Should Chinese deals for high value items include Customs & VAT in the price?

Found 23rd Nov 2017
Lots of UK deals get hammered if they omit delivery costs, yet few deals for high value items from China include the potential Customs & VAT charges - it seems unfair.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
deleted79467
my last high value order (£360 )from china flew through cusoms quicker than lewis Hamilton's jet
mattmerch12 m ago

my last high value order (£360 )from china flew through cusoms quicker …my last high value order (£360 )from china flew through cusoms quicker than lewis Hamilton's jet

Is it guaranteed?
Definitely. Even cashback deals have to show the full price.
I just don’t think they should be advertised here, there’s the whole paying cash for favourable posts just to start with. No real warranty or returns etc it’s just crazy they now allow it. If we were talking about a uk sales site that followed similar business practices they would have been banned
Think this is a good point - I buy a lot from China but am aware of the VAT (£15) and customs duty (£135) levels - many first time buyers may not be and could be surprised if hit with the additional charge.

An additional stanard sentence on all deals from non EU countries could warn of the potential charge.

All that said - I've never been charged any VAT or duty - but there is always a first time!
deleted79467
nice to see the best argument come here ppl you don't agree with are sheep cant argue with logic like that
mattmerch2 h, 54 m ago

nice to see the best argument come here ppl you don't agree with are sheep …nice to see the best argument come here ppl you don't agree with are sheep cant argue with logic like that

No idea what you mean
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants