EXPIRED

Should Farmers be taxed????????????????

Banned

We all know about road tax bandings on cars, which are dependant on CO2 emisions and rightly so. (Why should drivers who polute pay the same as someone who doesn't?)

The environment is very important. If you want to polute... then you pay. Simples.

So it got me thinking. There are lots of things out there that polute. One of the biggest culprits are those flatulent bovine creatures who have all sorts of nasties being expelled from their backsides (amongst othr places!.)

So how much per cow do you think would be fair to tax the farmer for those Methane emisions? £200 per cow sounds reasonable to me.

Or (being a non beef eater, non milk drinker), would it be a better solution just to exterminate and erradicate mad cow decease at the same time. You know it makes sense.

Serious Thread (Seriously) - Entered under Finance, not nonsense. Please observe that fact and post accordingly.

64 Comments

I bet this thread will cause a bit of a stink and I don't see how it is possible for cows to pay tax, imagine the queue at the Inland Revenue Office!

Original Poster Banned

Predikuesi;6618125

I bet this thread will cause a bit of a stink and I don't see how it is … I bet this thread will cause a bit of a stink and I don't see how it is possible for cows to pay tax, imagine the queue at the Inland Revenue Office!

No, you've got it wrong. Cows don't work. (Seriously)

The farmer is the one who should pay. Someone needs to pay the price for polluting the environment.

A decent Rump steak is expensive enough without any of these vegan inspired ideas adding to the costs. But then again you might be on to something, if an adult cow is £200 in tax what would a Veal calf be in comparison? £20 in that case I am eating veal a lot more often.

Original Poster Banned

DKLS;6618138

A decent Rump steak is expensive enough without any of these vegan … A decent Rump steak is expensive enough without any of these vegan inspired ideas adding to the costs. But then again you might be on to something, if an adult cow is £200 in tax what would a Veal calf be in comparison? £20 in that case I am eating veal a lot more often.

Sounds good to me. It won't have had the chance to have done much damage. Get in while they're young.

I like that. :thumbsup:

Don't think Ronald McDonald will be too happy with your plan.

Original Poster Banned

greg_68;6618144

Don't think Ronald McDonald will be too happy with your plan.

Why?

Oh..... I've just fallen in.... You think they put beef in their products? (You maaaaad?)

guv;6618136

No, you've got it wrong. Cows don't work. (Seriously)

They have been working ok up until now! Brown cows eating green grass and producing white milk ....... keep up the good work daisy! :-D

I think the cows pay their dues on my breakfast in the morning and sizzling in the oven at night.

If you start charging farmers tax then the price of meat and milk etc will go up in price and will be really expensive.

What if a cow goes on a long haul flight for it's holiday, double whammy then. I suppose you want to put a stop to that too? Everyones entitled to at least one holiday a year.

Original Poster Banned

Predikuesi;6618151

They have been working ok up until now! Brown cows eating green grass and … They have been working ok up until now! Brown cows eating green grass and producing white milk ....... keep up the good work daisy! :-D

Brown colurs? Please keep racism out of this thread please. :thumbsup:

Syzable;6618155

I think the cows pay their dues on my breakfast in the morning and … I think the cows pay their dues on my breakfast in the morning and sizzling in the oven at night.

You have beef for breakfast?

Tanchi;6618163

If you start charging farmers tax then the price of meat and milk etc … If you start charging farmers tax then the price of meat and milk etc will go up in price and will be really expensive.

I dont drink milk or eat beef.

greg_68;6618172

What if a cow goes on a long haul flight for it's holiday, double whammy … What if a cow goes on a long haul flight for it's holiday, double whammy then. I suppose you want to put a stop to that too? Everyones entitled to at least one holiday a year.

They can get the ferry over to the Isle of Wight. Cowes is quite nice I hear!

guv;6618178

You have beef for breakfast?

Yes........on my Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. :-D

Has any one measured gaseous output from various farm animals? to see who is the worst culprit.

I saw some of the Tetley Shire horses at the weekend, and when one lifted its tail, and farted it was like a hairdryer going off.

guv;6618178

Brown colurs? Please keep racism out of this thread please. :thumbsup:

Point taken

http://i34.tinypic.com/2z57y2e.jpg

guv;6618178

Oh thats okay then :?

I thought this was going to be a thread about farmers not having to pay fuel duty...........I've been stuck behind tractors for 10 miles. I mean where the hell was he going? shouldn't the farmer get a field closer to home..........

As for tax on cows -at the end of the day the consumer (ie us) would end up paying...........not the farmer. So no

guv;6618178

What about the rest of your family?

What about places like Alton Towers...................should they pay more tax as their Methane levels are surely higher than the norm. :whistling:

Actually you have a point ,The world would be a lot better of with less cows as one of the biggest problems is it takes ten times more land to feed cows than it takes to produce the same amount of food energy in the form of grain.

What about Milton Keynes, should there be higher taxes there?

Syzable;6618233

What about places like Alton Towers...................should they pay … What about places like Alton Towers...................should they pay more tax as their Methane levels are surely higher than the norm. :whistling:

........and what about cans of baked beans? should they be taxed more?

gari189;6618256

........and what about cans of baked beans? should they be taxed more?

And Sprouts. (back to the farmers again. :-D )

lol yeah make farmers pay more tax so Tesco\Asda\Sainsbury\Morrisons\Co-Op can bully them for more price reductions it becomes too expensive so everyone doesn't buy British and the we have no farmers.................sounds good to me.

ffs

Alfonse;6618280

lol yeah make farmers pay more tax so Tesco can bully them for more price … lol yeah make farmers pay more tax so Tesco can bully them for more price reductions it becomes too expensive so everyone doesn't buy British and the we have no farmers.................sounds good to me.

:lol: Why does everyone always state Tesco?? All of the supermarkets do it.

Because ASDA put photo's of farmers on their food so they must treat them ok :whistling:

As I don't have a TV I like the Californian idea to tax large plasma and LCD tvs.

latimes.com/bus…ory

The environment is very important. If you want to polute... then you pay. … The environment is very important. If you want to polute... then you pay. Simples.

Who should you pay to and what should be done with the money?

jaclec;6618390

As I don't have a TV I like the Californian idea to tax large plasma and … As I don't have a TV I like the Californian idea to tax large plasma and LCD tvs.http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-bigtvs14-2009oct14,0,4908205.story Who should you pay to and what should be done with the money?

But you save on TV licensce :-D

And it should go to me............to maintain my fleet of hummers. ;-)

Just a quick point. Nearly all the methane produced by cows is actually from their mouths, not the other end. Maybe gas masks could be fitted?
Would farmers also get tax relief on all the trees, hedgerows, plants & wildlife on their land?

Original Poster Banned

DKLS;6618207

Has any one measured gaseous output from various farm animals? to see who … Has any one measured gaseous output from various farm animals? to see who is the worst culprit.I saw some of the Tetley Shire horses at the weekend, and when one lifted its tail, and farted it was like a hairdryer going off.

No, but you're welcome to volunteer! :w00t:

PS... change your hairdryer!

Tanchi;6618212

Oh thats okay then :?

Agreed.

gari189;6618221

What about the rest of your family?

They agree with me.

jaclec;6618390

Who should you pay to and what should be done with the money?

The farmer should pay (they are his cows). I'd be happy to take the proceeds, but the government might not agree!

I like the idea of a Baked Bean and Brussel Sprout tax too. (I don't eat either..... I care for the environment!):thumbsup:

g1bbuk;6618418

Just a quick point. Nearly all the methane produced by cows is actually … Just a quick point. Nearly all the methane produced by cows is actually from their mouths, not the other end. Maybe gas masks could be fitted?Would farmers also get tax relief on all the trees, hedgerows, plants & wildlife on their land?

Yes to tax relief...... And not surprised to hear that the smell comes from ther mouths. Too much BS. (Literally)

Banned

Syzable;6618404

But you save on TV licensce :-DAnd it should go to me............to … But you save on TV licensce :-DAnd it should go to me............to maintain my fleet of hummers. ;-)

wondered what that smell was :w00t:

I would just kill all cows....stupid and uneducated creatures serving no purpose in life

guv;6618422

I like the idea of a Baked Bean and Brussel Sprout tax too. (I don't eat … I like the idea of a Baked Bean and Brussel Sprout tax too. (I don't eat either..... I care for the environment!):thumbsup:

Nooooooooooo :x ...........i love sprouts

dog_cop;6618424

wondered what that smell was :w00t:

Apparently............it's always me. :-(

Original Poster Banned

boothy;6618451

I would just kill all cows....stupid and uneducated creatures serving no … I would just kill all cows....stupid and uneducated creatures serving no purpose in life

Agreed. Have you seen them running through the streets in Spain? Thugs and desperados.

Banned

i think there should be a a tax on cabbage too, I had some yesterday and it made me trump a lot

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;6618478

i think there should be a a tax on cabbage too, I had some yesterday and … i think there should be a a tax on cabbage too, I had some yesterday and it made me trump a lot

These farmers have a lot to answer for!

http://asmallvictory.net/archives/gay_cow.jpg

Banned

boothy;6618615

mmm have I seen this person somewhere before :thinking:

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;6618635

mmm have I seen this person somewhere before :thinking:

You've been hanging in the wrong bars bro!:whistling:

Banned

guv;6618658

You've been hanging in the wrong bars bro!:whistling:

no was thinking crime watch

If anything farmers get taxed enough as it is. Farms should be encouraged, simply because without them we screwed.

Banned

boothy;6618615

That image is called 'gay cow'. Wonder what you were searching for there?

I think the older generation on here should really try and set a better example.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
  2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
  3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
  4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions