Groups

Should I buy a PS3?

Just had a call from one of my mate's, he is selling his PS3 (60gb) with 2 pads and motorstorm, plus Asassins creed (collectors edition with the statue), he is asking £250 for it, should I take it from him, seeing as I already have a Wii and A 360?
    thanks for any comments,

Mike..

34 Comments

thats a great price

Mate get it!!! I will take it of you!!! Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

P.S After you get bored!!! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

OnTheBallCity;2361995

thats a great price

really? OK, I will tell him I'll take it then, nice one buddy.

Mike..

Depends if you want a bluray player

Banned

Go for it mate! you will only regret it

Looking at the thread title i was going to say yes, I love mine. But seeing that you already have a wii and 360, is there enough hours in the day?

Banned

60GB??????

Buy it and re-sell for £100 more!!

seems like a v good price get it

Naeem786;2361998

Mate get it!!! I will take it of you!!! PlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzP.S After you get … Mate get it!!! I will take it of you!!! PlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzP.S After you get bored!!! :thumbsup:

You wanna make a deal??? lol

Original Poster

Well, just spoke with him, he has sold Assasins creed and one of the pads and wants £240 for it still with the HD lead, so once again I am asking if that is a good deal, sorry to keep pestering people

Mike..

gd_miester;2362480

Buy the Ps3 and sell the … Buy the Ps3 and sell the 360.http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/metalgearsolid4gunsofthepatriots

So sell the 360 and buy a ps3 for one game? silliness

I got all three consoles and like the PS3 the best.

MikeBeaver;2362455

Well, just spoke with him, he has sold Assasins creed and one of the pads … Well, just spoke with him, he has sold Assasins creed and one of the pads and wants £240 for it still with the HD lead, so once again I am asking if that is a good deal, sorry to keep pestering people :pMike..

Mtes still good as its a 60GB which are good, can always take it off him and i will get it off you? Obviously yo can make commission!! :whistling:

You can pick up controllers around £20! :thumbsup:

Yep, Good Deal for a PS3.

However, My 360 gets played more (Due to online).

If you got the money, buy it

Original Poster

jackthelad;2362544

Yep, Good Deal for a PS3.However, My 360 gets played more (Due to … Yep, Good Deal for a PS3.However, My 360 gets played more (Due to online).If you got the money, buy it

Cash is not the problem, I have that in abundance just wondering if it was going to be worth my while getting it, as I am sure they will be coming down in price soon, and there is no need to sell the 360, it has only cost me about £60 so far for the console, 2 pads (1 wireless) and 8 games, lol

Mike..

P.S, thanks to all those who have commented

Banned

What makes you so sure that the price will be coming down? Did I miss an official announcement?

Original Poster

vixygwim;2362763

What makes you so sure that the price will be coming down? Did I miss an … What makes you so sure that the price will be coming down? Did I miss an official announcement?

I have nothing solid as a price drop, just a hunch, am sure it will be doing so at some point, but Meh, this is a 60 gb version so will probably take him up on the offer, cheers.

Mike..

Banned

You'd be mad not to imho.

I like being able to manipulate the PSP's memory card, copy music or whatever without having to turn a computer on.

Original Poster

Going "booting" in the morning, then off to collect this afterwards, should keep me entertained for a day or two I suppose, lol.

Mike..

MikeBeaver;2362739

Cash is not the problem, I have that in abundance just wondering if … Cash is not the problem, I have that in abundance just wondering if it was going to be worth my while getting it, as I am sure they will be coming down in price soon, and there is no need to sell the 360, it has only cost me about £60 so far for the console, 2 pads (1 wireless) and 8 games, lol :)Mike..P.S, thanks to all those who have commented

If cash is not a problem then just buy it - a price drop is not likly until about sep-nov earliest.

]http//ww…ots

Original Poster

gd_miester;2364182

If cash is not a problem then just buy it - a price drop is not likly … If cash is not a problem then just buy it - a price drop is not likly until about sep-nov earliest.]http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...softhepatriots

Shall be off to get it in a few hours, just going to the car boot to see if I can find anything bargainous (got FF8 on PS1 last week for 50p, lol).
    But why on earth did you link to metacritics review of Metal Gear 4? if ever there was a reason NOT to buy a Sony console that series is it!!

Mike..

Great buy and at a great price for a 60gb, now go buy MGS4 and enjoy

60gb ps3 is world £350 on its own so buy it and then sell it

Original Poster

Buttmonk3y;2364739

Great buy and at a great price for a 60gb, now go buy MGS4 and enjoy

You can stick Metal gear where the sun don't shine, the most over hyped pile of twaddle I have ever heard of, if I want to play a long winded, over exagerated game with an enormous plot then I will pick up a Final fantasy game, lol, not some steaming turd from Konami that "thinks" it's a game, sorry if you like it but I really have a dislike of the Metal Gear franchise.

dandoc2;2364816

60gb ps3 is world £350 on its own so buy it and then sell it

Might just do that, they do seem to go for quite a high price, then I can put the money towards a cheap 40gb version in a few months and be better off all round, but am going to play it for a few days first, I quite like this Motorstorm game

Mike..

Banned

Mike.

Does your mate know the true value of the package, if not, keep him as a mate and let him know

Original Poster

aScottishBloke;2365593

Mike.Does your mate know the true value of the package, if not, keep him … Mike.Does your mate know the true value of the package, if not, keep him as a mate and let him know

He does indeed know what it is worth, he is the same bloke who sold me a slim and lite with 4 games a month or so ago for £70, he is to lazy to sell them privately and was even to lazy to take it to CEX this morning, he just wanted to go buy another slim and lite (the Final fantasy version no less) from town this morning, lol.

On other matters, this thing is rubbish, think I prefer my 360, maybe I'll sell it and get another when FF XIII comes out in the year 2020, ha ha :whistling:

Mike..

when u getting ps3 then mike, if so will you go online with it

Original Poster

OnTheBallCity;2365798

when u getting ps3 then mike, if so will you go online with it

I have got it, and am bored already!! PS3 = Disappointment
    Graphics look the same as a 360 and there isn't anything I want to play on it yet (FF XIII is a good year away at least), so it will be on the FS/FT forum in a few days mate if none of my mates want it.

Mike..

I will buy it for what you paid plus arrange own courier if you want lol

Original Poster

ryouga;2366041

I will buy it for what you paid plus arrange own courier if you want lol

I am quite sure you would, think I might try elsewhere first, lol, should make a tenner or so on it

Mike..

MikeBeaver;2366120

I am quite sure you would, think I might try elsewhere first, lol, should … I am quite sure you would, think I might try elsewhere first, lol, should make a tenner or so on it :pMike..

I asked first!! lol :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I have found a use for it at last, I am playing old ps1 games in it because I can't be bothered to unplug it and put the PS2 back on, lol, maybe I'll try out some PS2 games in it and see how/ if they look any better

Mike..

Naeem786;2366341

I asked first!! lol :thumbsup:

No you didnt! you asked before he was thinking of selling it lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2955
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764168
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891819
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24112

See more discussions