Short Barcelona trip Advice

Posted 5th Feb
Hi folks,
Just wondering if anyone could offer any advice for a upcoming trip to Barcelona (22nd - 26th Feb)?

My wife is taking the children (9, 7, 4 and 2 years old) to Barcelona, and we were after some advice about hotels/apartments, along with any other general advice.

As she is travelling alone and cannot speak Spanish, she is thinking best to get somewhere to stay which is close to the touristy/fun things to do. Or at least somewhere that she can get to easily by public transport using an app to get about.

Currently she is thinking of staying at the following apartment:
booking.com/hot…tml

However she is concerned that it might be too far to travel each day? Could anyone advice on terms of travel, or other convenient places to stay?

Also, does anyone have any tips on good places to go, and fun things to do. She wants to go to the Familia Sagrada, but apart from that there are no set plans.

Any help would be really appreciated. Many Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
There's a zoo in Barcelona if the kids like that sort of thing. Beware of pickpockets.
psychobitchfromhell05/02/2020 11:40

There's a zoo in Barcelona if the kids like that sort of thing. Beware of …There's a zoo in Barcelona if the kids like that sort of thing. Beware of pickpockets.

Thanks for the info, I think the kids will really enjoy that
allsa00105/02/2020 11:53

Thanks for the info, I think the kids will really enjoy that

There are always queues at sagrada familia so get there early. parc guell is great if you like gaudi. Barcelona also has a beach although it may be a little early in the year.
There are pick pockets and scam artists in and around all the tourist sites and main streets. It is a major well documented problem in Barcelona that goes relatively unchecked and it can be a pain when one of them will talk to the kids whilst an accomplice riffles through your bag and pockets. Tell her to be aware
of her surroundings at all times.
ArcadeAssassin05/02/2020 12:16

There are pick pockets and scam artists in and around all the tourist …There are pick pockets and scam artists in and around all the tourist sites and main streets. It is a major well documented problem in Barcelona that goes relatively unchecked and it can be a pain when one of them will talk to the kids whilst an accomplice riffles through your bag and pockets. Tell her to be awareof her surroundings at all times.

Thank you for the warning, I'll ensure that she taes a secure bag, and is aware of the dangers
ArcadeAssassin05/02/2020 12:16

There are pick pockets and scam artists in and around all the tourist …There are pick pockets and scam artists in and around all the tourist sites and main streets. It is a major well documented problem in Barcelona that goes relatively unchecked and it can be a pain when one of them will talk to the kids whilst an accomplice riffles through your bag and pockets. Tell her to be awareof her surroundings at all times.

I second this. My sister and her husband and child went a few months back and unfortunately got targeted. Didn't even realise until they went to pay for something and saw purse had been taken out of bag somehow. However my brother went last week alone and he was fine so i would tell your wife to be extra careful with her bag
There is an awesome theme park on top oif a mountain.
Bit of a jaunt on tram and funnicular to get there.

tibidabo.cat/en/…ome
Second the comments about the queues for sagrada familia, we never got there due to queues and unfortunate paella food poisoning! Pick pockets are quite blatant..I saw a couple intending to pickpocket my gf and i thought a look at them would stop them but they kept following and only stopped when I turned fully and stopped to face them. I enjoyed the open top tourbus and park guell
Bobbajob05/02/2020 13:24

There is an awesome theme park on top oif a mountain.Bit of a jaunt on …There is an awesome theme park on top oif a mountain.Bit of a jaunt on tram and funnicular to get there.https://www.tibidabo.cat/en/home

Great. I think the kids will be up for that and the views look amazing.
allsa00105/02/2020 13:49

Great. I think the kids will be up for that and the views look amazing.

Yeah, the bus tours are really good. I think there are three routes n total and one does go past parc guell. The kids will love the statues. the bus tours also used to entitle you to a short cruise too but it's a good few years since I did that so it might have changed. They also do tours of nou camp stadium if the kids are into football.
Beware of pickpockets and scammers
Just come after 2.5 days, average temp 14deg warm during day, chilly late afternoon/evenings.
Not faced any pick pocketing/ scamming scenarios.

99% of people speak basic if not good English thus language is not an issue.

Would recommend Sargada Familia (buy tickets online) and the cable car too (10% online).
Spend a day at the beach however water is freezing cold.
Use the T-Casual which around £10 for 10 trips and can be used for multiple travellers.

Have fun.
Edited by: "rimalpatel007" 20th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants