Should Cinema screens become Faraday cages?

Found 28th Nov 2017
So I'm sitting in the cinema and within my field of view, throughout the film, random aholes are getting their phones out - to WhatsApps, text, surf instead of just watching the film. Now if they pay their money and don't want to watch it, fine, but why distract everyone else and draw attention to their addiction? If the WhatsApps, text, surf is important, FO and do it outside the screen.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

I remember the olden days, when people used to download movies.
They were simpler times back then.
50 Comments

says the person posting to HUKD whilst sitting in the cinema lol

have a faraday cage around the screen and set off an EMP just to be sure you got them all.
Edited by: "superspeedy" 28th Nov 2017

Original Poster

aau17 m ago

says the person posting to HUKD whilst sitting in the cinema lol

Haha I was writing past tense

I remember the olden days, when people used to download movies.
They were simpler times back then.

One of the reasons I don't go to the cinema anymore.

People still go to the cinema? How quaint.

MSK.6 m ago

People still go to the cinema? How quaint.

You sound like Error.

DT891 m ago

You sound like Error.

No, if I was Error I would be complaining that the film wasn't projected with a cine camera and that people don't still eat jellied eels instead of popcorn.

A grappling arm should whisk them up in the air and violently shake them or should that be, shake them violently? Nothing worse.

CookinBat15 m ago

A grappling arm should whisk them up in the air and violently shake them …A grappling arm should whisk them up in the air and violently shake them or should that be, shake them violently? Nothing worse.

I would have thought reintroducing an old-fashioned cinema attendant with a torch and a disapproving glare would suffice.

32596282-Mygfr.jpg

catbeans52 m ago

One of the reasons I don't go to the cinema anymore.

Snap.

Saturn34 m ago

I would have thought reintroducing an old-fashioned cinema attendant with …I would have thought reintroducing an old-fashioned cinema attendant with a torch and a disapproving glare would suffice.[Image]

People just wouldn't pay attention or complain that they payed for the movie, then everyone would take out their phones and start filming.
Edited by: "catbeans" 28th Nov 2017

Last went in 2006 during term time, but unknown to me a local school was closed for the day. There were kids running in and out the whole time. I complained to staff but they didn't do anything. At the end of the film I realised I didn't have a clue what had happened. Spoke to the manager and got our money back, whilst I was doing that, other customers saw what was going on and formed a queue behind me. Turns out the kids were watching 2 movies at the same time and running back and forward between them.
Edited by: "Pandamansays" 28th Nov 2017

DT891 h, 10 m ago

You sound like Error.

Yeah, what happened to Error ???

Saturn58 m ago

I would have thought reintroducing an old-fashioned cinema attendant with …I would have thought reintroducing an old-fashioned cinema attendant with a torch and a disapproving glare would suffice.[Image]

Brilliant idea.

summerof7624 m ago

Yeah, what happened to Error ???

She changed her name to summat reet poncey and Japanese sounding. Attitude is the same though

CookinBat1 h, 28 m ago

A grappling arm should whisk them up in the air and violently shake them …A grappling arm should whisk them up in the air and violently shake them or should that be, shake them violently? Nothing worse.

MSK.1 h, 37 m ago

No, if I was Error I would be complaining that the film wasn't projected …No, if I was Error I would be complaining that the film wasn't projected with a cine camera and that people don't still eat jellied eels instead of popcorn.

Don't forget pearl and dean

Last film I watched was the Blade Runner sequel and hardly anyone there but the loudest film I've ever heard at the cinema and at a few points the speakers behind me couldn't handle it.
Overall it was well worth it though especially with the Meerkat 2 for 1 code.

psychobitchfromhell46 m ago

Don't forget pearl and dean

I've had hypnotism therapy trying to forget those as I really don't like ice skating.

Saturn3 h, 35 m ago

You know who this is right folks?

I think you just need designated seats at the back for people who use their phones. This is more of a mental health issue than anything else as some people have anxiety issues.

DT897 h, 8 m ago

You sound like Error.

I go to cinema, but only cos i found one that costs a fiver, takes a while to get to on the bus tho

psychobitchfromhell5 h, 35 m ago

She changed her name to summat reet poncey and Japanese sounding. Attitude …She changed her name to summat reet poncey and Japanese sounding. Attitude is the same though

Nothing poncey about the official mascot of sega saturn

Segata-Sanshiro10 m ago

Nothing poncey about the official mascot of sega saturn

It's a made up person from a made up game.

psychobitchfromhell2 m ago

It's a made up person from a made up game.

Actually its a real person who's a parady of a person from a TV show, used for advertising.

Segata-Sanshiro14 m ago

Actually its a real person who's a parady of a person from a TV show, used …Actually its a real person who's a parady of a person from a TV show, used for advertising.

So is that a parody on a parody or are you a parody on a parody on a parody?

psychobitchfromhell42 s ago

So is that a parody on a parody or are you a parody on a parody on a …So is that a parody on a parody or are you a parody on a parody on a parody?

Bored are you?

Segata-Sanshiro8 m ago

Bored are you?

Nope. Don't have time to be bored. Are you ?

psychobitchfromhell3 m ago

No, just wondering why i keep getting notifications on the other side of my screen, all very strange but I'm flattered you dragged me into this off topic convo, honest.

Think the last time I was at the Cinema it was to see Fury.

In my opinion Cinemas should be totally sterile environments. Attendees should be catheterised, tied to their chair with specific attention paid to them not being able to move their hands. Depending on the duration of the feature a saline IV drip me also be appropriate to avoid dehydration on older folk.

In all seriousness the Cinema’s just not worth it for me. Cost wise, plus dealing with people on their phones, rustling packaging, talking, getting up etc. I’d much rather stay at home and stream/download and have the ability to pause and stare menacingly at someone who talks.
Edited by: "freakstyler" 29th Nov 2017

freakstyler19 m ago

Think the last time I was at the Cinema it was to see Fury.In my opinion …Think the last time I was at the Cinema it was to see Fury.In my opinion Cinemas should be totally sterile environments. Attendees should be catheterised, tied to their chair with specific attention paid to them not being able to move their hands. Depending on the duration of the feature a saline IV drip me also be appropriate to avoid dehydration on older folk. In all seriousness the Cinema’s just not worth it for me. Cost wise, plus dealing with people on their phones, rustling packaging, talking, getting up etc. I’d much rather stay at home and stream/download and have the ability to pause and stare menacingly at someone who talks.

If its you do you keep a mirror nearby?

Members only cinemas where feckless scallies, loud talkers and chatty people aren't welcome is the future I reckon.

Segata-Sanshiro1 h, 1 m ago

No, just wondering why i keep getting notifications on the other side of …No, just wondering why i keep getting notifications on the other side of my screen, all very strange but I'm flattered you dragged me into this off topic convo, honest.

How nice. Not a Scooby doo why you get notifications. Maybe it is because I am one of the few people left
who are prepared to listen to your foul vitriolic comments. And yes, I did read the one about Prince Harry and Meghan marckle that you deleted. Even by your standards that was low.
I remember last year miles arranging a gift for you because life at that time was not good. I was happy to contribute because I thought it might get you back on your feet and restore your faith in human nature. Seems I was wrong.

my best cinema story going to see donnie darko
a guy started to translate the film for his partner who i guess did not speak english
2 minutes later usher asked him to stop speaking they both decided to leave
luckily was a cinema that actually has/had usher prince charles off leicster squre
Edited by: "mattmerch" 29th Nov 2017

psychobitchfromhell2 h, 36 m ago

How nice. Not a Scooby doo why you get notifications. Maybe it is because …How nice. Not a Scooby doo why you get notifications. Maybe it is because I am one of the few people leftwho are prepared to listen to your foul vitriolic comments. And yes, I did read the one about Prince Harry and Meghan marckle that you deleted. Even by your standards that was low. I remember last year miles arranging a gift for you because life at that time was not good. I was happy to contribute because I thought it might get you back on your feet and restore your faith in human nature. Seems I was wrong.

I didn't delete anything, and my lack of faith in human nature is well founded as you yourself prove. I couldn't care less who listens to me or not

psychobitchfromhell2 h, 56 m ago

How nice. Not a Scooby doo why you get notifications. Maybe it is because …How nice. Not a Scooby doo why you get notifications. Maybe it is because I am one of the few people leftwho are prepared to listen to your foul vitriolic comments. And yes, I did read the one about Prince Harry and Meghan marckle that you deleted. Even by your standards that was low. I remember last year miles arranging a gift for you because life at that time was not good. I was happy to contribute because I thought it might get you back on your feet and restore your faith in human nature. Seems I was wrong.

I don't go to the cinema very often but lately i have been going to the cineworld VIP, i finish early on a friday so can go when nobody else does and i am generally there with just my other half. It is perfect.

Nah I wouldn't bother folk will still find a way to annoy the hell out of you.

Hence why I haven't been to the cinema for at least 12 years and cant see a good reason to go back.

psychobitchfromhell14 h, 25 m ago

Funny that. Because you said something nasty about her before she joined the thread. Then you asked her (accused her of?) something, she politely explained and you tried to rip get one again.

Just like you ripped into another member you've probably never spoken to the other day at 4 in the morning. You appear to be quite bored or unsatisfied.

Yes, yes. I still remember you have a cat.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions