Groups

Should I be taking advantage of the scrappage scheme.

I have been reading the Kia thread with great interest. Its got me thinking. I own a R reg car with 80,000 miles on the clock and it has never cost me anything to get through MOT except wear and tear, wheels etc nothing major at all. I can also get a car on motability I am really not sure what to do. My first thought was to run this car into the ground as such and take advantage of cheaper cars when there is a glut of nearly new in couple of years time.

Any ideas?

3 Comments

Banned

If you get more from motobility, get it that way. Not sure how that works, so cant offer any advice. Scrappage is a good deal, but it might not be as good for you as motobility. Do you know how that scheme works?

Original Poster

guv;7576924

If you get more from motobility, get it that way. Not sure how that … If you get more from motobility, get it that way. Not sure how that works, so cant offer any advice. Scrappage is a good deal, but it might not be as good for you as motobility. Do you know how that scheme works?

I think they take all of your weekly allowance ie about 50.00 with ths you get insurance , recovery as well. But if you want a better car you also have to pay a non-refundable deposit. Not sure if this is such a great deal though. as I have always owned my own car.

I think uve got the right idea.
    If u take a motability car u lose some benefit money ~ correct me if I'm wrong.
    Better the devil u know & keep the cash in ure pocket.
    You at least know tht should it suddenly fail an m.o.t. u have tht option 2 fall back on.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767508
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553813
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814507
      4. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....68

See more discussions