Should HUKD ban RETENTION deals?

Found 26th Apr
Can't only be me that is getting increasingly frustrated with so many "retentions" deals in search results. These are useless to me because I'm a new customer.

And in my experience these are also useless as an existing customer because not once has a retention price here worked for me.

Don't get me wrong, retention deals definitely exist if you call your provider. But your price is not what anyone else will get.

Creating a deal here is akin to showing your negotiation skills at best

Alternatively HUKD could introduce the -search term functionality like Google. Save my sanity!
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
And with that under your belt, what else would you then deem deem to be suitable for a ban according to your, and only your, personal criterion? A little more open mindedness and lot less time on HUKD might be an option to consider.

But quite agree that HUKD should include the exclude option
It's nice for awareness, rather than a deal maybe it could be added in discussions?
YES. It's a click bait profit
yes and whilst they are at it they should ban morrisons deals - no morrisons near me so i stamp my foot at these deals and stick out my bottom lip really really far
BAN THEM!
edit: though if its just pot luck what you get offered thats different
Edited by: "brilly" 26th Apr
Should do it with Tesco deals that can't be bought online.
How many goose chases do we do and it also give Tesco free advertising.
It's like Tesco deliberately put a good reduced price on an item in one of it's stores, so we all chase that goose all over the UK.
They should ban FAKE DEALS
f3rgy151 h, 7 m ago

They should ban FAKE DEALS

They do. Report it and the mods delete it
Misslovely3 h, 1 m ago

YES. It's a click bait profit

Pretty much this. I don't object to them being under discussion but they're not a deal.
I agree. It depends on the customer calling and the person you find...
Edited by: "hearts22" 26th Apr
I find retention deals useful to get an idea whether I’m currently on a good deal or not, and how much of a discount I can aim for. I’m aware not everyone will be offered the same when they haggle, but it’s a plus to get that info, since it’s not readily available elsewhere (and the publicly available deals are often more expensive).
Retention deals should be in misc not an actual deal as you may or mat not get it
Should be just put into discussion rather than a deal as it's not a deal tbh.
ccnp7 h, 20 m ago

And with that under your belt, what else would you then deem deem to be …And with that under your belt, what else would you then deem deem to be suitable for a ban according to your, and only your, personal criterion? A little more open mindedness and lot less time on HUKD might be an option to consider.But quite agree that HUKD should include the exclude option

I was going to say ban was maybe too strong a word, but you know what, I stand by it. Try searching for broadband. You get many mobile retention deals mixed in. I just want home broadband and its frustrating.

Don't tell me to search "home broadband" because then you get thousands of "home" unrelated deals <shakes head>.

-search would have prevented this post entirely.
Alot of soar grapes being expressed on this thread.. Cause I can't get... I couldnt find it.. I had to speak to the right person... . The point is the deals are there and a fair few are available if you know they exist. I personally have benefitted from more than one retention deal. Stop having soar grapes you cant get the deal move on be happy for the people who can
Edited by: "zackariah" 26th Apr
zackariah53 m ago

Alot of soar grapes being expressed on this thread.. Cause I can't get... …Alot of soar grapes being expressed on this thread.. Cause I can't get... I couldnt find it.. I had to speak to the right person... . The point is the deals are there and a fair few are available if you know they exist. I personally have benefitted from more than one retention deal. Stop having soar grapes you cant get the deal move on be happy for the people who can

Been browsing here for 3+ years and never been able to get a retention deal from this site. I'm happy for those that can benefit from retention deals. I'd be happier if I could more easily find a deal too amongst all the noise.
zackariah1 h, 25 m ago

Alot of soar grapes being expressed on this thread.. Cause I can't get... …Alot of soar grapes being expressed on this thread.. Cause I can't get... I couldnt find it.. I had to speak to the right person... . The point is the deals are there and a fair few are available if you know they exist. I personally have benefitted from more than one retention deal. Stop having soar grapes you cant get the deal move on be happy for the people who can

Sour not soar sorry but i had to correct don't shoot me
adhkarzf2 h, 3 m ago

Sour not soar sorry but i had to correct don't shoot me

Thanks spelling obviously not strong point
hotr872 h, 39 m ago

Been browsing here for 3+ years and never been able to get a retention …Been browsing here for 3+ years and never been able to get a retention deal from this site. I'm happy for those that can benefit from retention deals. I'd be happier if I could more easily find a deal too amongst all the noise.

Fair play to you mate it's just I think I'd miss those deals if they were placed in some corner of the site
I find retention deals useful when negotiating whether to stay or leave your current provider. Your right not everyone will be able to benefit from them, albeit I for one have. Maybe a designated section would be more appropriate for them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions