Groups

Short break away

I am about to turn 30 early November and I am looking to take my family (me, wife and 5 month old) away for a 2/3 days to celebrate around that time.

As my daughter is still in sterilising/baby milk stage I don't really want to be flying as I can imagine it's going to be a bit of a faff. We're on the east coast of England but don't mind whereabouts it is really just as long as it's worth the trip! At the moment we are playing around with a hot tub / log cabin idea in between Stoke and Nottingham. I wouldn't be against going to London but my wife isn't overly confident with the tube and with my severe lack of knowledge on locations to stay to lessen this problem, I wouldn't know where to begin.

Any suggestions would be welcomed, thank you for reading!

Paul

5 Comments

Qhotels have Lodges, we have stayed at 'belton woods' its part of the hotel. Went a few years back when it was owned by devere. Nice lodges and few min walk to Hotel with swimming pool etc. and It has really good reviews.
    I think minimum stay is 3 nights. Hope it helps

qhotels.co.uk/lux…ds/

Reviews
    tripadvisor.co.uk/Hot…tml

Depending on what you want to spend.... I have been to both of these and they are lovely.

Pennyhill Park in Surrey

"Individually designed rooms in a luxury hotel with luxury spa, brasserie and high-end restaurant."
    exclusive.co.uk/pen…ark

or Chewton Glen in the new forest

"Elegant rooms and luxe treehouse suites on a country estate, with a chic restaurant and grand spa."
    chewtonglen.com

Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestions, I was looking to stay somewhere nice but also go and visit places in the day. I didn't want to be back at base for the duration of my visit.

Thorpe Park Lodges just outside Lincoln are nice. We stayed there last year for a week.

Oakdene Park forest holidays in the New Forest. Stayed in a lodge with its own hot tub for a week during the summer holidays, local visits we made were Stonehenge, Bournemouth, Paultons etc was really nice and two nice pools as well
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56
      2. GAP Insurance Recommendations11
      3. Any discount for paultons park?22
      4. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?56

See more discussions