Short break to Amsterdam help

Found 18th Jan
Hi All

Looking at going to Amsterdam in April 2018 for two or three nights.
For three nights we are looking at going on 26th April and return on 29th April and for two nights looking at setting off on 27th April.

There are 4 of us going and wanted recommendations on where to stay near the city centre. We will be out most of the time so don't really need a fancy hotel so a decent B&B will do.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to any hotels or where to look for packages.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
AskTravel
6 Comments
I used to work in Amsterdam and book hotels all year round. They aren't cheap and the quality is very variable. Try for a bargain at a bigger hotel. Many of the small hotels are pokey and smelly. Its worth staying a little further out as the metro service is good. I used hotel.com and booking.com but try a package deal.
We stay at hotel de hallen . About a 30 minute walk to dam Square , or 5 minutes on the tram .
Amazing local food court next door for food and drink .
Sometimes get better rates from ebookers , hotels.com ect as you can use 10% codes off . Real quirky hotel , very comfortable and amazing reviews . We loved it . I think it’s an old tram station converted.
I've been 6 times, going again this week Thurs & Friday.
Rembrandt Square is a great location. You can buy a tram pass which is valid for several days for around €20, you can walk for miles in Amsterdam!
We are staying in the NH Amsterdam Caransa. Use trip advisor to compare the hotel websites for prices then compare them with the best discount codes/cashback! It's very rare you get a decent sale on an Amsterdam hotel, they are in high demand all year round!
Hi Guys

Thanks for all your help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants