Should I book my florida hols now, or wait till near the time?

23 replies
Found 11th Jul 2010
Wanting to go to Florida on the 10th(ish) of August, but flights are £700-800 each. Would I benefit from buying the flights now or waiting till the week before?

Plus, park tickets: buy now or when I am in florida? (thinking of getting the flexiticket)

Thanks

23 Comments

I have been sitting wondering the same though our holiday is nearly a year away! 3 weeks around America, and flights for our dates only just gone on sale and work out only £1700 for the 3 of us return.

I want to book and pay for them today but my husband says they will come down....................I dont think so as thats really cheap!!!!

My Travel Agent friend (good friend) always says the price of flights will never drop nearer the time.

bossyboots

I have been sitting wondering the same though our holiday is nearly a … I have been sitting wondering the same though our holiday is nearly a year away! 3 weeks around America, and flights for our dates only just gone on sale and work out only £1700 for the 3 of us return. I want to book and pay for them today but my husband says they will come down....................I dont think so as thats really cheap!!!!

bossyboots

I have been sitting wondering the same though our holiday is nearly a … I have been sitting wondering the same though our holiday is nearly a year away! 3 weeks around America, and flights for our dates only just gone on sale and work out only £1700 for the 3 of us return. I want to book and pay for them today but my husband says they will come down....................I dont think so as thats really cheap!!!!

Mind you - you are perhaps better off waiting a bit - £ vs $ and all that. For a year away anyway

Original Poster

Mind you - you are perhaps better off waiting a bit - £ vs $ and all … Mind you - you are perhaps better off waiting a bit - £ vs $ and all that. For a year away anyway

I have gotten it at $1.5 to the pound on the net, I know that is not the best compaired to what it has been in the past. But way better than the euro.

aardvarking

My Travel Agent friend (good friend) always says the price of flights … My Travel Agent friend (good friend) always says the price of flights will never drop nearer the time.

Thats what my husband was told by our local travel agent - he told us to book around January, but our budget was £2000 for the flights so to see them for £1700 I would rather just book and be done with it. Its Glasgow - London - Los Angeles - Las Vegas - Los Angeles - London - Glasgow (with a lovely weeks cruise to Mexico inbetween all of that!)

Anyway I might wait.....................a day lol

Original Poster

aardvarking

My Travel Agent friend (good friend) always says the price of flights … My Travel Agent friend (good friend) always says the price of flights will never drop nearer the time.

Oh great! Pass me his details and I will ring him! lol

Thank u

Anyone else got any florida tips?

Latinosharkey

Oh great! Pass me his details and I will ring him! lolThank uAnyone else … Oh great! Pass me his details and I will ring him! lolThank uAnyone else got any florida tips?

none am afraid, but I reckon August travel is the busiest time of the year so dont think your gonna get much of a bargain on waiting - but might be wrong!

Latinosharkey

Oh great! Pass me his details and I will ring him! lolThank uAnyone else … Oh great! Pass me his details and I will ring him! lolThank uAnyone else got any florida tips?

It's a She lol - booked my flights to Dubai with her last month (going in November) and I asked the same question

Original Poster

[/quote]none am afraid, but I reckon August travel is the busiest time of the year so dont think your gonna get much of a bargain on waiting - but might be wrong![/quote]

August will be busy, but the american kids (well most of them) go back to the schools around the 16th. So, I should be able to get on a few rides. lol.

If what the others say is right, I might be better booking a package hol. Might be cheaper than just a flight. We'll see.

Wanting to go to Florida on the 10th(ish) of August, but flights are … Wanting to go to Florida on the 10th(ish) of August, but flights are £700-800 each. Would I benefit from buying the flights now or waiting till the week before?

probably not get any cheaper due to school holidays etc, as for park tickets go to the dibb possibly best info on web for UK tourists doing the parks etc

OP how many travelling and from what airport......how long staying.....av been on loads of travel websites for past couple of hours for these USA flights so will go have a look for you.

Just a thought - isn't there extra paperwork for travelling to the states these days? Might be worth getting that in ASAP :-)

Original Poster

bossyboots

OP how many travelling and from what airport......how long staying.....av … OP how many travelling and from what airport......how long staying.....av been on loads of travel websites for past couple of hours for these USA flights so will go have a look for you.

Oh thank you. Just the 2 of us, for 2 weeks.

I wish that guy had'nt shown me the dibb. Through it, I have found out meat loaf is playing when I wanna be there. lol

Original Poster

aardvarking

Just a thought - isn't there extra paperwork for travelling to the states … Just a thought - isn't there extra paperwork for travelling to the states these days? Might be worth getting that in ASAP :-)

Go them last week, but thanks for the advice.

Latinosharkey

Oh thank you. Just the 2 of us, for 2 weeks. I wish that guy had'nt shown … Oh thank you. Just the 2 of us, for 2 weeks. I wish that guy had'nt shown me the dibb. Through it, I have found out meat loaf is playing when I wanna be there. lol

what airport and is it a weeks holiday?

Banned

Surely its better to book earlier.In most cases the majority of tickets are cheaper when u book earlier.However u may find one or two tickets cheaper at the time.But i think its better to be safe and book earlier.And as someone stated abbove if the students are starting school that time the demand for tickets will increase so the prices will be high during august.

Original Poster

bossyboots

what airport and is it a weeks holiday?

lol, sorry. Anywhere north of Birmingham. Around the 9 - 11 th of August for 2 weeks, the international drive area, if poss.

Do you have the accommodation sorted? Int'l drive is quite a pricey area from what I remember.

We stayed in Kissimmee and had a rental car - mind you, that's beacuse my exes parent's timeshare was there

wow its really pricey! cheapest I have seen so far is just over £1700 for two weeks flying from Birmingham byo.barrheadtravel.co.uk/bui…010

bloody hell look at length of that link

Original Poster

lol, that is high. And that is one hell of a link! lol.

Thank you for looking.

P.s. how do you leave rep now?

i-drive has some good pubs/shops and has plenty of transport to the parks (although disney may need 2 buses depending on where you stay) and kissimee is out of the way and does not have the night life of i drive.

We've been making the same trip for the past 12 years (sad, I know), and the flights need to be booked up as soon as possible. There is a risk the price of direct flights will go UP, as seats are filled. You will get a better deal with an indirect flight, if youi can put up with the longer journey time.

We always buy flexitickets about 3 weeks before we go, and I always check around for the best price. FloradaTix was the best price last week (£189 for the Plus ticket, which included Busch Gardens, Tampa Bay. Look out for postage charges, etc., if you use other companies.

Beware of any tickets much cheaper than this, as they will be timeshare tickets.

You will definitely pay more for flights the nearer it gets to your departure dates. We booked with BA to go to Tampa this October last year. They cost £2000 for 4. Even now, they are up to £3000 and it is still 3 months away.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114648
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1889
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming1321
    4. Orionid meteor shower over the weekend34

See more discussions