Should be the deal of the Year!

Found 16th Apr
Best deal for inproving your life.

Get off FACEBOOK!

I tried this with sceptism about 8 months ago, and after the initial 2 months of withdrawal, I haven't looked back.
No more looking at fake news and friends, no more pretentious posts of how well people kids are doing at school. No more pictures of short term happy holidays with fake smiles.

Do yourself a favour and improve your life for good!

m.facebook.com/acc…ete
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Never actually used it myself (even though I've had years of odd looks from everyone else that lived every second of their lives on it).
Never been on facebook. Never intend to go on it either
21 Comments
Should not be deal of the year... Should be deal of the century. The only time I have looked at Facebook in the last year was when I wanted to buy a caravan. Messenger was handy then, but no more..
Never actually used it myself (even though I've had years of odd looks from everyone else that lived every second of their lives on it).
Original Poster
Wongy1107 m ago

Surely 'deal of the year' would be not joining in the first place ?

A lot of people did in the past, some of my "friends" setup accounts for their grandparents, even their dogs....

Honestly, difficult as it is at first when you wake up and spend 15 minutes in bed not scrolling down the newsfeed, you will soon forget it ever existed.

You will then find yourself grinning a little when you're having a meal out and you see couples just not talking and scrolling down facebook on their phones.
Chiptivo1 m ago

A lot of people did in the past, some of my "friends" setup accounts for …A lot of people did in the past, some of my "friends" setup accounts for their grandparents, even their dogs.... Honestly, difficult as it is at first when you wake up and spend 15 minutes in bed not scrolling down the newsfeed, you will soon forget it ever existed. You will then find yourself grinning a little when you're having a meal out and you see couples just not talking and scrolling down facebook on their phones.

Never been on facebook. Never intend to go on it either
I've dipped my toe on a couple of occasions. People I didn't want to know face to face decades ago suddenly appear like creepy crawlies from under a rock. No thanks, I disliked you then, what could have possibly changed!
Stopped using Facebook ages ago. Didn’t delete my account but just never post or look at it.
And here come the sheeple hating on Facebook cus the media are telling them too.

I don't really use it at all but it certainly has some use.

The key is just don't live your life by it and as with most things, it was/is your choice to use it in the first place.
Original Poster
My post is aimed at people who use it but are scared to delete it in case they are cast away as friends or will struggle without it.
Nothing to do with sheeping or the media.
Try it, it's liberating.
Only social media I’ve ever used Is a family wassap, never understood the whole Facebook thing, always seemed pretty unhealthy.
Try and take things a step further and start to reduce your smart phone time and spend longer in the ‘real world’.
For me cycling and sport in general is a real life saver, and long walks in the countryside.
Not preaching to anyone, just saying what I believe works.
Edited by: "cycleman" 16th Apr
Twitter too?
OllieSt1 h, 34 m ago

I've dipped my toe on a couple of occasions. People I didn't want to know …I've dipped my toe on a couple of occasions. People I didn't want to know face to face decades ago suddenly appear like creepy crawlies from under a rock. No thanks, I disliked you then, what could have possibly changed!

Your post is almost identical to my response when I was invited to a school reunion. Some people have the shortest memories
cycleman52 m ago

Only social media I’ve ever used Is a family wassap, never understood the w …Only social media I’ve ever used Is a family wassap, never understood the whole Facebook thing, always seemed pretty unhealthy.Try and take things a step further and start to reduce your smart phone time and spend longer in the ‘real world’.For me cycling and sport in general is a real life saver, and long walks in the countryside.Not preaching to anyone, just saying what I believe works.

......yet you couldn't resist......
deleted1431257
Facebook is the cesspit of humanity.
Next you will be telling alcoholics it would be good to give up alcohol, but for us who like one or two on the weekend (or in this case the occasional browse) there is no harm done.

I never really used Facebook, but now see it as a time capsule where friends and family post pictures they have taken over time, as well as a timeline of events. I don't have photo albums and am I really going to go back through the thousands of digital photos I have now? or just have a convenient place to view ones people cherish. Also keeping up with news and contact with lesser seen peeps. So many uses.
Edited by: "catbeans" 16th Apr
Just found the latest statistics on Facebook usage, 2.13bn worldwide, that's more than a quarter of the world's population.
I can't be the only one who finds it just a bit worrying that one company holds personal information on so many.

zephoria.com/top…cs/
But I love Facebook. I love seeing what people I didn’t talk to at school 20 years ago are having for dinner
Google too?
Personally I've never used it, I just about have time to catch up with my real life friends without trying to fit in news of people I knew once long ago . Let's face it , if you were truly friends you would make time for those people. Maybe it's a generational thing too, I didn't grow up with it , so never felt the need for it. My children , late teen & early twenties say that their generation only use it to DM each other and rarely post as they have outgrown it.
rogparki17 h, 16 m ago

Never been on facebook , why would any sane person want to be ? Unless …Never been on facebook , why would any sane person want to be ? Unless having more non existent "friends " that your real mates is important to you ?

I set up an account (with no personal information, other than my name) so I could post on Hotpoint's facebook page to get my tumble dryer's fire modification, having been waiting for months, got an appointment within about a week, also used it on a second occasion to get a bank holiday discount I'd missed out on from Wicks when their site went down the previous day when I was trying to place a largish order.

So it can be useful, on rare occasions.
Edited by: "melted" 17th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions