Found 13th Dec 2010
Just looked at my bank balance and it looks like ShopTo are taking the credit back from those £3 vouchers.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

Yup, they did this to me a while back.

What £3 vouchers?

wierd is that for thoes who wern't new customers

They may be doing it but somehow I don't think this is legal!!
Surely they cannot just take £3 from your stored credit/debit card details .......................if this is the case then they need reporting to trading standards or the like.

Original Poster

Yeah it was the two which were usable by all and then they contacted everyone saying they were for new customers only.

Not sure how they can get away with just taking the money back though.

snowtiger

They may be doing it but somehow I don't think this is legal!! Surely … They may be doing it but somehow I don't think this is legal!! Surely they cannot just take £3 from your stored credit/debit card details .......................if this is the case then they need reporting to trading standards or the like.

Yeah, they said they weren't going to be charging our cards. Just that they would remove the credit from our accounts. Who is to stop them from just doing this whenever they like? I know it's unlikely but it's basically what they've done here.

Edited by: "Valad" 13th Dec 2010

surely they should advise that they are taking it from your bank?

Original Poster

king261

surely they should advise that they are taking it from your bank?

That's what I thought. But the email quite clearly states "No charge has been made to your credit card".

I spent mine super quick, so they couldn't take it back LOL

Original Poster

They've taken it out of my credit card account, not my ShopTo account.

richx45

I spent mine super quick, so they couldn't take it back LOL

no there takin from bank account
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whatsup number, confused44
    2. What is gearbest like on warranty?79
    3. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch34
    4. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21

See more discussions