Short dated subscription beer

Posted 8th Nov
Just received a box of subscription "craft" beer, all 10 are fairly short dated with bb date of late December 2019. I'm not too happy about this and think it's unreasonable and slightly suspicious that they all have same date despite different brewing companies. Opinions? Am I being too fussy?!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Haircut_10008/11/2019 18:23

I don't think that you'd need to be anywhere near a heavy drinker to get …I don't think that you'd need to be anywhere near a heavy drinker to get through 10 bottles beers in the space of the next seven weeks! Even if you just had a couple of bottles each weekend the case would be finished off well before then, they are just a few 300ml bottles of beer, not bottles of fine wine or anything like that.

Step away from the bottle you obviously have a problem

2 bottles a weekend you crazy wild thing
fanpages09/11/2019 01:23

I suspect...[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/38934230 …I suspect...[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/38934230 ][Image]

Yup, exactly that. Really suspension-worthy.
myusernamehasgone23409/11/2019 15:01

Your back

Might not be for long though, I'm not sure how much longer I can stick around watching 'them' let 'him' get away with taking the mickey out of well-meaning members' generosity in offering their time. Seriously, just check out his threads - every 2 days to the minute, all the way back to early last month. Is is really conceivable that his problems could surface with such unerring regularity?
42 Comments
Did you pay full price or was it discounted?

Will you drink it before the date?
If for example you had been wanting to give them as a Christmas present to someone then I could understand that it could be a problem. But honestly, if it's just for yourself then it's only 10 beers, and it's only a best before date rather than a use by date.I wouldn't worry about it too much, just go ahead and enjoy them.
Treboeth08/11/2019 17:52

Did you pay full price or was it discounted?Will you drink it before the …Did you pay full price or was it discounted?Will you drink it before the date?

Full price, 24 quid for 8 330ml beers. short date wasn't mentioned. I could certainly make an effort to get through it however I'm not a heavy drinker usually lol like to have some nice beers in fridge and take my time etc. My thinking is that with premium beer you would expect it to be fresher stuff!
The quality of beer definitely deteriorates the closer it gets to the bb date.
I notice it anyway.
To be honest I would contact them and ask them to arrange a return if they were full price and no mention was made of a short date.
They may offer you a partial refund or a voucher for future orders which may make it worth you keeping them.
24 beers sounds like a good night
deal_or_no_deal_08/11/2019 18:02

Full price, 24 quid for 8 330ml beers. short date wasn't mentioned. I …Full price, 24 quid for 8 330ml beers. short date wasn't mentioned. I could certainly make an effort to get through it however I'm not a heavy drinker usually lol like to have some nice beers in fridge and take my time etc. My thinking is that with premium beer you would expect it to be fresher stuff!

Fortunately they are "best before" rather than "use by" dates.

Simply return them for a refund, or ask for replacements with a longer period prior to consumption.

That said, what "best before" date would you consider to be reasonable at the point of delivery?
It sounds more like the subscription company gets them at a discount close to the dates which is why they probably sell the subscription cheaper than you could purchase them all individually yourself. Usually these things are for people to use/eat/drink etc as soon as they get them so almost 2 months is usually more than long enough

Full price, 24 quid for 8 330ml beers. short date wasn't mentioned. I …Full price, 24 quid for 8 330ml beers. short date wasn't mentioned. I could certainly make an effort to get through it however I'm not a heavy drinker usually lol like to have some nice beers in fridge and take my time etc. My thinking is that with premium beer you would expect it to be fresher stuff!

I don't think that you'd need to be anywhere near a heavy drinker to get through 10 bottled beers in the space of the next seven weeks! Even if you just had a couple of bottles each weekend the case would be finished off well before then, they are just a few 300ml bottles of beer, not bottles of fine wine or anything like that.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 8th Nov
Haircut_10008/11/2019 18:23

I don't think that you'd need to be anywhere near a heavy drinker to get …I don't think that you'd need to be anywhere near a heavy drinker to get through 10 bottles beers in the space of the next seven weeks! Even if you just had a couple of bottles each weekend the case would be finished off well before then, they are just a few 300ml bottles of beer, not bottles of fine wine or anything like that.

Step away from the bottle you obviously have a problem

2 bottles a weekend you crazy wild thing
What website was it?
Treboeth08/11/2019 18:54

Step away from the bottle you obviously have a problem 2 bottles …Step away from the bottle you obviously have a problem 2 bottles a weekend you crazy wild thing

Haha I really like whisky too 😁
fanpages08/11/2019 18:12

Fortunately they are "best before" rather than "use by" dates.Simply …Fortunately they are "best before" rather than "use by" dates.Simply return them for a refund, or ask for replacements with a longer period prior to consumption.That said, what "best before" date would you consider to be reasonable at the point of delivery?

At least 4 months I guess. Just seems a bit odd for a premium product/service

fanpages08/11/2019 18:12

Fortunately they are "best before" rather than "use by" dates.Simply …Fortunately they are "best before" rather than "use by" dates.Simply return them for a refund, or ask for replacements with a longer period prior to consumption.That said, what "best before" date would you consider to be reasonable at the point of delivery?

deal_or_no_deal_08/11/2019 19:18

At least 4 months I guess. Just seems a bit odd for a premium …At least 4 months I guess. Just seems a bit odd for a premium product/service

Four pounds for a 330ml bottle of beer (presumably including postage costs) does not sound like a premium product.
toonsquirel08/11/2019 18:23

It sounds more like the subscription company gets them at a discount close …It sounds more like the subscription company gets them at a discount close to the dates which is why they probably sell the subscription cheaper than you could purchase them all individually yourself. Usually these things are for people to use/eat/drink etc as soon as they get them so almost 2 months is usually more than long enough

Fair comment. That's why I was asking if I my thinking was unreasonable!
Everyone has missed your comment about 'energy days the same, though they are all different Brewers'.
This is a bit suspect, I would expect them to be within a couple of months, but all the same.....?
Ringfinger08/11/2019 20:09

Everyone has missed your comment about 'energy days the same, though they …Everyone has missed your comment about 'energy days the same, though they are all different Brewers'.This is a bit suspect, I would expect them to be within a couple of months, but all the same.....?

They’re all probably made in the same factory by Heineken.
Dannyrobbo08/11/2019 20:21

They’re all probably made in the same factory by Heineken.

Probably lol its strange how all the bbe dates are all the same despite different breweries :/

Everyone has missed your comment about 'energy days the same, though they …Everyone has missed your comment about 'energy days the same, though they are all different Brewers'.This is a bit suspect, I would expect them to be within a couple of months, but all the same.....?

'energy days the same, though they are all different Brewers'.
I missed that comment and still don`t see it?

Yes I'm going to email them see what they have to say about it!
Treboeth08/11/2019 20:24

'energy days the same, though they are all different Brewers'.I missed … 'energy days the same, though they are all different Brewers'.I missed that comment and still don`t see it?

Sorry, typo. Expiry.
Id return them or negotiate a partial refund.
I would hate for you to be ill from drinking nearly ood beer, so I can only offer my assistance, send them to me and I will make sure they are finished before the best before date, I will also let you know if they were any good too. 🍻
Bob2460109/11/2019 00:53

I would hate for you to be ill from drinking nearly ood beer, so I can …I would hate for you to be ill from drinking nearly ood beer, so I can only offer my assistance, send them to me and I will make sure they are finished before the best before date, I will also let you know if they were any good too. 🍻

Nice try Bob On yer bike chancer

They should go to the first person that responded to the OP and no-one else
Treboeth09/11/2019 00:56

Nice try Bob On yer bike chancer They should go to …Nice try Bob On yer bike chancer They should go to the first person that responded to the OP and no-one else

We could save them for @deeky's "welcome back" party.

I suspect...[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/38934230 …I suspect...[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/38934230 ][Image]

Totally unhelpful comment to a well respected member looking for help
I should subscribe for no.1124 they're always fun/strange/totallybelievable
Bob2460109/11/2019 00:53

I would hate for you to be ill from drinking nearly ood beer, so I can …I would hate for you to be ill from drinking nearly ood beer, so I can only offer my assistance, send them to me and I will make sure they are finished before the best before date, I will also let you know if they were any good too. 🍻

Sorry dude ain't black Friday yet
fanpages09/11/2019 00:58

We could save them for @deeky's "welcome back" party.

Who the hell is deeky? Hasn't even got a pioneer badge. What a loser.
plenty long enough shelf life, its about 4.5 pints..

Treboeth09/11/2019 01:30

Totally unhelpful comment to a well respected member looking for help Totally unhelpful comment to a well respected member looking for help I should subscribe for no.1124 they're always fun/strange/totallybelievable

Beginning to think our friend is actually staff

deeky09/11/2019 14:52

Your back
myusernamehasgone23409/11/2019 15:01

Your back

Might not be for long though, I'm not sure how much longer I can stick around watching 'them' let 'him' get away with taking the mickey out of well-meaning members' generosity in offering their time. Seriously, just check out his threads - every 2 days to the minute, all the way back to early last month. Is is really conceivable that his problems could surface with such unerring regularity?
deeky09/11/2019 15:13

Might not be for long though, I'm not sure how much longer I can stick …Might not be for long though, I'm not sure how much longer I can stick around watching 'them' let 'him' get away with taking the mickey out of well-meaning members' generosity in offering their time. Seriously, just check out his threads - every 2 days to the minute, all the way back to early last month. Is is really conceivable that his problems could surface with such unerring regularity?

It is so frustrating isn’t it as some people don’t realise and are so well meaning when trying to help out.

It’s so poor to waste people’s time like that.

When I got told off for a comment I left and I had a moan, I was told to report it, but what do you report,as it’s a pattern of behaviour rather than one thread.
myusernamehasgone23409/11/2019 15:21

It is so frustrating isn’t it as some people don’t realise and are so well …It is so frustrating isn’t it as some people don’t realise and are so well meaning when trying to help out.It’s so poor to waste people’s time like that.When I got told off for a comment I left and I had a moan, I was told to report it, but what do you report,as it’s a pattern of behaviour rather than one thread.

It doesn't matter what you report. I have reported time after time, exactly what I've said above. For some reason they seem to think it's acceptable behaviour.
@deeky I actually spat my drink out when I read this comment on this thread as I laughed so hard

hotukdeals.com/com…058
myusernamehasgone23409/11/2019 15:23

@deeky I actually spat my drink out when I read this comment on this …@deeky I actually spat my drink out when I read this comment on this thread as I laughed so hard https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/38937058

deeky09/11/2019 15:23

It doesn't matter what you report. I have reported time after time, …It doesn't matter what you report. I have reported time after time, exactly what I've said above. For some reason they seem to think it's acceptable behaviour.

It isn’t acceptable at all and you can see from many of the comments that others agree and are sick and tired of it.

It is playing on people good nature and desire to help. Obviously more and more people are becoming aware but you can’t warn people becuase your comments are removed.
@deal_or_no_deal_ apologise for hijacking your thread.

My thoughts are that it is too short dated.

This would be possibly the type of item you may want to gift for Christmas and while I’m sure some people would happily have 10 between X mas and New year I wouldn’t expect them.

Did you get in touch and get a response yet?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants