Should CEX & Other Vouchers be permitted for trade on HUKD?

Posted 19th AprEdited by:"Bashop"
Hi
I've been using this site for about 5 years, one thing I used to do was buy cex vouchers.

HUKD decided to move this to Lokal.com which I respected and have tried to buy vouchers on this site.

The truth is though that almost nobody uses Lokal for anything. The last 3 CEX postings is like dating back over a year.

One person demanding Bank Transfer only for a £470 voucher!

When it was on here there was more control over how this was conducted and it was probably the only market place for gamers and what not to post adverts.

I spoke with HUKD about this who rightly explained that problems could occur with people basically being robbed by paying by bank rather than using paypal.

The last thing anyone wants is for this to happen, but if there were some way to implement the trading of CEX and other vouchers, safely, I feel a great deal of people would both use, and appreciate the facility greatly.

Given that Lokal seems to have little activity, with ppl asking for bank transfers and what not, would it not be possible to:

Create an area here, where vouchers could be traded.
Payment ONLY by Paypal as a Transaction, enforced, with any deviation from this resulting in a ban. HUKD accepting no liability for any activities resulting in the loss of money.

Then once you have agreed to these terms, you can trade. MOD's can report, its kept clean, and it brings something that the community used quite a lot, back in house, where I feel, it belongs. I don't know about goods, but vouchers could be a positive thing, in helping those who need the cash. Not all of us are wealthy!

Let me know your thoughts
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Getting rid of the for sale/trade section was just one of the most backwards decisions this site has ever done.
20 Comments
its to much effort for hukd to do that for sure (and listing to randoms moan, when issues with it)

as ya it would have to be only paypal to keep people safe (and then only paypal transaction, not gift as gift keeps you about as safe a a condom with holes in, as you cant claim back a gift payment it in the name) so the sellers wouldnt want that as then they would have to pay the 3.4% to paypal, or the buyers would have to add 3.4% more, as sellers wouldnt go lower than what they know they can get else where, and safely (not zeek not ebay) but a fixed 79% of value with no risk to them of added costs

so ya trades so not every coming back here, until dec and it will be just the flame deers
Getting rid of the for sale/trade section was just one of the most backwards decisions this site has ever done.
deleted701517
It won't happen. It used a disproportionate amount of mod time for no return to HUKD which makes its money from clickthroughs not from trades. It populated the forums with whinging threads from people who had been scammed, usually their own stupid fault for not following the HUKD trading rules. These reflect badly on the integrity of the HUKD brand.

There's a reason vouchers are hard to trade anywhere - they're hard to trade.

Best to buy/sell with family and friends.
Edited by: "deleted701517" 19th Apr
deleted70151719/04/2019 11:11

It won't happen. It used a disproportionate amount of mod time for no …It won't happen. It used a disproportionate amount of mod time for no return to HUKD which makes its money from clickthroughs not from trades. It populated the forums with whinging threads from people who had been scammed, usually their own stupid fault for not following the HUKD trading rules. These reflect badly on the integrity of the HUKD brand.There's a reason vouchers are hard to trade anywhere - they're hard to trade.Best to buy/sell with family and friends.

all good points besides
vouchers are hard to trade
over the last year i sold over oh hell im not even adding that all up (thought well looking at my account history), 58 vouchers cex and amazon all to one site all for a flat 21% and 15% discount (and not zeek or ebay)
tho ya for some google is hard to use

tho ya like i said trades will never come back until the deers in dec
deleted701517
no281319/04/2019 11:22

all good points besides vouchers are hard to trade over the last year i …all good points besides vouchers are hard to trade over the last year i sold over oh hell im not even adding that all up (thought well looking at my account history), 58 vouchers cex and amazon all to one site all for a flat 21% and 15% discount (and not zeek or ebay)tho ya for some google is hard to usetho ya like i said trades will never come back until the deers in dec

If there's such a surefire place to sell safely, why so coy about naming it? Lokal is dead, there's no restriction on guiding people to a better place if, of course, one exists.
deleted70151719/04/2019 11:29

If there's such a surefire place to sell safely, why so coy about naming …If there's such a surefire place to sell safely, why so coy about naming it? Lokal is dead, there's no restriction on guiding people to a better place if, of course, one exists.

oh i named it a few times (on here not on this topic ofc but in general)
CARD YARD, tho ya not the fastest turn around, (less so with re gift cards, needed posted via snailmail) tho 100% safe, can even back up with images of payments so on
Edited by: "no2813" 19th Apr
Just use AVForums for voucher trading.
Unless payment upfront I have/would not trade with anyone.
Move to av forums. If hotdeals wants to be greedy by not helping us we need to move on!
I sell my cex there now
I can understand why HUKD has removed this, as it was regulating itself and causing hassle for people who wanted to abuse it.

I haven't seen any activity in AVforums for these codes. As far as I am aware this has just stopped.

What I proposed was a way for people to trade vouchers but with strict rules so as to relieve the site of any liability, be gone with unreasonable expectations ppl pander to, and connect people who need connecting, who tend to be on here anyway as this happens to be a place they frequent.

As far as paypal fees go, this is easily worked into the price, simply take it, or leave it (the fees are actually very small but some ppl try to inflate them, or not split them).
Edited by: "Bashop" 19th Apr
No, it’ll just bring scammers here
I bet if we were able to buy/sell again i could stop spending all my time on ebay looking for a 6gb gtx1060 for under £120 as someone would have one on here for sale.

Frustrating we can't do it, but fully understand why it's not allowed as it's just one big ballache.
Edited by: "m1keyp1key" 19th Apr
m1keyp1key19/04/2019 17:10

I bet if we were able to buy/sell again i could stop spending all my time …I bet if we were able to buy/sell again i could stop spending all my time on ebay looking for a 6gb gtx1060 for under £120 as someone would have one on here for sale. Frustrating we can't do it, but fully understand why it's not allowed as it's just one big ballache.

292984261745 £113.99

not that time consuming, mfg refub 12 month warrenty
no28134 m ago

292984261745 £113.99 not that time consuming, mfg refub 12 month warrenty

Thanks but needs to be the 6gb one.....and as you're helping and I don't want to come across as being pedantic if you do find something, it must also have a 0rpm mode for the fan while surfing/doing office work.
deleted701517
Bashop2 h, 46 m ago

I can understand why HUKD has removed this, as it was regulating itself …I can understand why HUKD has removed this, as it was regulating itself and causing hassle for people who wanted to abuse it.I haven't seen any activity in AVforums for these codes. As far as I am aware this has just stopped.What I proposed was a way for people to trade vouchers but with strict rules so as to relieve the site of any liability, be gone with unreasonable expectations ppl pander to, and connect people who need connecting, who tend to be on here anyway as this happens to be a place they frequent.As far as paypal fees go, this is easily worked into the price, simply take it, or leave it (the fees are actually very small but some ppl try to inflate them, or not split them).

Who pays for creating the area, developing and policing the rules and sorting out the inevitable messes? HUKD has already tried and decided it's not in their business interest. What's changed, apart from the fact that Lokal is a dismal failure. It's clear HUKD didn't care whether Lokal sank or swam so why should they care to develop a replacement now?
Caroline_199310 h, 26 m ago

Getting rid of the for sale/trade section was just one of the most …Getting rid of the for sale/trade section was just one of the most backwards decisions this site has ever done.

And getting rid of the coffee machine & replacing the toilet roll with an inferior brand
I think if the site were to survey the gaming community on here, they would think what I have suggested would be a good idea.
Bashop23 m ago

I think if the site were to survey the gaming community on here, they …I think if the site were to survey the gaming community on here, they would think what I have suggested would be a good idea.

good idea SURE

not worth they time to implant, or enforce, not so much,

they are or places to both buy and sell safely, so who cares
mds125619/04/2019 11:42

Just use AVForums for voucher trading.

AVForums is fine if you're selling them, you need to spot them being posted pretty instantly if you have any chance of buying them though. The same few users seem to buy up every CEX voucher straight away there whether it's for £10 or £1000, pretty obvious they're doing it to make profit.
Zooicidal2 h, 18 m ago

AVForums is fine if you're selling them, you need to spot them being …AVForums is fine if you're selling them, you need to spot them being posted pretty instantly if you have any chance of buying them though. The same few users seem to buy up every CEX voucher straight away there whether it's for £10 or £1000, pretty obvious they're doing it to make profit.

no profit in it, they just doing it to buy over priced stuff cheaper (as not real way to profit of a cex voucher, ya you can resell them for a few pounds more, many easier games to play for profit tho)

you can make a wanted post, tho most sellers will still sell to others anyways, not all tho, some if they offer you something will stick to the first they offer it to
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions