Should have known better...

Posted 28th May 2020
I have signed up for an advice service that charges monthly (but I'm locked in for a year) this is through Facebook. So firstly I joined a group (no charge) and they also offered a premium membership which works in a similar way to Just Answer. I would have a 'wealth of knowledge' from their list of professionals that would be on hand to answer my questions on this very specific subject.

I now feel like a fool having been enticed in, my questions go unanswered and unacknowledged. I get ignored when l send messages to admins and am at a loss of of what to do.

Yes l know it's my fault for being a fool. I suppose I was nieve and saw good intentions in people that were not there. It makes me angry to see the promoters of this group crowing on about their amazing group when they treat people like dirt once they have them hooked in.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Haven’t you heard of google, it’s free you know
11 Comments
Haven’t you heard of google, it’s free you know
How are you paying?

If they aren't providing the service just cancel/chargeback
How can you be locked in if they are not providing the service
What’s the name of the group
Dont beat yourself up about it we all make bad calls sometimes
Edited by: "snoopy18" 28th May
Did you know 'Evian' as in the water is, 'Naive' spelled backwards... Who would pay for water in a bottle right...

Anyway, enough of the humour. If you're not getting what you paid for, do a chargeback on your credit card or cancel your agreement.
mas9928/05/2020 22:56

How are you paying?If they aren't providing the service just …How are you paying?If they aren't providing the service just cancel/chargeback

You better do it quickly though Taylor05 as you could have as little as 45 days (up to 120 days) to do it depending on card type.
Name the group please on Facebook, so others don’t get caught out...

you say charged monthly, stop the next payment. Then go on your wall and name them and write a review they will see it but can’t take it down. Also go on the Twitter page if they have one and start bad reviews. Keep the negativity going they hopefully will either give money back or your advice...

some free advice don’t trust things on Facebook and money. Obviously you can pay for that advice if you want...
Possibly quite easy to sort without repercussions if the payment recipient is based in UK.
Are you going to name the group please? so at least you can help others out.
Sometimes we learn lessons the hard way.

As others have said cancel the payment if they are not providing the service you are paying for.
Advice for what?
Post a comment
@
    Text