Expired

Should I accept this Virgin Media retention deal?

Found 30th Jul 2014
Got a call back after cancelling my VM services, I'm currently paying £31 for 60Mb broadband and unlimited calls. They've offered me (on the condition that I pay my line rental upfront for the year) 100Mb broadband (that I would have got in November as an upgrade) and the same unlimited calls for £21.

I told him I would get back to him but I just wanted to ask if I should push my luck and ask for something better even though this does seem like a decent deal.

15 Comments

is the up front line rental £144?

if so its 12 months at £21 + £144 - £396 so effectively £33pm
Edited by: "davzzp" 30th Jul 2014

Lol, seriously?

You are paying more than what you are paying now.

Original Poster

No its £9/m + £144 line rental = £252 which works out to be £21

Zak_K

No its £9/m + £144 line rental = £252 which works out to be £21

ah right i thought they were trying to royally shaft you there haha, to be fair that not a bad deal, stand alone BB is £25pm, so 100mb & unlimited calls is pretty good

OP, just to confirm, is this on a new 12 month or 18 month contract?

And does it include the XL Talk Package (Unlimited Calls at anytime)?

Original Poster

Transformers

OP, just to confirm, is this on a new 12 month or 18 month contract? And … OP, just to confirm, is this on a new 12 month or 18 month contract? And does it include the XL Talk Package (Unlimited Calls at anytime)?

No I'm an existing customer who put in a cancellation request.

Zak_K

Can you put in the cancellation request without leaving? May give this ago because I think we are paying too much!

thats a great deal

Paying £60ish for M broadband and XL everything else with a TiVo and a v+ box. Going to try cancelling and see what happens, what sort of price should I be looking for? Sub £50? Sub £40? Would be happy (delighted?) with £50 and faster broadband.

Zak_K

That didn't answer any of my questions.

And I know you're an existing customer, but you would still be given a new 12 or 18 month contract once you accept the deal.

Original Poster

It's a 12 month contract rather than 18, so the line rental saver works out quite well.

Zak_K

It's a 12 month contract rather than 18, so the line rental saver works … It's a 12 month contract rather than 18, so the line rental saver works out quite well.

Great, and is it the XL Talk package then?

Original Poster

Yeah it's the XL Talk package

Zak_K

Yeah it's the XL Talk package

On that basis then, it's an amazing deal and one of the best Virgin Media deals I've ever seen - seriously. You should take up that offer as soon as you get the chance.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75856
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions