short dated/out of date bargain food website - approvedfood

Found 11th Mar 2012
If you're not too fussy about short dated or just out of date food cupboard items, this website is well worth a look. I spent £50 on food and the rrp was over £160. Delivery is between £5.50 and £7.50, may go up according to weight. It's all packed in boxesand delivered by courier. Didn't want to recommend it until i had tried it myself... 3 deliveries on and no problems!
approvedfood.co.uk/
Community Updates
28 Comments
If delivery wasn't such a rip-off, I would try (_;)
Do they sell spam?
As you have tried it 3 times and are still alive might give it a go
Edited by: "jakethebeagles" 11th Mar 2012
worth it for a big buy though, i have boxes of fruit juice stacked all over my decking at the moment. I have friends who place one order between them to share the cost of delivery.
if you make a big order then i not too bad, postage is the main problem
stinkybeard

Do they sell spam?

not that i can see but they do have tinned ham, luncheon meat, bacon grill and chicken roll! They can't be that far off spam can they?
w00t now i know where the market traders buy their stuff from...

If it's a best before date then it will be fine....
you can get alot of these items from such as herion stores ...
some items give you "free delivery". I've ordered 20 or so giant boxes from them in the past, have had an occasional breakage or ommission but they've always refunded or replaced. Best before dates don't bother me. I used to work in a small food factory and all the dates were shortened due to E U regulations nothing to do with the chocolate. When a box arrives it's like christmas!
I know a few people who have ordered from them plus they are quoted on the web, and I would certainly use them
How much is the delivery charge? Do they charge flat rate or by weight?
It's £5.25 no matter how many you order but if you order certain item like cases of stuff (in discount shopping), it's free.

Thanks op, never heard about this place before so gonna try it out.
Bad reviews on their site regarding delivery. So mixed reviews. Be carefull with companies like this, you're taking a big chance.
Link goes to:

This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page it means that the Apache HTTP server installed at this site is working properly.
thanks will have alook
Geemac

Link goes to:This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache … Link goes to:This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page it means that the Apache HTTP server installed at this site is working properly.

the link works for me fine.
fluidz

Bad reviews on their site regarding delivery. So mixed reviews. Be … Bad reviews on their site regarding delivery. So mixed reviews. Be carefull with companies like this, you're taking a big chance.

The only bad thing about delivery is that you can't choose a delivery date. They email you the day before delivery, and on the day of delivery the courier company send you a tracking link so you can see your one hour delivery time. You can change this if you wish though or state a safe place to leave your goodies.
I have mixed opinions with approved food. I placed my order about 1 month ago, they charged double for delivery so I contacted them asking for a refund to my PayPal, they ended up refunding to my approved food account as credit. Next 2 weeks went by, with no contact from them, so sent them an email asking when it would be sent, no reply but the day after they sent an automated dispatch email stating that 1/4 of my order was out of stock, they 'refund' the missing food to my approved food account as credit *again*. I had to get back to them asking for the refund to be sent to my PayPal instead, they finally replied (quite quickly this time) and refund me properly.

When the food arrived it was great, extremely well packed, 2 big boxes, 4 smaller boxes in each, lots of bags of polystyrene and bubblewrap, must have cost more than delivery to pack it! Food was great, cheap, and it taste fine.

40% of the food you can buy in B&M for around the same price, sometimes cheaper sometimes more expensive, but you're guaranteed to receive what you put in your basket! So overall, if you order knowing that some items might not get to you (mostly the low stock items) , and you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for delivery, and you don't mind contacting them for proper refunds then I'd reccomend them. I'd probably use them again but not for a while!
fluidz

Bad reviews on their site regarding delivery. So mixed reviews. Be … Bad reviews on their site regarding delivery. So mixed reviews. Be carefull with companies like this, you're taking a big chance.

Approved food is quite friendly and open, the main guy posts videos on the website and twitter all the time and they have a busy facebook page where you can contact them and they always reply swiftly. The only chance you're taking is whether your delivery will arrive within a few days or weeks, there's no chance you'd lose your money! They put the recent delivery problems down to being on the TV and in newspapers a lot recently, the one show did a big program on them, but the problems seem to stem back further than that...
we have used this website before, very good and nothing tasted nasty all good in our books
Not a deal.
I am a long time member and feel this is a great company to order from. Only problem is that what is on the website keeps on changing, depending on what is in their warehouse at any given time. Also, the postage is too expensive. However, as discussed here, I would recommend sharing your order with a friend or neighbour (like me). Finally, be careful with the products you order: some items either come in very large amounts and they may go off by the time you finish using them, or others look big on the site but are actually quite small (check the amount/quantity).
Received my first order. It's a bit unnerving not knowing when it will be delivered until the evening beforehand, especially as it tends to be 9am-6pm when most people are at work. It's delivered by DPD so any delivery problems will really be down to them. They said on their fb that if they get bigger, they will make delivery free... we'll see, eh?

Anyways, I got my items... some were bigger than I expected, some were smaller. Jars are quite safe with all that polystyrene and bubblewrap. However, I had a box full of items (plastic bottles, chocolates, crisps and tins so nothing too bad), lifted the box and it fell through. Wasn't too impressed by that but I'm gonna take it as a one-off.

Anyway, my verdict? Not bad. I won't use them for a while because of the delivery but nice every now and then to stock up on snacks and cupboard foods.
We just received our first order from Approved Food and were pleased with the items but not so pleased with waiting in all day for a van which set out from Rushden early this morning and took until 4.40pm to deliver to Thorplands....the tracking promised we would find a one hour delivery slot... Will use them again but only if they promise a one hour delivery slot.... or even a 2 hour slot,but won't wait in all day again.
Avoid now, totally lost there marbles with out of date food prices!
bigsofty

Avoid now, totally lost there marbles with out of date food prices!

*their and tbh marbles dont have a best before date
its not actually that much cheaper especially considering you are buying out of date food
http://s9.postimg.org/hpy9jn7tn/expire.jpg
Mark2111

That does make you think how wrong waste and rampant consumerism is

1st world problems.gif
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants