Should Groupon deals be allowed?

Posted 30th Mar
Seems strange to me that they're still allowed given the fact they are blatantly inflating prices on essentials eg alcohol based hand sanitiser. One 100ml bottle for £11.99!!!!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
100ml for £11.99 WTF!

in answer to your question, they need to be taken down... downtown
Absolutely not!
Depends on the deal.
Anything good YES
Anything not good NO
So one bad deal makes it ugly? Yesterday, I looked up the price for sanitiser from an offbeat brand. It is £12 for 100 ml and turns out that has always been the price.

Vote with your wallet and don't buy rather than taking them completely out. Let's get away from this "punish the profiteers" mindset - let the market decide if they survive or not.
Edited by: "bozo007" 31st Mar
If you stay near Grangemouth near Falkirk INEOS the oil refiner are making sanitizer and giving it out for free
deleted2462218
bozo00731/03/2020 07:09

So one bad deal makes it ugly? Yesterday, I looked up the price for …So one bad deal makes it ugly? Yesterday, I looked up the price for sanitiser from an offbeat brand. It is £12 for 100 ml and turns out that has always been the price.Vote with your wallet and don't buy rather than taking them completely out. Let's get away from this "punish the profiteers" mindset - let the market decide if they survive or not.

Why shouldn't people who are trying to profit from this terrible situation be punished? Superdrug are selling 100ml of alcohol based hand sanitiser for £1.25. This price has clearly been inflated
deleted246221831/03/2020 11:13

Why shouldn't people who are trying to profit from this terrible situation …Why shouldn't people who are trying to profit from this terrible situation be punished? Superdrug are selling 100ml of alcohol based hand sanitiser for £1.25. This price has clearly been inflated

Getting killed in the market is a better punishment. Do we really want the nanny state to do everything for us? Government is the most inefficient user of resources, so let's try to minimise their intervention. In an era of smartphones, it doesn't take too long to find out what is an acceptable price for anything.
deleted2462218
bozo00731/03/2020 11:45

Getting killed in the market is a better punishment. Do we really want the …Getting killed in the market is a better punishment. Do we really want the nanny state to do everything for us? Government is the most inefficient user of resources, so let's try to minimise their intervention. In an era of smartphones, it doesn't take too long to find out what is an acceptable price for anything.

We'll agree to disagree. Stay safe
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions