ShopTo sent wrong item

Edited by:"leigh79"Found 7th Sep 2017
Hi Gang

ShopTo sent me a 1TB xbox one S instead of 500GB and now i have installed it and transferred all my info onto it

what are my rights as they are now asking for it back?

cheers

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments

MSE Forum

This all depends on what you were invoiced for.

If you were invoiced for the more expensive item then you have every right to keep it at that price.

If however (and this is more likely) you paid for and were invoiced for A (less expensive) but received B(more expensive) then the shop have every right to the item back at your convenience.

I would be inclined to point out that you have used it and therefore they couldnt sell it as brand new, perhaps they will think its more expensive to leave than to take back. Otherwise co-operate with them and get them to pick up the item at your convenience and send you new one at the same time
6 Comments

MSE Forum

This all depends on what you were invoiced for.

If you were invoiced for the more expensive item then you have every right to keep it at that price.

If however (and this is more likely) you paid for and were invoiced for A (less expensive) but received B(more expensive) then the shop have every right to the item back at your convenience.

I would be inclined to point out that you have used it and therefore they couldnt sell it as brand new, perhaps they will think its more expensive to leave than to take back. Otherwise co-operate with them and get them to pick up the item at your convenience and send you new one at the same time

Item is now used so they couldn't sell it as new. Maybe offer a deal where you pay them a small amount towards the better spec. This would be a compromise as it wasn't your fault in the first place.

did you tell them about receiving the wrong item..?

"it was a present and it has now been gifted, I had no idea it was different to the one I ordered, as I left it in the shipping box and wrapped it"
Edited by: "dataload" 7th Sep 2017

Tell them it was a gift for a family member and you drove hundreds of miles on their special day, the item has now been used and you don't mind returning it but want compensated for the fuel and time to get it back and you insist the HDD is destroyed for data protection as the profile shows your name/address and bank details, which can be retrieved easily,

OTT i know but that should be enough to put them off.

They cant do anything to you ignore them.

Original Poster

its fine they gave me the extra cost for half price and i took it
Post a comment
@
    Text