Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Should all deals be posted?

Posted 20th Sep
Today I posted a deal for a De'Longhi coffee machine. Incredible reduction from 169.99 to 29.00 on eBay.
After posting these then sold out within minutes. It's been suggested that one person may have bought multiple.
Reading through the comments since expiring the deal it seems that many people that use the site already knew about this deal but didn't post it.
My question is therefore do you think that all deals should be posted?
I'm sure the site itself would say yes as they will receive an affiliate link bonus no matter if they are all bought up by 1 person.
Has the site become a place for scalpers and should something be done about it. (eg should members who don't give anything back to the site, excluding revenues they generate have their accounts suspended?)
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
"I'm sure the site itself would say yes as they will receive an affiliate link bonus no matter if they are all bought up by 1 person."

Contrary to popular belief, affiliate payments are not applicable on every link or with every merchant.
I'm afraid HUKD is just one of many deals sites , along with many other social media feeds , TBH if you find a great deal you are a bit daft posting it (In the hope of getting Heat ? ) before you have actually received your own order .

If it was incorrect pricing , many sellers will put it down to experience and honour 1 or 2 orders without realising . If they get dozens of orders (red flags waving like billyo ) they will simply cancel ALL orders (as they are perfectly entitled to do ) .
cecilmcroberts20/09/2019 22:28

https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/38507851

Do you think that would be the better way moving forward. Post under an original thread to ensure that only those people truly I treated would see it?
deleted90213920/09/2019 22:37

I'm afraid HUKD is just one of many deals sites , along with many other …I'm afraid HUKD is just one of many deals sites , along with many other social media feeds , TBH if you find a great deal you are a bit daft posting it (In the hope of getting Heat ? ) before you have actually received your own order .If it was incorrect pricing , many sellers will put it down to experience and honour 1 or 2 orders without realising . If they get dozens of orders (red flags waving like billyo ) they will simply cancel ALL orders (as they are perfectly entitled to do ) .

Great advice but I've always seen the site as a community where we can help each other. Maybe I'm just being naive....
fanpages20/09/2019 22:29

"I'm sure the site itself would say yes as they will receive an affiliate …"I'm sure the site itself would say yes as they will receive an affiliate link bonus no matter if they are all bought up by 1 person."Contrary to popular belief, affiliate payments are not applicable on every link or with every merchant.

Pretty sure eBay would be one that the site gets an affiliate commision off. Understandably local deals in-store are a different matter all together.
Maverick7720/09/2019 22:38

Do you think that would be the better way moving forward. Post under an …Do you think that would be the better way moving forward. Post under an original thread to ensure that only those people truly I treated would see it?

Personally no, not everyone is as much of an addict to notice it was "posted" by an update comment before your own post lol.
cecilmcroberts20/09/2019 22:42

Personally no, not everyone is as much of an addict to notice it was …Personally no, not everyone is as much of an addict to notice it was "posted" by an update comment before your own post lol.

I didn't notice it until the guy who had posted the updated comment pointed it out
I only realised as I had the item added to my eBay watch list.
Maverick7720/09/2019 22:43

I didn't notice it until the guy who had posted the updated comment …I didn't notice it until the guy who had posted the updated comment pointed it out :pI only realised as I had the item added to my eBay watch list.

I just happen, often on the app look at the commented section and pay attention mainly to anything over a few days old. Mind you didn't even buy one as still have my bargain from amazon warehouse deals around 4 years ago, nabbed a Melitta for £70 odd.
I'm not really sure that I get what the issue is here. There was a Delonghi Bean To Cup coffe machine that was reduced from £170 to £30, of course the current stock was going to sell out in minutes! There are probably hundreds if not thousands of people browsing HUKD at any point, if are mega deal like this comes up you can't really blame people for buying it. With regards to the idea that one person bought up multiple stock, firstly how can you tell that, and secondly, does it really matter anyway? Listings from outlet stores like that are semi-permanent anyway, this item has most likely been in and out of stock at various prices many times. Just because it shows "647 sold" it doesn't mean that they they were all bought today or even during this particular live listing.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 21st Sep
cecilmcroberts20/09/2019 22:48

I just happen, often on the app look at the commented section and pay …I just happen, often on the app look at the commented section and pay attention mainly to anything over a few days old. Mind you didn't even buy one as still have my bargain from amazon warehouse deals around 4 years ago, nabbed a Melitta for £70 odd.

Still going strong then?
Maverick7720/09/2019 22:49

Still going strong then?

Yup it's never missed a beat, well worth the money. Was off the .de site as for some reason they always cheaper even normally for Melitta brand. Though think the decimal point was in the wrong place!
Haircut_10020/09/2019 22:48

I'm not really sure that I get what the issue is here. There was a …I'm not really sure that I get what the issue is here. There was a Delonghi Bean To Cup coffe machine that was reduced from £170 to £30, of course the current stock was going to sell out in minutes! There are probably hundreds if not thousands of people browsing HUKD at any point, if are mega deal like this comes up you can't really blame people for buying it. With regards to the idea that one person bought up multiple stock, firstly how can you tell that, and secondly, does it really matter anyway? Listings from outlet stores like that are semi-permanent anyway, this item has most likely been in and out of stock at various prices many times. Just because it shows "647 sold" it doesn't mean that they they wee all bought today or even during this particular live listing.

I totally agree with everything you've said but what I'm asking is was i right to post it or like another poster did update it in the comments on a previous thread (deal had been live 4 hours before I posted)...
Edited by: "Maverick77" 20th Sep
cecilmcroberts20/09/2019 22:53

Yup it's never missed a beat, well worth the money. Was off the .de site …Yup it's never missed a beat, well worth the money. Was off the .de site as for some reason they always cheaper even normally for Melitta brand. Though think the decimal point was in the wrong place!

I've ordered a few board games from Amazon Germany before. Even with the postage they still seem to come out cheaper
Maverick7720/09/2019 22:53

I totally agree with everything you've said but what I'm asking is was i …I totally agree with everything you've said but what I'm asking is was i right to post it or like another poster did update it in the comments on a previous thread...

I don't think it really matters too much to be honest.
Stats. Approx 99 sold in 5 hours at £29. Most people bought only one, but one person bought 12 and another bought 5. Click on "647 sold" to see stats.
donster21/09/2019 01:06

Stats. Approx 99 sold in 5 hours at £29. Most people bought only one, but …Stats. Approx 99 sold in 5 hours at £29. Most people bought only one, but one person bought 12 and another bought 5. Click on "647 sold" to see stats.

Thanks, I had no idea that you could do that to see if people were buying in multiples.
Damn I missed that. Would have loved that.
If it could potentially be a pricing error or a glitch, then wait for yours to despatch and then post away. If it shows very low stock, let your family and friends know first then post if any are left.
That's a huge reduction - gotta be a mistake but lovely if they honour it - and highly annoying to the last person that paid £159 before it plummeted to £29!

I think all deals should be posted, nothing worse that some brat bragging about the 55" OLED they got for £18 a week after it arrived and never posting the deal, however unlikely it was to succeed.
Edited by: "spannerzone" 21st Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants