they sent the wrong item. The money is less the concern and more their absolutely deplorable treatment of me, it's almost sickening as I've never, ever encountered a company to have such a contemptuous, dismissive attitude before. Before, I'd ordered £500+ of items without problem, but they're fine right now with their 'error'.

johnwillowlfc

Section 75 (i assume thats what you are referring to as you state credit … Section 75 (i assume thats what you are referring to as you state credit card) does not apply to everything and you don't need to contact the merchant first, you can raise a chargeback if its within 120 days of purchase on both credit card and debit cards, but you do have to contact the merchant first and return goods etc

Not strictly true, we had a faulty sliding draw in a bed we purchased, the company would not pick up and repair the drawer.
    Halifax gave us £30, the full refund for the faulty draw.

Chatz

Not strictly true, we had a faulty sliding draw in a bed we purchased, … Not strictly true, we had a faulty sliding draw in a bed we purchased, the company would not pick up and repair the drawer. Halifax gave us £30, the full refund for the faulty draw.

What was not true in what i stated?

johnwillowlfc

What was not true in what i stated?

Return the goods

Edited by: "Chatz" 7th Oct 2016

Original Poster

I'd return my item, but they're not doing so via Ebay for it to be *official* and are also seemingly expecting me to pay for their error, so disgusting.

Chatz

Return the goods

I was referring to chargeback, not section 75 in my comment, you are right, you purchased a bed package and had a faulty drawer, you complained to your credit card company and the compensated you for the faulty drawer, you only need to return the item if its requested by the sellers or the credit card company, with chargeback it works differently you need to return the items (if possible) and at least attempt to contact the merchant first

I've got 4 open tickets with them after they sent a game which was heavily damaged. I sent it back wanting a refund and they sent a replacement instead. Won't cover my return postage costs as they claim they would in T&C and are just ignoring my contact. Spent nearly 600 with them the last 6 months but not another penny from me.

Alethia

I'd return my item, but they're not doing so via Ebay for it to be … I'd return my item, but they're not doing so via Ebay for it to be *official* and are also seemingly expecting me to pay for their error, so disgusting.

Is this an ebay purchase then? If so, raise a SNAD (significantly not as described) claim. The seller will be given 8 days to resolve it, if they don't resolve it, you can escalate it to Ebay. During the 8 days they should send you a prepaid label to return the item. If they don't then you can escalate it and Ebay will either provide you a label or give you a refund without you needing to return your item.

Original Poster

I've raised a case on Ebay and am eagerly awaiting a solution. The issue is that I do want the correct item as they're the only outlet who sell it and I need this all solved before a certain date as I'll be away for some length (which also requires the item). Their representatives on Facebook/Twitter are either dismissive, unfortunately, or incapable whilst other channels are unresponsive.
    Edited by: "Alethia" 7th Oct 2016

Alethia

I've raised a case on Ebay and am eagerly awaiting a solution. The issue … I've raised a case on Ebay and am eagerly awaiting a solution. The issue is that I do want the correct item as they're the only outlet who sell it and I need this all solved before a certain date as I'll be away for some length (which also requires the item). Their representatives on Facebook/Twitter are either dismissive, unfortunately, or incapable whilst other channels are unresponsive.

Ebay cases only allow for a refund. They don't allow for an exchange. If you are desperate to have the actual item, buy it again and just deal with this return as normal.

Alethia

I used PayPal via Debit Card. I spoke to them via Twitter and they wished … I used PayPal via Debit Card. I spoke to them via Twitter and they wished for me to return it, but they refused to speak/cooperate further as I swore they're expecting me to pay for their '**** up' as some petty control over my language. This also was not to be done through any official system for, well, them to be able to deny I returned it in the event of an error (which they've proven apt at committing).

As difficult as it is when ur being messed around always best not to swear. It gives them an excuse not to deal with your complaint as the staff are entitled to do their jobs without fear of abuse. I always try to be overly polite usually works but if im getting nowhere the swearing usually starts in earnest lol

johnwillowlfc

I was referring to chargeback, not section 75 in my comment, you are … I was referring to chargeback, not section 75 in my comment, you are right, you purchased a bed package and had a faulty drawer, you complained to your credit card company and the compensated you for the faulty drawer, you only need to return the item if its requested by the sellers or the credit card company, with chargeback it works differently you need to return the items (if possible) and at least attempt to contact the merchant first

I used chargeback

Alethia

I've raised a case on Ebay and am eagerly awaiting a solution. The issue … I've raised a case on Ebay and am eagerly awaiting a solution. The issue is that I do want the correct item as they're the only outlet who sell it and I need this all solved before a certain date as I'll be away for some length (which also requires the item). Their representatives on Facebook/Twitter are either dismissive, unfortunately, or incapable whilst other channels are unresponsive.

If you have opened an Ebay case why are you contacting them via other channels,there's no need to.

Where are you at with Ebay,how long ago did you open the case and have they asked you to return the item?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to get best deal on sky23
      2. HUKD new UI55
      3. Stream Showbox from Bluestacks?46
      4. Looking for mac book pro 15" deal?22

See more discussions