Groups

Should ebay ban Note 7 listings?

Given the huge media attention surrounding the Note 7, and an unprecedented recall, it comes as no suprise that the chancers are scrambling to make a quick buck on what they describe as a now rare item.

Samsung is clearly concerned enough to issue a global recall, so should ebay step in and do their part for safety's sake? Or will ebay just be ebay and not give a ****?

17 Comments

Ebay will be Ebay and not give a **** I guess.

They should pull the listings on safety grounds though.
    Edited by moderator: "Potty mouth" 13th Oct 2016

If people are thick enough to pay for them why not!!

no, they make good firelighters

there's a millions potentially more risky and dangerous electrical products on ebay. at the end of the day you buying them on your own risk.

Well, Samsung have still not been in contact with me about mine. Even though I was the first 1000 to buy one from them, absolute joke.
    Edited by: "benjammin316" 13th Oct 2016

The CEX in my city still has two in the window!

benjammin316

Well, Samsung have still not been in contact with me about mine. Even … Well, Samsung have still not been in contact with me about mine. Even though I was the first 1000 to buy one from them, absolute joke.

I would give them a call as even if your phone is thermally sound, are Samsung going to provide updates etc I doubt it.

Buyer beware.

doh, if its those with a green battery indicator on the screen then they are fine.

ssc1

doh, if its those with a green battery indicator on the screen then they … doh, if its those with a green battery indicator on the screen then they are fine.

Nah it's not. Even they have issues now apparently. Check Samsung website.

Banned

Krooner

The CEX in my city still has two in the window!

It's kind of "rare" hence why it's getting exposure.

I wonder what Samsung will do with the millions of Note7 phones they have? Strip them down and reuse the components for another model?

Spasho

It's kind of "rare" hence why it's getting exposure.

I suppose so yeah, I didn't notice the price, but i imagine it's creeping up on ebay

snow18

I wonder what Samsung will do with the millions of Note7 phones they … I wonder what Samsung will do with the millions of Note7 phones they have? Strip them down and reuse the components for another model?

The screens definitely and maybe the battery it depends on if the battery is actually at fault or the overall design, its probably not worth paying some foxconn slaves to sit there unsoldiering every component tho

Banned

snow18

I wonder what Samsung will do with the millions of Note7 phones they … I wonder what Samsung will do with the millions of Note7 phones they have? Strip them down and reuse the components for another model?

The latter, likely. Would be a waste to destroy them altogether.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win £30,000 and a Parkdean Holiday Home with ITV Daytime (Postal/Text/Phone…99
      2. E: 23/10 (+4) Win £40,000, Mercedes GLA & Cliveden House Trip with X Factor…44
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3999
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515

See more discussions