Short term car insurance help

Hello,

basically i need to renew my car insurance but i only need it for the next 5 months as i will be leaving the country.

I was wondering if anyone could recommmend a good insurance company who would be able to do this for me, as my current company swift cover will charge me £52 to cancel and then refund me %30 of the whole premium which is pretty naff

9 Comments

you need to try an Insurance broker. I often get short term insurance for my brother when he visits from Canada

If you renew with your current insurer they should only charge pro rata and give you a refund once you cancel, have you called them to check? Its normally different if you are a new customer to one that has renewed a policy

Original Poster

Have called to check and they said they won't

pay monthly and then cancel it after the last payment you want to make. simples.

how old and what kind of car? because i pay monthly with directline as my dad as first driver simply becasue it makes it dirt cheap (£30.31 a month) anyway my last car was the same set-up for insurance but the head gasket blew on the car and i simply cancelled the insurance and that was that.

However, for myself as first driver (i am 18) they want the full year's premium up front which i stuck 2 fingers upto.

Banned

why not just ask current insurer for a 5 month quote?

scott1295

how old and what kind of car? because i pay monthly with directline as my … how old and what kind of car? because i pay monthly with directline as my dad as first driver simply becasue it makes it dirt cheap (£30.31 a month) anyway my last car was the same set-up for insurance but the head gasket blew on the car and i simply cancelled the insurance and that was that. However, for myself as first driver (i am 18) they want the full year's premium up front which i stuck 2 fingers upto.

Fine as long as your Dad is the main driver.

mimosasttropez

you need to try an Insurance broker. I often get short term insurance for … you need to try an Insurance broker. I often get short term insurance for my brother when he visits from Canada

Yes, I would also recommend an insurance broker. they are pretty good at sorting things like that out.

Inactive

Fine as long as your Dad is the main driver.

Yes, otherwise it is 'fronting' and will nullify your policy.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2641
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions