Groups

Short term car rental - here in UK. Cheapest way?

My own car may be off the road for a couple of weeks. What's the best way to go about renting a car like a Fiesta / Focus for a couple of weeks to drive to and from work/social?

A quick search without trying very hard on a couple of big rental sites puts this around £265. I'm 50's, clean driving licence etc. UKHD'ers typically know a few tricks to keep it all sweet.

15 Comments

Also make sure to book your own Excess insurance rather than with the car hire. Much cheaper

I've found booking car pick up and drop off from a local airport tends to result in cheaper rentals

Try local company's and see if they can do you a deal.

A friend of mines recently sold his car and hired a car for £40pw incl of insurance. This is for the stop-gap while he finds another car.

Banned

im sick of looking for one while I'm in the hunt to buy a car.
    enterprise and eurocar charge £200 deposit and if anything happens like a scratch or something they will charge £1,100 on top!
    small mini cars are from £76 from eurocar and £90 from enterprise.

how would you know what can happen to the car in your possession, someone might key it or abit of chip might go bigger while your on motorway.

Banned

mubashar

A friend of mines recently sold his car and hired a car for £40pw incl of … A friend of mines recently sold his car and hired a car for £40pw incl of insurance. This is for the stop-gap while he finds another car.

​wow, that's cheap.
    do you know who it's with plz . I really need one too. currently the excess is putting me off

sofiasar

im sick of looking for one while I'm in the hunt to buy a car. enterprise … im sick of looking for one while I'm in the hunt to buy a car. enterprise and eurocar charge £200 deposit and if anything happens like a scratch or something they will charge £1,100 on top!small mini cars are from £76 from eurocar and £90 from enterprise. how would you know what can happen to the car in your possession, someone might key it or abit of chip might go bigger while your on motorway.

I can't see you in a small mini type car!!

Banned

Gollywood

I can't see you in a small mini type car!!

​why? I'm I too fat lol

sofiasar

​why? I'm I too fat lol

No you joker! You're a sporty Audi driver, that's why! I have no idea how short, tall, fat, skinny you are!!!

mubashar

A friend of mines recently sold his car and hired a car for £40pw incl of … A friend of mines recently sold his car and hired a car for £40pw incl of insurance. This is for the stop-gap while he finds another car.

​where?

Banned

Gollywood

No you joker! You're a sporty Audi driver, that's why! I have no idea … No you joker! You're a sporty Audi driver, that's why! I have no idea how short, tall, fat, skinny you are!!!

​lol. IV sold it.

sofiasar

​lol. IV sold it.

From Audi to Mini...... oO

Banned

Gollywood

​lol.

Banned

Gollywood

I can see all the foreign names have been voted cold!
    Bigot's again
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions