Groups

Should I apply?

Hi everyone, just looking for some advice please! Back in December 2007 I was made redundant from a former employer due to adverse business conditions. (financial).

I am now in the same situation again with a different employer so I'm back to looking for a new job. I was looking on a job wesite when I came across a 6 month contract role being advertised by previous employer back in 2007. The role itself is paying half what I used to earn however the role itself will give me the experience to boost my CV. I do have all the expereince they are looking for with the added benefit of being a former employee. Should I apply?

PS: I left the company on good terms

5 Comments

I would definitely apply, even more so if you got made redundant on good terms. Because they know how you've worked previously (providing you were good at your job) then you should be a good contender.

By law though, they would have to interview you all over again and keep the same process for new applicants also.

Good luck :-)

Original Poster

mhh1981;4485855

I would definitely apply, even more so if you got made redundant on good … I would definitely apply, even more so if you got made redundant on good terms. Because they know how you've worked previously (providing you were good at your job) then you should be a good contender. By law though, they would have to interview you all over again and keep the same process for new applicants also.Good luck :-)

I was only there 2 months... not sure if that is a bad thing! I hope not! :oops:

Go for it - what have you to lose. It will give you that extra experience and you can always look for another job while you are there ( if you got the job that is ) :thumbsup:

I can't think of any reason, except the half the salary, why you wouldn't.

Definitely apply If you get to second interview you can ask if the salary is negotiable. Or stay within the job for 6 months and then ask for a raise. Better employed than not!

Good luck sweetie x x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      2. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions